Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Do any boys like this exist? Watch

ReputationRep:
    HA.
    How are we suppose to know its not a dating website it's a student room?

ReputationRep:
    Now I've read the thread and realized that girls want confident, cool guys, I've decided to become one of them. Sorry my fellow shy guys, I have to leave you.

ReputationRep:
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

ReputationRep:
    When I read the OP I was sure it was a piss take of the "are there any girls like this anymore thread". That thread listed good things in a girl (if a bit unreasonable from the OP), this one is kind of the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QUANTAM)
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    12 wood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul M)
    Sorry my fellow shy guys, I have to leave you.
    Don't worry we won't miss you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reissekm)
    Don't worry we won't miss you.
    Fine then, I'll come back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McFlury)
    When I read the OP I was sure it was a piss take of the "are there any girls like this anymore thread". That thread listed good things in a girl (if a bit unreasonable from the OP), this one is kind of the opposite.
    I thought this when I read the title, but I thought it was going to be funny.

I was severely disappointed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by McFlury)
    Haha, but no. These are qualities I genuinely want in a boy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Gah, can we swap places then please, because I can't find a single guy like that.
    To be fair, most of them were so cripplingly shy it took a lot of effort to even get a sentence out of them, and the ones that do speak usually have girlfriends. I prefer extroverts myself.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, but no. These are qualities I genuinely want in a boy
    Well I really don't think these traits are in any way rare, maybe some guys have them more than others. As said if they are shy they will not let you know that you like them, so you have to chat with them and become friendly, then flirt a bit and see how they react.

ReputationRep:
    Somebody who is:

-Quiet
    -Shy
    -Nice person
    -Not shallow
    -Very introverted

I can't find ANY boys like this, do they exist? (Yes, I was inspired by that other thread).

This would be my dream guy... sigh.

yes but we are probably just "friends", while you go for your bad boys :/

(Original post by eliza.anne)
    I thought this when I read the title, but I thought it was going to be funny.

I was severely disappointed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, I'm sorry :dry: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul M)
    Fine then, I'll come back!
    Yeah you will back with a women on your arm showing her off to us shy guys haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    To be fair, most of them were so cripplingly shy it took a lot of effort to even get a sentence out of them, and the ones that do speak usually have girlfriends. I prefer extroverts myself.
    To me the cripplingly she ones are a different kind of person, I'd say I fit the OPs description but maybe I'm overstating how much I fit it?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I'm sorry :dry: :rolleyes:
    Hahaha. Heartfelt apology accepted. :rolleyes:

In response to your OP, I imagine it would be difficult to find guys like this - not because they aren't around, they are very much real. Just because they often stick to themselves and its hard to get them out of their shell.

ReputationRep:
    As in, they wouldn't consider a girl because she wasn't pretty enough for them.
    Are you... imsoacademic?

(Original post by Hummi_C)
    They do, sadly they're rejected by most girls who prefer the good-looking ******* type.
    (Original post by fat_hobbit)
    Yes - they are the boys that you've put in the friends zone.
    Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I don't believe 'passive-aggressive' was among the qualities listed.

(Original post by pessimist)
    People like you are why our generation purely revolves around how good looking someone is and not much more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Everything is about looks I'm pretty plain and not that nice to look at. Although, I was told once a few years ago that I have a nice smile... but that's not enough for boys these days! They want a pretty face or they're not interested.

(Original post by Profesh)
    Are you... imsoacademic?

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I don't believe 'passive-aggressive' was among the qualities listed.
    Haha, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Are you... imsoacademic?

Honestly, I dont really care. It's not like she is going to date me.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.