Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    More important things happened in my life, like my mums several operations, my dads seizures, I had other things to concentrate on, like looking after them and running a house.

More important things in life than a degree.
    Everyone with a 2:2 has a sob story. I sympathise. Sad truth is you need to push up your grade to make sure all this cv stuff isn't a waste of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LexiswasmyNexis)
    Everyone with a 2:2 has a sob story. I sympathise. Sad truth is you need to push up your grade to make sure all this cv stuff isn't a waste of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not possible to push my grade up. Even if it was, I do not have the time to dedicate towards my degree, nor the emotional capacity at the moment.I am not looking for a high flying all singing and dancing graduate job. What I am asking is how to structure my CV, when all of my experience is geared towards the legal profession and that is now not what I want to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firaWhoops)
    It'll also look as if OP is desperate to work in the legal sector and is only applying for any job in the meantime.
    No, you'd think nobody had ever made a career change before. All work experience is useful and what she has to make sure is that she links the experience to the skills they ask for in the job description. The covering letter is where all the main work is done, and it's where she has to explain what her career aspirations are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malteser87)
    No, you'd think nobody had ever made a career change before. All work experience is useful and what she has to make sure is that she links the experience to the skills they ask for in the job description. The covering letter is where all the main work is done, and it's where she has to explain what her career aspirations are.
    You make it sound like a simple walk in the park. Covering letter or not, having several law work experiences and a law degree will make it look like you plan to become a lawyer. Talk all you like but do you honestly think employers will believe you? When there's so many candidates to choose from, there's no reason to take that risk in someone whose record screams s/he will leave soon.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.