ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Somebody who is:

-Quiet
    -Shy
    -Nice person
    -Not shallow
    -Very introverted

I can't find ANY boys like this, do they exist? (Yes, I was inspired by that other thread).

This would be my dream guy... sigh.
    Well here I am But seriously I do possess those qualities plus I'm cute/good looking so girls are suprised to meet a guy like myself.

Don't worry OP you will find that guy one day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reissekm)
    Well here I am But seriously I do possess those qualities.
    People keep calling them "qualities", but being shy and quiet is not a quality. I am both myself before anyone has a go, maybe not to the same extent as some of the people on here though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McFlury)
    People keep calling them "qualities", but being shy and quiet is not a quality. I am both myself before anyone has a go, maybe not to the same extent as some of the people on here though.
    Yeah maybe qualities isn't the right word, more personality traits? Not sure.

ReputationRep:
    Somebody who is:

-Quiet
    -Shy
    -Nice person
    -Not shallow
    -Very introverted

I can't find ANY boys like this, do they exist? (Yes, I was inspired by that other thread).

Yes.

Check your friendzone.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Somebody who is:

-Quiet
    -Shy
    -Nice person
    -Not shallow
    -Very introverted

Yes there are...
    Although like other guys I wont recommend myself, I want to build my career first and then look for a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pessimist)
    I think it's rather evident that just because people have those characteristics, it doesn't mean that they can't be all of the things you mentioned when comfortable around someone...

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by McFlury)
    I think you're wrong, as I'd say I fit that criteria but it is mainly with new people, once you feel more comfortable it's fine.

Because ... I myself am very quiet and introverted, and I need someone the same. Sure, it would be nice to have someone who was chatty and all that you said, but frankly I can't attract people like that. I just want someone like me, someone on the same wavelength who I wouldn't have to pretend with.
    That's fair. Totally understand that everyone is different and comfortable around different types of people. I'm quite outgoing and so prefer a girl who's bubbly, chatty and lively!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fat_hobbit)
    Like if girls never approach guys. If the girl has the hots for the guy, she finds a way to chat to him. Seen it happen so many times, and it has happened to me a few times.
    If they are shy an introverted then perhaps are not as noticeable and their personality does not shine through. I personally could not have the 'hots' for someone I have never heard speak.

ReputationRep:
    This is me. With the exception of being shy. I'd say I'm more of not wanting to talk first.

ReputationRep:
    Of course they exist! There are loads of shy boys around just like there are loads of shy girls around, you may be looking in the right place it's just that they normally get overshadowed by others. Anyway in general these people don't talk to girls or if they do they wont ask them out. Why? you ask, well they're shy by definition they're hardly gonna be confident with the opposite sex.

If you do find one of these boys don't expect them to ask you out. Even if you do the normal things (what ever that actually means). They wont ask you out, they aren't going to take the lead.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    And sadly, that's because those boys are going after the pretty girls. I would NEVER reject someone like I described, I would probably faint of shock that they liked me.
    Even if they were a serial killer? Never say never.

Because I have those qualities myself and know that it's the type of boy I'd get on with.
    But surely if you're both shy and introverted, you'd never have anything to talk about. And no one would make the first move. Or the first kiss. Or the first anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah_22_16)
    If they are shy an introverted then perhaps are not as noticeable and their personality does not shine through. I personally could not have the 'hots' for someone I have never heard speak.
    Not even if you are physically attracted to them?

With other girls - when I have been in this situation and they approach me, it's because they are intrigued and want to get to know me.

I am sure this is the case for many other guys that this has happened too as well.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want that? DEM BOYZ DON'T GET OUT THE HOUSE AND DEY GOT NO MUSCLES INIT.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, like the dinosaurs they died out about a hundred years ago.

No, seriously, I'm actually one of them.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, they definitely exist, it's finding ones that don't complain about being friendzoned that's the trick. :lol: No, I've met guys like that and they've been very sweet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pessimist)
    Exactly my point. You're an example of what's wrong with our generation, in my eyes. Blatantly labelling a number of people in this thread as "hideous" just about concludes my opinions on you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    and you know what? I'm absolutely fine with that.

(Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    Even if they were a serial killer? Never say never.

But surely if you're both shy and introverted, you'd never have anything to talk about. And no one would make the first move. Or the first kiss. Or the first anything.
    Well no, obviously. But that's unlikely.

Yeah but, once you're friends with someone and you're comfortable with them, you get braver. I just can't find any suitable guys in the first place to even start thinking about what would happen next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enoxial)
    Yes there are...
    Although like other guys I wont recommend myself, I want to build my career first and then look for a relationship.
    haha I like it

(Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    Oh, they definitely exist, it's finding ones that don't complain about being friendzoned that's the trick. :lol: No, I've met guys like that and they've been very sweet.
    Gah, can we swap places then please, because I can't find a single guy like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astrtricks)
    Of course they exist! There are loads of shy boys around just like there are loads of shy girls around, you may be looking in the right place it's just that they normally get overshadowed by others. Anyway in general these people don't talk to girls or if they do they wont ask them out. Why? you ask, well they're shy by definition they're hardly gonna be confident with the opposite sex.

If you do find one of these boys don't expect them to ask you out. Even if you do the normal things (what ever that actually means). They wont ask you out, they aren't going to take the lead.
    Very true.

(Original post by Ultimate1)
    The irony is that the OP also expects the man to be the one who initiates initially and is the one leading on the date; characteristics not synonymous with 'shy' and 'quiet' guys.

Women logic right there for you.
    Well yeah, that would be ideal BUT, if the guy was shy and I knew or suspected that he liked me, I'd be MUCH more likely to do some leading myself. If that makes sense.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.