Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Just a thread so that everyone can meet and get to know each other before we go in September.

Feel free to post in here if you have heard back, or are still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    I HAVE! Hopefully going to be firming it as well!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!! So just stumbled across this thread, and thought I'd join
    I got my offer last week which I'm psyched about (: (: I must have been in shock for about a week; it was literally agony waiting to hear back. I've just firmed it too so I'm definitely going !!!

Has anyone applied yet for accommodation? I really have no idea how to choose and I feel like I'm stressing out about it waaay more than I should be doing hahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clporter23)
    Hey!!! So just stumbled across this thread, and thought I'd join
    I got my offer last week which I'm psyched about (: (: I must have been in shock for about a week; it was literally agony waiting to hear back. I've just firmed it too so I'm definitely going !!!

Has anyone applied yet for accommodation? I really have no idea how to choose and I feel like I'm stressing out about it waaay more than I should be doing hahah
    Hey, I've applied for St peters court and Raleigh park, just because i wanted to go self catered and be near to jubilee, but really it depends on what you want out of your accommodation.

What sort of things do you like to write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarellios)
    Hey, I've applied for St peters court and Raleigh park, just because i wanted to go self catered and be near to jubilee, but really it depends on what you want out of your accommodation.

What sort of things do you like to write?

Yeah I mean I feel like self-catering would be good because it should widen my variety of dishes I can already cook (like toast..and pasta..). But thanks!! I'll check those out because to be honest I didn't even know the names of most of the halls

Ummm I'm pretty open to most things - but definitely fiction-y type writing. I do a lot of short stories or little babble things hahah. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I write quite a wide variety of stuff. Mainly fiction and screenplays, but I've dabbled in songs and short stories as well.

I'm way too excited for September, can't wait to start

ReputationRep:
    I've only just got my date for my interview. I'm ****ting myself! If I get an offer I'm firming it right away! I waited ages, I thought they had forgotten about me ahahaha. I just want to get an offer quick so I can apply for accommodation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nabilla)
    I've only just got my date for my interview. I'm ****ting myself! If I get an offer I'm firming it right away! I waited ages, I thought they had forgotten about me ahahaha. I just want to get an offer quick so I can apply for accommodation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry about the interview too much; just be positive and passionate and they won't have any reason not to give you a place

ReputationRep:
    hey guys! i just firmed my offer today I can't tell you how thrilled i was to get the offer. anyway, i sent a request for accommodation today so i'll just have to see what they get back to me with

ReputationRep:
    Hi I just stumbled on this thread doing a little digging and decided to throw my 5 cents in the lot. I'm an international student (American) and just firmed my offer for Nottingham today, post-grad creative writing. My work is largely long-form fiction, short stories, and plawriting (for live performance, of course ), though I've "dabbled" in poetry and screenwriting as well. So psyched and I'm lookin' forward to meeting everyone there!

ReputationRep:
    I was just reading through the course modules and majority of them sound really interesting. I am really excited now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nabilla)
    I was just reading through the course modules and majority of them sound really interesting. I am really excited now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most of the modules do sound awesome. I also love the fact that we have no exams

ReputationRep:
    Most of the modules do sound awesome. I also love the fact that we have no exams
    Yeah I love that! First time doing a course with no exams, woooop!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to say good luck to everyone for their exams

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Just a quick question - does anyone know if we'll be needing laptops for this course and if we do, what type?

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed my offer and I've got my accommodation at St Peters Court sorted
    I'm so excited for September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by accioleigh)
    I've firmed my offer and I've got my accommodation at St Peters Court sorted
    I'm so excited for September
    Same

I can't wait to meet everyone :P Btw what block are you in at SPC? I got Block A

ReputationRep:
    Same

I can't wait to meet everyone :P Btw what block are you in at SPC? I got Block A
    I'm Block E

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting really excited for this course! Only a couple more weeks until we find out, guys! (except those who already have grades. I'm looking at you, Tim!)

I'm in Block M, if any of you know anyone there?

ReputationRep:
    Just a thread so that everyone can meet and get to know each other before we go in September.

Feel free to post in here if you have heard back, or are still waiting.
    Hey!

I am intending to study English (Q300) at the University of Nottingham!

I am continuing with the subjects of: English Literature, Sociology, and Philosophy, in A2 - I achieved the grades AAC for these! Most importantly an A in English - thank God! :')

I know the offers for my course at the uni range from: AAA-AAB - and I am hoping to be predicted somewhere in the region of: A*A*B - A*AB - so I was wondering, along with a strong personal statement and reference, do you think i'd have a chance at being given a conditional offer?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.