Psychology
    Geography
    Got all offers to study psychology, firmed Manchester

ReputationRep:
    Math, geography, chemistry, Physics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlyHigh_er)
    I was thinking of doing the whole A level in one year? Is it possible, along with A2 maths. Or I was thinking of doing STEP

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah it is possible, my friend did C1,2 and D1 in year 12, then over summer he did c3,4 s1, m1 and then in autumn he learnt fp1 m2 s2 and then went on to do fp2 s3 in the final term. he's on target for an A in both. what modules did you just do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maths
    FMaths
    Music
    English
    Greek

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry
    Maths
    Physics

Offers from: Leicester, Leeds, Edinburgh, Manchester and Lancaster for Geology/Earth Sciences
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeMrLee)
    yeah it is possible, my friend did C1,2 and D1 in year 12, then over summer he did c3,4 s1, m1 and then in autumn he learnt fp1 m2 s2 and then went on to do fp2 s3 in the final term. he's on target for an A in both. what modules did you just do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did c1 c2 s1, we are gonna do c3 c4 and d1 for A2, but the fm class did that for their AS fm so I would have to do something different for all my fm modules and do what they are doing for their A2 fm. A bit confusing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Easiest - I.T.
    Middle - Law
    Hardest - Ancient History

I got offers from Brighton, Coventry, Liverpool, Aston, and Essex for Marketing.

ReputationRep:
    Economics
    Business studies
    Geography

UWE- Bristol- property investment and management
    Bolton- building surveying and property management.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I see, they didn't do their AS FM, they did their A2 single maths. so that means this year they will FP1 M1 FP2/3 and 3 more applieds with a minimum total of 6.

I would recommend doing C3 and 4 over the summer and then start M1/FP1 as they are fundamental to progressing into m2 and fp2. d1 is a standalone module and you could probably learn it in 2 weeks but if you do it too early you might forget everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I see, they didn't do their AS FM, they did their A2 single maths. so that means this year they will FP1 M1 FP2/3 and 3 more applieds with a minimum total of 6.

I would recommend doing C3 and 4 over the summer and then start M1/FP1 as they are fundamental to progressing into m2 and fp2. d1 is a standalone module and you could probably learn it in 2 weeks but if you do it too early you might forget everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No they did do their AS fm, it's just that they did M1 and D1 and fp1 but for A2 maths, anyone that doesn't do further mats will do D1 with c3&4 and the fm boys are in a separate class

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Easiest to hardest:

Law
    History (only because I'm pretty decent at it)
    Economics
    English Lang & Lit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No they did do their AS fm, it's just that they did M1 and D1 and fp1 but for A2 maths, anyone that doesn't do further mats will do D1 with c3&4 and the fm boys are in a separate class

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah I see now, well in that case if I were you, I'd self teach fp1 and m1, they're the most important because you need them to start fp2 and m2. if you complete them over the summer and talk to your teacher then maybe you will be able to be moved into a FM class. nothing apart from D2 depends on D1 so you should be fine in doing D1 later on in your own time
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    ah I see now, well in that case if I were you, I'd self teach fp1 and m1, they're the most important because you need them to start fp2 and m2. if you complete them over the summer and talk to your teacher then maybe you will be able to be moved into a FM class. nothing apart from D2 depends on D1 so you should be fine in doing D1 later on in your own time
    Thank you for your advice maybe doing STEP would be better?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your advice maybe doing STEP would be better?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    all the people that I have known to do step have practiced it for a good solid year or more. STEP I questions have a selection of questions that require C1-4 knowledge and the applied questions require M1-2 and S1-2 knowledge, so in order to prepare well for it I would say you will have a hard time. I think taking AS FM would be easiest (so FP1 and two applied modules), then the A2 FM would be second easiest, and STEP would be hardest. unless you already know some of the content that's on the step syllabus (eg integration/differentiation)
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    all the people that I have known to do step have practiced it for a good solid year or more. STEP I questions have a selection of questions that require C1-4 knowledge and the applied questions require M1-2 and S1-2 knowledge, so in order to prepare well for it I would say you will have a hard time. I think taking AS FM would be easiest (so FP1 and two applied modules), then the A2 FM would be second easiest, and STEP would be hardest. unless you already know some of the content that's on the step syllabus (eg integration/differentiation)
    Okay thanks a lot! I'll take some time to think about what I want to do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1) Business
    2) Maths
    3) ICT --> **** was so ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy and ethics
    Geography
    History
    English

ReputationRep:
    Religious Studies
    English Literature
    Chemistry
    Biology

ReputationRep:
    Economics
    Politics
    Maths
    Physics

ReputationRep:
    Music
    Maths
    Physics
    Further Maths

However I'm hoping for A*'s in music and maths, if I don't get them I will no longer consider them so easy and as I practice harder than just for the A level music for piano, the practice time is the hardest thing I do. I find it easier staring at a blank page thinking of how to tackle a problem than sitting on a piano stool desperately repeating the same bar slowly with one hand and trying to make my upper arms relax it's the most frustrating problem in the world for me!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.