Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artisha)
    as it says above

and if you have received offers from universities, please mention from where and course you applied to!
    1. German - There is so much to learn, and not enough time to so everything during AS, so you end up resitting.
    2. History - A lot to learn, and it can all go wrong so easily.
    3. Business Studies. - Easy, but I hate the subject so studying feels like a chore, unlike the other two which I love.

Nb; At my College we are encouraged to drop an AS to help us concentrate on getting 3 very good A levels.

I've applied to study History and received offers from;

1. The University of Leeds - AAA
    2. The University of Newcastle - AAA
    3. The University of Hull - 300 UCAS points
    4. Huddersfield University - 320-360 UCAS points.
    5. York St John University - 280 UCAS points

ReputationRep:
    Maths
    Geography
    Chemistry
    Biology

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 12 and next year hope to do: Maths, Business Studies, Home Economics and Religious Studies. Good or bad mistake? Please help.

(Original post by ilovemovies2)
    I'm in year 12 and next year hope to do: Maths, Business Studies, Home Economics and Religious Studies. Good or bad mistake? Please help.
    What're you planning on doing in the future? Career? Degree? Considering most universities only consider 3 of your A-Levels, are you sure you want to do 4 A2s?

ReputationRep:
    Sociology
    Psychology
    History

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sierraoneseven)
    What're you planning on doing in the future? Career? Degree? Considering most universities only consider 3 of your A-Levels, are you sure you want to do 4 A2s?
    I was thinking about doing a degree in accounting as I love Maths and Business Studies. I got an A* in my first unit of business studies and an A* in maths last year and my other exams are in June with the rest as I'm only in GCSE. Sorry I wasn't clear earlier, those are my choices for AS level and I'll probably drop one before A2. Are these subjects enjoyable and helpful for my career path?

I was thinking about doing a degree in accounting as I love Maths and Business Studies. I got an A* in my first unit of business studies and an A* in maths last year and my other exams are in June with the rest as I'm only in GCSE. Sorry I wasn't clear earlier, those are my choices for AS level and I'll probably drop one before A2. Are these subjects enjoyable and helpful for my career path?
    Is the Religious Studies a subject you enjoy, then? I don't do accounting myself, so it might be worth taking a look at different universities that offer accounting and seeing what they favour! ICT might be a useful subject, but it depends on what kind of accounting you want to do But yeah, the best way to plan ahead is to see what you need for your degree!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sierraoneseven)
    Is the Religious Studies a subject you enjoy, then? I don't do accounting myself, so it might be worth taking a look at different universities that offer accounting and seeing what they favour! ICT might be a useful subject, but it depends on what kind of accounting you want to do But yeah, the best way to plan ahead is to see what you need for your degree!
    Religious Studies is one of my favourite subjects but I was wondering if History would be better although I'm not as good at it but still can get an A or B. I've researched many sites and they all just require Maths and some suggest an essay based subject. I HATE ict and I don't do it for GCSE although my school allows us to pick it up at AS and A2 level without gcse I don't think it will be a great choice. Thanks you've been great help!

ReputationRep:
    Maths
    RE
    Biology
    Chemistry

Religious Studies is one of my favourite subjects but I was wondering if History would be better although I'm not as good at it but still can get an A or B. I've researched many sites and they all just require Maths and some suggest an essay based subject. I HATE ict and I don't do it for GCSE although my school allows us to pick it up at AS and A2 level without gcse I don't think it will be a great choice. Thanks you've been great help!
    If you need an essay-based subject, I'd recommend RS then! History is really heavy-going if you're not passionate about it, and most of the AS History courses for AQA revolve a lot around politics. No problem, glad to help

ReputationRep:
    Easiest - Geography
    Maths
    History

ReputationRep:
    (Politics)
    Chemistry
    Maths
    Physics

Offers from Sheffield (1st choice), Nottingham, Edinburgh and St.Andrews. Waiting on Bristol.
    To do a MChem

ReputationRep:
    Geography
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Maths

(Coursework for Chemistry Salters OCR is a huge task!)

Offers from Bath, Bristol, Imperial College London and Durham to study Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    German (AS)
    French (AS)
    Art (AS)
    History
    English Literature
    Sociology

I really didn't find History that difficult at all, it was my only A*. Got a B in AS Art, the others are all As. Still waiting for Sociology... This is all CIE board, by the way, if it makes a difference.

ReputationRep:
    Fine Art AS & A2
    German AS & A2
    English AS
    History AS & A2
    (Hardest v Easiest ^)

Offers from Exeter, Southampton, Birmingham, Cardiff and Oxford Brookes to do History

I got an A in history at AS, but I'd still definitely consider it the hardest subject, especially this year with coursework, and we have to revise stuff from 1792 - 1945, which is a massive period to remember loads of details from!!

However, I would really recommend it, it is a very interesting course, especially with good teachers

ReputationRep:
    1. Graphics
    2. History/English Lit
    3. Maths

Offers for English at:
    Loughborough
    East Anglia
    Southampton
    Kent

ReputationRep:
    Religious Studies (I love the essay writing & I'm the best in my class )
    Sociology
    Music Technology (According to our teacher, hardest subject to get an A in in England & Wales)
    Psychology (Really stressing me out right now, you have to have such precision with answers and my mock just proved that /

ReputationRep:
    - Product Design (Never continued to A2 as I did the AS Product Design while at secondary and my college didn't do Product Design :P)
    - Biology
    - Chemistry
    - Maths
    - Physics (Dropped after AS - I was very close to an A but the maintenance it took to get a good grade was waaaay too much to keep up and it was affecting my other subjects haha xD)

Ended up getting offers from Manchester, Cardiff, Aberdeen, Keele and UCLan for Biomedical Science with a PTY (Cardiff was for Biomed (Neuroscience) and Aberdeen was for Biomed (Anatomy)) but was previously unable to get into Medicine the year before (although I did get an interview at Manchester)

Good luck to anyone doing their A levels!! :3

ReputationRep:
    First year at uni of sheffield (aerospace engineering)

Computing - A
    Maths - A*
    Physics - A
    Chemsitry - B <--- This was about 20 times harder than the above three.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kangarooblue)
    Psychology
    Biology
    Chemistry
    English lit

Medicine offers from plymouth and keele
    Biomedical sciences with medical microbiology offer from Newcastle
    I do the same subjects and totally agree on the order!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.