Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What are his intentions????? Watch

Just wandering what you guys/girls think...

What do you think a guys intentions are when he asks a girl out and uses the words 'date' and 'dinner,' and continuously pesters you for a date???

Do you think he's thinking possible relationship or just hoping for a ONS?

ReputationRep:
    Dinner at a restaurant would say genuine interest.
    Dinner at his for a first date would say ONS.

This may not always be the case in either scenario, but that's the impression I'd get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What do you think a guys intentions are when he asks a girl out and uses the words 'date' and 'dinner,' and continuously pesters you for a date???
    He wants to take you on a date.

ReputationRep:
    ^ What Harriet said. If it's at his, then it's likely to be a ONS.

(Original post by xOHarriet)
    Dinner at a restaurant would say genuine interest.
    Dinner at his for a first date would say ONS.

This may not always be the case in either scenario, but that's the impression I'd get.
    Thanks!That makes sense..think he said he wants to take me out for dinner...
    But I'm thinking that perhaps it's better to say no at first to see how badly he wants to date me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks!That makes sense..think he said he wants to take me out for dinner...
    But I'm thinking that perhaps it's better to say no at first to see how badly he wants to date me...
    Games are no way to start a relationship. If you like him, go out with him and see where it goes. Getting rejected can be a pretty big confidence knock for anyone - you don't want to miss out on something which could be really good.

That's just my opinion though.

ReputationRep:
    IF YOU LIKE HIM, GO OUT WITH HIM.
    IF YOU LIKE HIM LOTS, AND HE DOESN'T SEEM LIKE A ****, SHAG HIM.
    Men are not that complicated, stop believing in Cosmo and accept that sometimes male humans might be interested in women without ulterior motives. Let's face it, sex is not an ulterior motive - it's what we're supposed to do on this planet.
    Stop freaking out. Go get dinner, and maybe some sex, if you want!

ReputationRep:
    if he suggests nando's gtfo

ReputationRep:
    Free food is great. Sex is great.
    Combine the two, what could go wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Cruel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TruetoMyself)
    Cruel
    Wahhhayy.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose dinner is just a task men think women require to be done, and they must endure, to get sex. He can also use it as a way of figuring out how long it will take to get you in bed, by what you say and how you act.

No man wants to go to dinner with a woman. Dinner is in the home, or at McDonalds. It should be solitary or with family. No man wants to listen to a woman rabbit on and be on the lookout (at himself) for exhibiting off-putting eating practices.

Dinner is for gays and fat people. Men just want sex, cuddles and occasional political debates. Control yourselves women! Release us from the burden of listening to you and enduring such tasks!

Did cavemen take cavewomen to dinner? No. The human race would have died out thousands of years ago if there was such a thing as 'going to dinner'.

Lo: You have become decadent. Give men what they want. If they will produce weak offspring then cast them out of the range of your pussy.
    Allow the strong ones to thrive. Perform your duty and incubate a new race of supermen yay.

(Original post by xOHarriet)
    Games are no way to start a relationship. If you like him, go out with him and see where it goes. Getting rejected can be a pretty big confidence knock for anyone - you don't want to miss out on something which could be really good.

That's just my opinion though.
    Thank you! This is true. You are very wise.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.