Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What should I do for my birthday? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be 19.

I can't have a particularly expensive party as my parents are paying for me to fly to Australia as my present, and I'm saving up for all the other parts of the travelling so neither of us have any money to hire out a hall or anything like that.

I'm not really into clubbing, and a lot of my friends aren't 18 yet and I want them to be included. I'm not allowed a house party, though I am allowed everyone to come round during the day.

I have done the same two things for my 17th and 18th (unimaginative I know, but it was so fun and with different people!) which was going to a 50s style diner restaurant and everyone dressed up in 50s clothes. I don't really want to go for another meal.

Please help!!:confused:

ReputationRep:
    You could have like a murder-mystery type party, that way the only expenses are costumes, which people can bring themselves.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Cinema, ice skating, bowling?

ReputationRep:
    A garden party with a selection of sandwiches followed by a game of Trivial Pursuit.

ReputationRep:
    There's this place near me called an adult play centre.. it's like one of those big squishy play places (not describing this well) but for adults, and they sell alcohol and stuff if you would want that. You can get a group of people there for only a couple of pounds each, if your friends are willing to pay for themselves?

If the weather is good you could also have a barbeque type thing, if youre into badminton or anything play a bit outside??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameliestia)
    There's this place near me called an adult play centre.. it's like one of those big squishy play places (not describing this well) but for adults...
    Ann Summers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    Ann Summers?
    Hahaha wow never going again now

Although that WOULD be a funny birthday party

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameliestia)
    There's this place near me called an adult play centre.. it's like one of those big squishy play places (not describing this well) but for adults, and they sell alcohol and stuff if you would want that. You can get a group of people there for only a couple of pounds each, if your friends are willing to pay for themselves?

If the weather is good you could also have a barbeque type thing, if youre into badminton or anything play a bit outside??
    Where is it and are there other branches? It sounds hilarious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    A garden party with a selection of sandwiches followed by a game of Trivial Pursuit.
    Tbh, that IS the kind of thing my group of friends would enjoy doing! We're quite unconventional. Last weekend we had a croquet tournament.

Poll
Do you prefer hot dogs or burgers?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.