Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    hi in starting uni this year and i will be studying architecture.
    im looking into getting either laptop, ultrabook or tablet.
    the things that are important to me are thin (easy to carry), fast and reliable.
    im not into video gaming or watching videos on laptop at all!
    my budget is around £200-£350 so id be happy if you could guide me in the right direction
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/407067-lenovo-...laptop-maagpuk

Pretty good spec for under £350.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homayoun)
    hi in starting uni this year and i will be studying architecture.
    im looking into getting either laptop, ultrabook or tablet.
    the things that are important to me are thin (easy to carry), fast and reliable.
    im not into video gaming or watching videos on laptop at all!
    my budget is around £200-£350 so id be happy if you could guide me in the right direction
    I should say, that for architecture, the specs you'll be getting aren't ideal at all to be honest especially if you plan on doing your work on it, as you need to use some cpu and ram intensive programs and it won't as fast as your peers or the computers the uni provides in your department. Suggest saving up and buying in the summer before your course starts.

(Original post by Gofre)
    http://www.ebuyer.com/407067-lenovo-...laptop-maagpuk

Pretty good spec for under £350.
    Out of stock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    I should say, that for architecture, the specs you'll be getting aren't ideal at all to be honest especially if you plan on doing your work on it, as you need to use some cpu and ram intensive programs and it won't as fast as your peers or the computers the uni provides in your department. Suggest saving up and buying in the summer before your course starts.

Out of stock
    hmm ur probably right.
    so what do you suggest so how much am i looking at? and what laptop/ultrabook do you suggest would be ideal for me and the course?

thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homayoun)
    hmm ur probably right.
    so what do you suggest so how much am i looking at? and what laptop/ultrabook do you suggest would be ideal for me and the course?

thanks a lot
    Well considering that your course is about 6 years long, I wouldn't be too sure as technology does change..............but currently speaking and ideally you need an i7 quadcore version on the laptop, along with at least 8gb of ram, with a lot of storage space as files can get large, and with a decent graphics card for 3d modelling.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.