The Student Room Group

PSYA3 10th June 2013

Just wondering how everyone is preparing for the exams and what topics you are doing?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dlabz
Just wondering how everyone is preparing for the exams and what topics you are doing?

Notes, practise essays and mind maps - I'm doing bio rhythms, perception and relationships :smile: and you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
i am doing bio rhythms, gender and relationships. I really need help for bio rhythms can you e-mail me some of your notes or mind maps please.
Original post by dlabz
i am doing bio rhythms, gender and relationships. I really need help for bio rhythms can you e-mail me some of your notes or mind maps please.

Everything's handwritten :/ what are you stuck on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey do you guys know where to get sample essays from, like 'A' grade standard. I keep on being inconsistent in practise essays. Sometimes get an A, most commonly a B, sometimes a C and once even a D. And how many evaluation points do you generally use for A02/3 in the 24 markers?
I'm just making an excessive amount of flashcards and trying to remember each topic back-to-front... It worked for me in the last three exams, so fingers crossed I'll be fine here too!

As for topics, I'm doing relationships, eating behavior and aggression.

Good luck, guys!
Reply 6
Hey does anybody know how many points of A03 we should include in essays? i normally have 2? and then the rest of the evaluation is A02
Reply 7
how is everyone revising?
Reply 8
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
Hey do you guys know where to get sample essays from, like 'A' grade standard. I keep on being inconsistent in practise essays. Sometimes get an A, most commonly a B, sometimes a C and once even a D. And how many evaluation points do you generally use for A02/3 in the 24 markers?

If you go to AQA website and teachers content for psychology you see example of A grade essays :smile:
Hello! I'm doing aggression, relationships and gender. All through the year we've been made to do essay plans at the end of every essay's bit of teaching (was pretty much one a week) and whilst it was a ballache at the time, it's useful to have now. My revision consists of summarising those plans onto flash cards that get smaller and smaller until I pretty much know it off by heart. So I'd start with my full essay, condense to a page of A4 notes, then A5, then flash cards... until I'm writing psychology essays in my sleep :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by poppie.leigh
Hello! I'm doing aggression, relationships and gender. All through the year we've been made to do essay plans at the end of every essay's bit of teaching (was pretty much one a week) and whilst it was a ballache at the time, it's useful to have now. My revision consists of summarising those plans onto flash cards that get smaller and smaller until I pretty much know it off by heart. So I'd start with my full essay, condense to a page of A4 notes, then A5, then flash cards... until I'm writing psychology essays in my sleep :wink:

I'm doing the same , psychology is all about memorisation but my teacher keeps asking us compare and contrast questions as she feels it might come out as a 24marker
Reply 11
Hello,

Does anybody have the Jan 2013 past paper for Unit 3?
Reply 12
Original post by butterfly9595
everything's handwritten :/ what are you stuck on?

posted from tsr mobile

sleep walking!
Original post by Pseudo-truth
I'm just making an excessive amount of flashcards and trying to remember each topic back-to-front... It worked for me in the last three exams, so fingers crossed I'll be fine here too!

As for topics, I'm doing relationships, eating behavior and aggression.

Good luck, guys!

I'm doing the same topics!
Reply 14
I'm doing sleep, perception, and eating behaviour. Does anyone have any predictions for any of these?
Original post by HarryB95
I'm doing sleep, perception, and eating behaviour. Does anyone have any predictions for any of these?

Sleep: lifespan changes or disrupting biological rhythms

Perception: Prosopagnosia has NEVER come up, and Bruce and Young haven't come up in a while

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Butterfly9595

Perception: Prosopagnosia has NEVER come up, and Bruce and Young haven't come up in a while

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thank you! Also do you happen to have any notes on Prosopagnosia? I'm finding it hard.. :/
Reply 17
Original post by Butterfly9595

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also, could the life span changes of sleep come up as like a 16 marker or something as there is not much about it?
Also, could the life span changes of sleep come up as like a 16 marker or something as there is not much about it?

Yep, unlikely but it is possible - think narcolepsy has come up before and there is virtually nothing on that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah thank you! Also do you happen to have any notes on Prosopagnosia? I'm finding it hard.. :/

I do - unfortunately I can't upload anything til Sunday - ill try and do it then, if not PM me because ill probably have forgotten!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending