Turn on thread page Beta

Can I change my course? watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hey guys,

    I'm having a problem: I applied to Goldsmiths for Social & Cultural Studies and I got offered a place.
    Goldsmiths is my first choice, the other Colleges I applied to are CSM and LCC.
    However, after having reflected on the Goldsmiths Course and my choices I realised that I would like to focus on art, rather than culture in a wider context. So I'd like to change my course to History of Art.

    Do you think that's possible? Can they withdraw my offer for Cultural studies if I ask them whether I can change it?

    I'm really desperate.


    If you want to change your application to a different course but at the same institution, it is possible to do that. But you will have to contact their undergraduate admissions department directly to ask about that, as it will depend on whether there is any places left.

    I don't think your application for the current course would be withdrawn or be at risk of being withdrawn. If you are able to successfully get a place for the Art History course and accept that place, then of course it would be withdrawn automatically.
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.