Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Anon Please.

Is there a point within a friendship where you are happy with each other and basically cut contact/talk less? I've been close to a friend of mine since the start of university and It seem's suddenly the contact has stopped. Just whenever text's are sent (Used to talk everyday, all the time) reply's received are hours later stating that they are busy/forgot I had text them.

It seem's strange to go from talking all the time, to hardly at all. I cant talk to said person about It as I've asked before, twice and they say nothing has changed but obviously something has for there to be a sudden change. You don't suddenly wake up and realise you know everything about each other and there is no reason to talk? I've not said anything out of line to them. Only thing that has changed is that they are talking to there EX more recently. I'm assuming he just fill's the void I did before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon Please.

Is there a point within a friendship where you are happy with each other and basically cut contact/talk less? I've been close to a friend of mine since the start of university and It seem's suddenly the contact has stopped. Just whenever text's are sent (Used to talk everyday, all the time) reply's received are hours later stating that they are busy/forgot I had text them.

It seem's strange to go from talking all the time, to hardly at all. I cant talk to said person about It as I've asked before, twice and they say nothing has changed but obviously something has for there to be a sudden change. You don't suddenly wake up and realise you know everything about each other and there is no reason to talk? I've not said anything out of line to them. Only thing that has changed is that they are talking to there EX more recently. I'm assuming he just fill's the void I did before?
    Sorry, what gender are you and your friend?

ReputationRep:
    Could be something going on that you don't know about. For example, sometimes I will barely speak to my friends, but its because I'm suddenly swamped by work. I think my friends have realised now that I only really get to speak to them on my holidays and weekends!

Anon.

Genders are Male (OP) & Female.

to linkdapink
    But that suddenly doesn't happen does it? you cant go from talking all the time to nothing, why wouldn't they just say that they are super busy? happens on weekends and stuff

Bump

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.