The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Original post by LiquidGold
Geography
Maths
History
Further Maths <-- Absolutely horrific. Fine at AS, enjoyable, I was originally going to drop it at A2 but I did better than I expected and I actually enjoyed it a lot, so I decided to keep up at it. WORST DECISION. I absolutely HATED it at A2. I was on a reasonable A at AS but A2 has gone so terribly I'm having to hope for a miracle to get a B overall next month!

further maths A2 was great, stop scaring the kids! :wink: jk I know what you mean, it definitely steps up a gear in A2 and that's not for everyone. for me personally it made me switch on and pay attention more, but some of my friends just became utterly perplexed
Reply 701
Sociology
Law
French

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied Business (A*)
English Combined (A)
Philosophy and Ethics (A*)
Law (A*)

Offers from:
Cardiff: Business Management and Japanese (AAB)
Birmingham: Business Management (AAB)
Manchester: Business Management (AAB)
Kings College: Business Management (AAA) <--- ACCEPTED
I think none of my a levels were easy but from the point of what was the most challenging from least to most:

1) English Lit
2) History
3) Physics

Offers from Nottingham, Sheffield, Edinburgh, Sussex. withdrew with queen mary and Edinburgh when Nottingham offer came through

Firmed Nottingham with AAB offer to study English with the B being in pesky physics! I wish I took another essay subject because I know I would get 3 A's then.
(edited 10 years ago)
Geography
Chemistry
Maths
Physics

Applying to uni in October and I hope to study Chemistry at either Oxford or Durham. :smile:
Original post by LeeMrLee
I went to other places and the maths departments were great, but the campuses were so gloomy until I got to Nottingham so I thought I'll firm my place there...I didn't visit any of the unis until after I got my offers, so I could narrow it down then without travelling everywhere and missing college xD

I totally agree with this I was so set on going to Sussex until I visited the beautiful nottingham campus. Theres a sushi bar in a library! Just found that amazing for some reason :smile:
Reply 706
Original post by ladynova
I totally agree with this I was so set on going to Sussex until I visited the beautiful nottingham campus. Theres a sushi bar in a library! Just found that amazing for some reason :smile:

Haha I don't think I saw that...I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend all my time/money there now though xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths
Physics
Further Maths

Firmed Maths at Warwick, less than a month till results!
Reply 708
Economics, Physics, Maths, Chemistry. Chemistry is SO hard. Why did I do it? :stomp:

Applying to uni this Autumn for physics BSc
Reply 709
ICT
Geography
Chemistry
Biology
I went to other places and the maths departments were great, but the campuses were so gloomy until I got to Nottingham so I thought I'll firm my place there...I didn't visit any of the unis until after I got my offers, so I could narrow it down then without travelling everywhere and missing college xD

Oh wow, Notts really sounds good then. I haven't been to any open days at all. I've just picked the best unis I can go to without further maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 711
Original post by FlyHigh_er
Oh wow, Notts really sounds good then. I haven't been to any open days at all. I've just picked the best unis I can go to without further maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

all the unis still pick students who don't do further maths, they just give higher offers. but yeah I didn't go to open days until I got my offers back because I didn't want to go visit a place if I didn't have an offer, it's a waste of time and money

Posted from TSR Mobile
all the unis still pick students who don't do further maths, they just give higher offers. but yeah I didn't go to open days until I got my offers back because I didn't want to go visit a place if I didn't have an offer, it's a waste of time and money

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some unis say that further maths is required, they're not a lot though, like Oxbridge Durham and imperial. Then some say you have to do step/AEA. I'm still considering those. But yeah same, I didn't want to love one uni and then not get in...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 713
Some unis say that further maths is required, they're not a lot though, like Oxbridge Durham and imperial. Then some say you have to do step/AEA. I'm still considering those. But yeah same, I didn't want to love one uni and then not get in...

Posted from TSR Mobile

they only say FM is required if you have the option, obviously some people can't do FM because their school doesn't have the resources for it but Oxbridge etc aren't gonna turn down a bright person. they take it into account... although you have to do a lot of work over summer to get up to scratch

Posted from TSR Mobile
they only say FM is required if you have the option, obviously some people can't do FM because their school doesn't have the resources for it but Oxbridge etc aren't gonna turn down a bright person. they take it into account... although you have to do a lot of work over summer to get up to scratch

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know that, but my school offers the full FM a level, I didn't take it because I didn't love maths until about November, but by then it was too late :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 715
Yeah I know that, but my school offers the full FM a level, I didn't take it because I didn't love maths until about November, but by then it was too late :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah I see. if you're keen you could probably teach yourself some modules over summer and then do the FM AS next year?
French
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Sociology
English Lit
Spanish - languages are really rather demanding!

Applied for Sociology at Cardiff, Exeter(wanted AAB) and Surrey (wanted ABB)
Applied for Sociology and Politics at Oxford Brookes

Chose CARDIFF as my Firm choice (need BBB) and Oxford Brookes as Insurance (need BBC). Waiting for results day now - not long to go!! :biggrin:
ah I see. if you're keen you could probably teach yourself some modules over summer and then do the FM AS next year?

I was thinking of doing the whole A level in one year? Is it possible, along with A2 maths. Or I was thinking of doing STEP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 719
Biology
Chemistry
Physics

Firmed veterinary medicine at the Royal Veterinary College, currently terrified for results day!

Latest