The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Biology
Maths
Physics
Further Maths
Chemistry

Funnily enough, I found chemistry to be the most enjoyable.
Reply 741
Sociology
Physics
Maths
English Lit

Apparently i take to literature like a boulder takes to swimming!
Sociology
Accounting
Law
Maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sociology (enjoyed it the least tho!)
Chemistry
Maths
Biology.

University of Bradford. Optometry. :smile:
Reply 744
Maths
Chemistry
Further Maths
Biology

(A2)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 745
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Physics

(AS)
Reply 746
Product design
Physics
Maths
Further maths
Chemistry (dropping after AS)
Economics
Politics
History
Maths
Reply 748
1. Geography
2. English lang and lit
3. Psychology
4. ICT
Reply 749
English literature
Business studies
History

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PARM1
Wow, very nice! :wink: My dream is to do medicine at Oxford (or any good medical school for that matter) and I'm contemplating whether to Chem, Bio, Maths + Physics or Spanish for my AS. I think i would be more comfortable doing Physics, but I don't know whether it would put me at a disadvantaged due to the lack of variety in my choices. Furthermore, i feel that spanish would be the only subject out of the sciences that i would have any chance at as I am not very good at english (i got B's in GCSE lang and lit) and I didn't choose geog or history as my options for my gcse's so i wouldn't do to well in those subjects. In GCSE spanish i think i will get an A*, however, u don't really need to be good at spanish to do well in spanish for GCSE.

So, my 1st question to you is, how hard did u find spanish and how did u revise to do well in it? and my 2nd question is, do u think i would be better off doing the subjects I listed +Physics (as i am more comfortable with it) or +Spanish (as it will increase the variety of my subjects and i think i might be capable of doing well in it...maybe =S)?

I know this may seem out of the blue and u don't have to reply if u don't want to, but your feedback would be highly beneficial =D

As far as I know, the only place that want variety in your choices is UCL. Everywhere else won't care so I'd go for Physics if you're more confident in it. I found Spanish about as hard as I found my other subjects. I hated it though and knew I wanted to drop it so I revised twice as hard for it so I wouldn't have to retake it
French
German
Spanish

Applied for Chinese and firmed Leeds. :smile:
Easiest to hardest:
French
Psychology
English Literature

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 753
English Lit
History
F.Maths
>:frown:
Business
Maths
English literature
Biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
English Literature
Chemistry
Maths
Biology
Tbh they were all hard ngl :frown:
AS -
Sociology (took this up in my A2 year, such an easy subject for me)
Government and Politics

A2 -
English Language
Media Studies (though this is only harder than English because of how much research the coursework took)
Psychology

Psychology G543 is pure, unadulterated torture :'(
Hardest
Maths
English Lang+ Lit
Biology is easy, just a hell of a lot of detail to learn.. but it isn't very difficult stuff
Media is the easiest to get a good grade, but you have to bloody well put the work in for the cwk, for me it was worth it, predicted A*
Reply 759
Computing
French
Maths

Latest