Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anyone else has applied to this, and if so if they've heard back from Ofgem? I got the standard 'we're expecting lots of applications and if you don't hear back from us by w/c 18th March then assume you've been unsuccessful' email once I'd applied, but nothing since...

ReputationRep:
    Haha just after I wrote that, I got another email from them! Numerical, verbal and spatial reasoning tests to be completed by Monday, then they'll make the shortlist of people who will go to the assessment centre in April.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for this too and reached the online assessment stage which I just completed.

Did anyone find this as random and difficult as me? Hard to practice for and difficult to complete on time! I hope the pass benchmark to not too high!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I thought exactly the same - I'm fairly sure it's one of those where you're not expected to be able to do all of the questions in the time limit. Fingers crossed for the next stage!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've just been invited to the assessment centre. Has anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Yep Haven't received the email with the detailed info yet though, have you?

ReputationRep:
    No not yet, I bet we're going to be asked to prepare something for it so I don't mind not hearing for a while because then I don't have to worry about it haha.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you were right... 5 min presentation with 10 minutes of questions!! But don't have to worry about that until next week. Just as well seeing as my dissertation is due in the day before the AC!

ReputationRep:
    Hi to those who have got excepted, could I ask what your backgrounds are?

As in degree are you studying?

This is second time I have applied to Ofgem and second time I have been un-successful

I have a First class engineering master degree, and have also got 1 year industrial experience. I therefore am lost why I didnt get to the next stage.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get to the online testing stage ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope didn't get to do the test unfortunately which means my application got rejected

I don't know. My application was very good. I showed how commercially aware I was, and told them how I am familiar with all metering technology such as smart meters as I have with them. I was taught a module by member of UK power networks relating to this job position. Alongside working one year in industry. So I taught I had an edge.

So I'm completely baffled why I didn't get through.

Good luck to you people that go through. To pass assessment day you just got to be commercially aware and you will be fine

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that. I'm doing economics, and also have a year of industrial experience. Good luck with your other applications!

ReputationRep:
    I heard back from Ofgem yesterday and they asked if I was available for the AC and that I was being put on a reserve list.

Whatever that means, anyone have more information on this?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.