Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Other than medicine and veterinary medicine, which course is the most competitive in terms of applicants to place ratio?

ReputationRep:
    Heard Dentistry can be pretty competitive. Tbh, all science subjects (e.g. BioMed, Pharmacy etc) are getting pretty hard to get into imo

ReputationRep:
    Apparently law is getting more competitive? That's what I heard anyway

ReputationRep:
    i've heard mental maths is pretty hrd 2 get into

ReputationRep:
    Maths at a Russel Group university is really hard to get into. As is Law.

But in terms of competition, acting at one of the top drama institutions wins hands down. The ratio for the Manchester School of Theatre is 50:1. I can imagine for somewhere like Rada its 100+:1

ReputationRep:
    Dentisry, Psychology and Allied Health Profession courses? (Physio, OT, SLT etc.)

Might not be as high demand as certain courses in certain universities but in terms of across the board demand they're popular in nearly all the universities they're taught in.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about the ratios of medicine and vet medicine but midwifery is getting very competitive; 23 applicants for every 1 place at Southampton and 19 people applying for every one place at kings.

ReputationRep:
    Paramedic science, most uni's get over a thousand applicants for 15 to 30 places.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.