The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Easiest - Psychology, Biology, Chemistry and History (tied) - Hardest
Original post by Melon girl
Sociology (easiest thing I've ever done or seen, easier than my GCSEs)
Politics (so easy)

Then
Chemistry
Psychology
Maths
Physics
Biology

I ask myself, why did I do so many A-Levels. I'm in my final year and it sucks.

Exactly how are you still living and breathing? :redface:
Sociology

English
History / Philosophy

Why is Sociology even an A-Level? Why would anybody every be recommended Sociology? WHY??
Original post by tomfailinghelp
Sociology

English
History / Philosophy

Why is Sociology even an A-Level? Why would anybody every be recommended Sociology? WHY??

It's too easy.

Original post by JustBeing
Exactly how are you still living and breathing? :redface:

I am honestly struggling to cope with the Sciences ATM, somehow predicted to get A*A*A*AAA(a).
Biology
Economics
Maths
Chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
English Lit
Geography
Biology

Ironically, I'm doing worst in English
Predicted grade alongside to measure up:

Psychology (A)
Sociology (A)
English Language (B)
English Literature (B, but I'd more than happy with a C)

As a subject, sociology would probably be first but the exams are sometimes difficult depending on the content because of the timing and the fact you have to write 2 or more long essay questions within the exam. I got close to full marks in my year 11 GCSE exam and just inside the A* bracket for my year 10 exams so I'm fine with the knowledge, it's just my A depends on whether I managed to write enough in the time. I usually focus on the first 24 marker in unit 1, do well on that (judging by my mocks) and that means the second one is compromised. In unit 2 there's luckily more time and more short questions so I usually make up more time for the essays by not spending that long on the low mark questions as they're easy. I just find psychology a doddle personally, 12 mark questions only take around 10 minutes and there was only one of those in unit 1, it's just knowing the stuff and I revise plus I have a good memory so I'm fine!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by GeogBerry
English Lit
Geography
Biology

Ironically, I'm doing worst in English

That is not a contradtiction at all. I'm good in German, but worse in German literature. Just to name an example by myself. :wink:
History
French
English lit
Chemistry

To be honest it switches between the too three. All I know is that chemistry is torturous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
History
Chemistry
Biology
English Lit
At the start of the year it was probably:

Maths
English
Biology
Music

But right now in the midst of exams it's:

Maths
Music
Biology
English
Reply 1331
1) Philosophy & Ethics purely because I have to memorise a 50 mark essay for my exam next Friday because I didn't listen in lessons... I'm testament to just learning throughout the year to minimise levels of revision!)
2) Psychology
3) Business
4) Economics

I don't find any of my subjects particularly tasking... apart from psychology, there's a 1000 case studies to remember :P (though that doesn't make it difficult, just arduous to learn)
Reply 1332
English lit
Philosophy & ethics
Geography
Sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Doing ASs)
From easiest to hardest:

Maths, Chemistry, Physics + Biology the same, though maybe Physics before biology because the mark scheme is less of a bitch.

Maths I hardly put any time into at all, I only do past papers as revision. Chemistry is just a little bit harder than maths, I find I grasp the concepts quickly so most of my revision is aimed at factual recall rather than working on the understanding. Physics a little more difficult and actually spent so much more time on it than the previous two, similar to Biology.

But to be frank, I don't find any of my subjects terribly difficult.
Geography
Business
ICT
EPQ
Reply 1335
Health and social care
Physical education
Sociology. :/
Psychology
Economics
Biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doing scottish highers but taking part :smile:. Easiest to hardest: Biology, maths, computing science, physical education, English..!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Economics
Maths
Geography !!
(Lastly, Biology.... but I think for me it was mainly because I found biology tedious at a level)
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Music

Would estimate I've done more work on Music outside of school than for the other three subjects combined, even though it's an art and some people may view it as soft it is by far the hardest subject I take.