Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

A friend of mine started ignoring/avoiding me, giving me the 'cold shoulder' after they got into a relationship. It may have been unintentional i really dont know. Anyway recently I think they've just broke up and are single again, now all of a sudden they start talking to me again like nothing happened...

I've been talking to them again normally, but to be honest I'm kind of 'scared' incase they just ditch me again when they start dating someone else. I've spent most of the time crying before, because I really missed talking to them And I dont want that to happen again but would hate to ignore them aswell...

I've always had issues with making friends, so I really felt they're a special friend

What should i do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A friend of mine started ignoring/avoiding me, giving me the 'cold shoulder' after they got into a relationship. It may have been unintentional i really dont know. Anyway recently I think they've just broke up and are single again, now all of a sudden they start talking to me again like nothing happened...

I've been talking to them again normally, but to be honest I'm kind of 'scared' incase they just ditch me again when they start dating someone else. I've spent most of the time crying before, because I really missed talking to them And I dont want that to happen again but would hate to ignore them aswell...

I've always had issues with making friends, so I really felt they're a special friend

What should i do?
    Forgive but don't forget.

If you're close enough, discuss it with them. If not, move on from it, carry on and if it never happened. Life is too short, IMO.

:bump:

ReputationRep:
    Don't forgive them and don't be friends with them anymore.

They got back in the relationship...and have already started avoiding me again like I dont exist :'( What should i do? I feel so crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    They got back in the relationship...and have already started avoiding me again like I dont exist :'( What should i do? I feel so crap
    Mention it.

(Original post by FO12DY)
    Mention it.

I wouldnt feel comfortable mentioning it to them, I just dont like confrontations I would also feel like I'm forcing them to talk to me. idk.

ReputationRep:
    Nope-have a sense of your worth as a person!
    Sad!
    Your instincts were correct...

Think to keep yourself intact you have two options:

1.Bite the bullet and confront them. Say you are unahppy being picked up/dropped when they feel like it... Although you value them as a friend you won't be treated like this.

2.Ignore their previous behaviour-but find people who value you, so when their relationship breaks up again, you won't be so available and hopefully they will not see you for dust as you are too busy having fun with people who value you for the nice person you no doubt doubt are!
    Good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.