Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Bradford Clinical Sciences BSc/Foundation Offer Holders (2013) Watch

• View Poll Results: Year 1 or Foundation?
    Year 1
    28.57%
    Foundation
    71.43%

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

This is a forum for prospective students to introduce themselves.
    NB: For entry onto the Year 1 and Foundation Year programmes at Bradford.

Please state which course you have received an offer for and include anything else you may wish to share with others.

Good luck to all those faced with Summer exams.

I'm Sumeet and I've been offered the Foundation Year.

Many thanks...see you soon!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Dr Bell,

I've got an interview next week Wednesday for Foundation Clinical Sciences, have you got any tips preparation wise? And what was the offer you got?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I got an offer for the Bsc (first year) which I was pretty surprised at tbh!

Offer is BBB

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I had an offer for first year but now I've changed to foundation year
    I'm hoping this will be my insurance choice if I do get an offer for med, but if not it will probably be my first choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gcayte)
    Hi
    I had an offer for first year but now I've changed to foundation year
    I'm hoping this will be my insurance choice if I do get an offer for med, but if not it will probably be my first choice

How did you change to the foundation by phoning and asking? How come if you don't mind me asking (PM if you want) I thought people want to do the first year, as its transfer to year 2 Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libby18)
    How did you change to the foundation by phoning and asking? How come if you don't mind me asking (PM if you want) I thought people want to do the first year, as its transfer to year 2 Leeds.
    At my interview I actually mentioned it but yes I rang and emailed, I think if I get like AAB they might want me to go onto Year 1 but I'm not sure.
    Personally I think foundation year would a safer bet, if I don't get into Leeds I wouldn't want to continue the rest of the clinical sciences degree, and I've heard year 1 can be quite competitive, which I don't think I would like. It's just my personal opinion, it might be wrong haha but it's just what I would want to do

ReputationRep:
    At my interview I actually mentioned it but yes I rang and emailed, I think if I get like AAB they might want me to go onto Year 1 but I'm not sure.
    Personally I think foundation year would a safer bet, if I don't get into Leeds I wouldn't want to continue the rest of the clinical sciences degree, and I've heard year 1 can be quite competitive, which I don't think I would like. It's just my personal opinion, it might be wrong haha but it's just what I would want to do

what would you do then? go abroad or do another degree? I guess everyone has their own preferences. I'd say they are as competitive as each other really. What are you currently on track for grade wise?

ReputationRep:
    HI,
    i've got an offer for the foundation year and have firmed it so hope to see you all in September was just wondering do you think we are goin to be invited for an applicants day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisah150)
    HI,
    i've got an offer for the foundation year and have firmed it so hope to see you all in September was just wondering do you think we are goin to be invited for an applicants day

nice have you put an insurance?

ReputationRep:
    Offer for foundation but I might call and change to year 1 as I have AAA and would be best to go year 2 of med in leeds

ReputationRep:
    nice have you put an insurance?
    no this seemed like the best choice for me so no insurance especially as this has the lowest reqirements how about you did you apply for the foundation or first year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpongeB)
    Offer for foundation but I might call and change to year 1 as I have AAA and would be best to go year 2 of med in leeds
    Have you applied to med schools as well

ReputationRep:
    no this seemed like the best choice for me so no insurance especially as this has the lowest reqirements how about you did you apply for the foundation or first year

got an offer for the first year
    its my back up option

ReputationRep:
    Go for it -may as well as you have the right grades. I've been put on the Bsc, but don't mind either (we should swap )

ReputationRep:
    Have you applied to med schools as well
    Yeah.
    Go for it -may as well as you have the right grades. I've been put on the Bsc, but don't mind either (we should swap )
    Hehe we should :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else feeling like this ..... Somedays im just soooo excited and just dont wanna wait to start uni then other days im just scared that its so soon and im gunna hav to move away

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ive sent my accomodation form off has anyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey
    does anyone know if other medical schools accept this course? if so, is anyone applying to them? as I only want to go to leeds tbh
    Ive sent my accomodation form off has anyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah.

Hehe we should :mmm:

(Original post by Precious12)
    Hi Dr Bell,

I've got an interview next week Wednesday for Foundation Clinical Sciences, have you got any tips preparation wise? And what was the offer you got?

Thanks.

(Original post by Dr Bell)
    Hi Everyone,

This is a forum for prospective students to introduce themselves.
    NB: For entry onto the Year 1 and Foundation Year programmes at Bradford.

Please state which course you have received an offer for and include anything else you may wish to share with others.

Good luck to all those faced with Summer exams.

I'm Sumeet and I've been offered the Foundation Year.

Many thanks...see you soon!
    hey
    does anyone know if other medical schools accept this course? if so, is anyone applying to them? as I only want to go to leeds tbh

Also, I'll make a FB group if I can. it wants me to add a friend to the group to create it, but none of my friends on fb have an offer for this (not that im aware)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AishaTara)
    hey

I'm pretty sure most don't, unless you already have AAA at A-Level
    If you want you could add me as a friend then create the group?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure most don't, unless you already have AAA at A-Level
    If you want you could add me as a friend then create the group?
    ohh right, any that do though?
    Sure I'm really new to FB got it recently and havent really got much on it and I dont really know how to use it, so I might have to put you in charge of the group as well
    hehe! message me your FB link

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 11, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.