Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    English Language & Literature
    Geography
    Biology
    Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Is it better to take business studie or economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iceprincess)
    Is it better to take business studie or economics?
    Depends what you want to study uni, and/or what job you would like after A Levels!

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,
    I want to do an economics degree in the future. For a levels, am definitely taking maths and economics and probably politics too as it merges with economics really well. I'm looking to do a degree in economics where the course looks more at world issues rather than just looking at graphs.
    My question is, along with maths, economics and politics, what other a levels do you think I should take?
    I can choose a maximum of five however I'd prefer to do four but if you come up with a combination of subjects that suits five a levels, please do reply!
    Also, is chemistry a levels hard? And what about physics?
    Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maths
    Biology
    Physics
    Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    In ascending order of difficulty:
    1) Maths (w/ Further)
    2) Biology
    3) Physics
    4) Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m0hd_J)
    Hey all,
    I want to do an economics degree in the future. For a levels, am definitely taking maths and economics and probably politics too as it merges with economics really well. I'm looking to do a degree in economics where the course looks more at world issues rather than just looking at graphs.
    My question is, along with maths, economics and politics, what other a levels do you think I should take?
    I can choose a maximum of five however I'd prefer to do four but if you come up with a combination of subjects that suits five a levels, please do reply!
    Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It would be a good idea to take further maths as it complements the subjects you are taking well and it may help with your future career when it comes to choosing unis.

otherwise, you could possibly take physics- to keep your career choices open and also to give you some change of mind to the other subject as it is more sciency.

Personally, I am not enjoying physics but that should not put you off. It depends on what you like and what you can cope with.

With chemistry, my opinions might differ to that of other peoples. I'm finding chemistry thoroughly enjoyable (ignore the fact that i sound like a nerd there ). It is majorly different to gcse chem because you go in to alot more detail in terms of atoms. There's a lot to learn but if you enjoy it then you should be fine.

Also, with the subjects your planning to take its worth looking in to each subject quite thoroughly, to make sure you like the course and the board. And if you've looked at the syllabus beforehand it will help you later on in the year.

hope you found that helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artisha)
    as it says above

and if you have received offers from universities, please mention from where and course you applied to!
    Gov and politics (did it last yr at AS)
    psychology
    sociology (somehow?)
    and.....
    business - hardly even have the time to revise for it

ReputationRep:
    Religious Studies
    English Language
    Latin
    Greek

ReputationRep:
    My order changes quite frequently but atm it is:

English Lit
    English Language
    Media Studies

I know a lot of people seem to think media is easy (most of whom i'm assuming have never done it at a-level) but i'm really struggling with the theory side of the course!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,
    Cheers

posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey.
    I have a unconditional for Economics at Aberystwyth in September. I'd probably recommend history, when I spoke to the professors at Aber they told me they valued it as it gives you an insight into the historical context of economic issues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geena-)
    Hey.
    I have a unconditional for Economics at Aberystwyth in September. I'd probably recommend history, when I spoke to the professors at Aber they told me they valued it as it gives you an insight into the historical context of economic issues
    Thanks.
    Would you say English Lit is useful for economics? I'm torn because it doesn't relate to economics and helps you develop similar skills other subject do ie history.
    What do you think about this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    German
    History
    English Lit

German is difficult but worth it!

ReputationRep:
    Environmental Studies
    EPQ
    Health & Social Care
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics

BBC offer from Exeter for Diagnostic Radiography

ReputationRep:
    Media
    English Lit
    Drama (yes really; I have a teacher prone to giving vague feedback plus it's not the doss subject people assume)

ReputationRep:
    English lit and lang
    Geography
    History

Firmed dmu for ld nursing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.
    Would you say English Lit is useful for economics? I'm torn because it doesn't relate to economics and helps you develop similar skills other subject do ie history.
    What do you think about this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Coincidently I also do English Lit! It's helped me out as it develops your analytical skills, but both history and english lit are very essay based subjects, if you can cope with that workload I'd say go for it and do something like Economics, History, Maths, Further Math/English Lit.

ReputationRep:
    Geography,
    Physics,
    Mathematics,
    Chemistry.

Chemistry could be so much easier, sadly I just got unlucky and ended up getting two new teachers (as in first year of teaching, ever) who don't really have the best idea on how to teach me...

ReputationRep:
    Physics
    Maths
    Chemistry
    Further Maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Biology
    Economics
    Maths
    Chemistry

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.