The Student Room Group

Any good sites?

Hey guys,

I really want to get good at maths so do you know any good ways to revise it? And if you have any good revision sites with free past papers etc could you please tell me:getmecoat:

Ps I'm studying for gcses

Posted from TSR Mobile
Google xtremepapers or freeexampapers. Just do the past year papers and refer to the mark scheme if you are confused. Keep doing it until you get a hang of it. Maths is all about practice. But remember, Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.
Reply 2
Thanks will check those out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blueberryyums
Google xtremepapers or freeexampapers. Just do the past year papers and refer to the mark scheme if you are confused. Keep doing it until you get a hang of it. Maths is all about practice. But remember, Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Does it matter if the exam papers are out of date (like for a new spec) ?
Original post by Midnight1811
Does it matter if the exam papers are out of date (like for a new spec) ?

Oh no, it doesn't matter. For Maths, there all the specs are the same seeing as it is a traditional subject. And lets say you come across a topic not in your current syllabus, you can always skip it :smile: but that is very rare with Mathematics.
Original post by blueberryyums
Oh no, it doesn't matter. For Maths, there all the specs are the same seeing as it is a traditional subject. And lets say you come across a topic not in your current syllabus, you can always skip it :smile: but that is very rare with Mathematics.

because as I'm doing gcse modular maths (unit 3 geometry) i can then have a look the questions. thanks for clearing that up :smile:
because as I'm doing gcse modular maths (unit 3 geometry) i can then have a look the questions. thanks for clearing that up :smile:

No problem. Good luck and hope you find what you are looking for :smile:
Look up MyMaths too.
Reply 8
Are you doing A-levels? examsolutions will get you an A.
Original post by GCSE-help
Are you doing A-levels? examsolutions will get you an A.

oh okay, cheers for that link. What's so good about examsolutions buddy ? :biggrin:
Reply 10
oh okay, cheers for that link. What's so good about examsolutions buddy ? :biggrin:

Basically an amazing maths teacher who has a ton of tutorials on his website. He also goes through many of the past papers. Have a look for yourself, type examsolutions into google :smile:
Original post by GCSE-help
Basically an amazing maths teacher who has a ton of tutorials on his website. He also goes through many of the past papers. Have a look for yourself, type examsolutions into google :smile:

on the phone atm, so no point looking at a small section, it takes sooo long. thanks anyway for posting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending