Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I am currently in year 12 and wondered what my chances are of getting to study Ancient History at St Andrews University next year. Ancient History requirements are AAA.

However, there are lots of people entering with A*'s and A's at GCSE, I only achieved average GCSEs ascertaining 3.5 As and 6.5 Bs

Under the assumption that I achieved AAAc in Psychology, History, Economics and Philosophy in respective order, what are my chances of receiving an offer from the prestigious institution of St Andrews?

As a side note: I am also (hopefully) working in the National History Museum or Victoria and Albert Museum in London during the Summer. I also watch lots of documentaries on the ancient empires, and I would have probably read at least 6 books by the time of my application in the relevant field. Mostly on Rome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JediArron)
    Hello everyone, I am currently in year 12 and wondered what my chances are of getting to study Ancient History at St Andrews University next year. Ancient History requirements are AAA.

However, there are lots of people entering with A*'s and A's at GCSE, I only achieved average GCSEs ascertaining 3.5 As and 6.5 Bs

Under the assumption that I achieved AAAc in Psychology, History, Economics and Philosophy in respective order, what are my chances of receiving an offer from the prestigious institution of St Andrews?

As a side note: I am also (hopefully) working in the National History Museum or Victoria and Albert Museum in London during the Summer. I also watch lots of documentaries on the ancient empires, and I would have probably read at least 6 books by the time of my application in the relevant field. Mostly on Rome.
    As other people would say,your always have a chance If you already achieved or exceed the minimum requirements.After that,there are lots of factors that counts;your personal statement,your extra curriculars.

Just a note as I learned from Student Room Community we cant tell your chances since we dont know with who you'll be competing with and what admissions will think of you.But I guess this link would help you better,http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...055&p=39397212

Also you can check the stalking pages of St.Andrews Applicants 2012 and 2013;that would give you a clue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlaux)
    As other people would say,your always have a chance If you already achieved or exceed the minimum requirements.After that,there are lots of factors that counts;your personal statement,your extra curriculars.

Just a note as I learned from Student Room Community we cant tell your chances since we dont know with who you'll be competing with and what admissions will think of you.But I guess this link would help you better,http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...055&p=39397212

Also you can check the stalking pages of St.Andrews Applicants 2012 and 2013;that would give you a clue.
    Thanks!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.