Turn on thread page Beta

what financial help available watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hello Mark. I am doing an NHS funded course from Sept 2013. What financial help am I entitled to claim from Student Finance England on top of my nhs bursary (loans, grants, childcare allowance etc)? I have already done one degree (currently repaying my student loan).
    Do I need to fill in PN1 form to claim? (I am not able to claim online - no link under full time applications)
    Second question - I am from EU country but I have lived in the UK for 7 years now. I assume I am treated like an ordinary UK resident. Am I right? Thank you.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Jazz,

    As you've lived here for 7 years then yes you'll be treated as a UK national for the purposes of student finance.

    As you are an NHS student and have a previous qualification you will be entitled to a reduced rate maintenance loan only. Any other funding such as childcare will be provided by the NHS themselves.

    Here's a copy of the form you need: http://bit.ly/Wav8x3

    Hope this helps,
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.