Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I really want to get good at maths so do you know any good ways to revise it? And if you have any good revision sites with free past papers etc could you please tell me:getmecoat:

Ps I'm studying for gcses

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Google xtremepapers or freeexampapers. Just do the past year papers and refer to the mark scheme if you are confused. Keep doing it until you get a hang of it. Maths is all about practice. But remember, Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks will check those out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueberryyums)
    Google xtremepapers or freeexampapers. Just do the past year papers and refer to the mark scheme if you are confused. Keep doing it until you get a hang of it. Maths is all about practice. But remember, Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.
    Does it matter if the exam papers are out of date (like for a new spec) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnight1811)
    Does it matter if the exam papers are out of date (like for a new spec) ?
    Oh no, it doesn't matter. For Maths, there all the specs are the same seeing as it is a traditional subject. And lets say you come across a topic not in your current syllabus, you can always skip it but that is very rare with Mathematics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueberryyums)
    Oh no, it doesn't matter. For Maths, there all the specs are the same seeing as it is a traditional subject. And lets say you come across a topic not in your current syllabus, you can always skip it but that is very rare with Mathematics.

because as I'm doing gcse modular maths (unit 3 geometry) i can then have a look the questions. thanks for clearing that up

ReputationRep:
    because as I'm doing gcse modular maths (unit 3 geometry) i can then have a look the questions. thanks for clearing that up
    No problem. Good luck and hope you find what you are looking for

ReputationRep:
    Look up MyMaths too.

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing A-levels? examsolutions will get you an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    Are you doing A-levels? examsolutions will get you an A.
    oh okay, cheers for that link. What's so good about examsolutions buddy ?

ReputationRep:
    oh okay, cheers for that link. What's so good about examsolutions buddy ?
    Basically an amazing maths teacher who has a ton of tutorials on his website. He also goes through many of the past papers. Have a look for yourself, type examsolutions into google

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    Basically an amazing maths teacher who has a ton of tutorials on his website. He also goes through many of the past papers. Have a look for yourself, type examsolutions into google

on the phone atm, so no point looking at a small section, it takes sooo long. thanks anyway for posting.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.