The Student Room Group

Taking AS Religious Studies in year 11

Our school has offered us the choice to take AS Religious Studies at Foundation. The exam board would be Edexcel. I'm thinking about doing it but I'm not sure if it would be the best option with other studies coming up. My main question is, do universities desire you for taking one AS level early or do they not really care about it? Would you recommend me doing so? Thank you very much! :smile:
Reply 1
Maybe someone who has taken this course already can suggest what to do? :smile:
Reply 2
It looks good to have one early. It also means less worry for you in sixth form as you'll already have an AS :smile:, I did AS History in year 11 and did the A-Level in year 12. I did AS RS last year, and although I did a different exam board I know they're similar. It requires quite a bit of revision but it is definitely worth it!
Reply 3
Thank you! :smile: I was worried about the revision as I have triple science to concentrate on which is really hard work for me, but may as well give it a go. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by YanaIguana
Thank you! :smile: I was worried about the revision as I have triple science to concentrate on which is really hard work for me, but may as well give it a go. :smile:

I did triple science whilst doing History AS and they are similar learning paths, history and RS. Make sure to plan your time wisely and don't panic about the exam! Although it will be a lot different to what you've previously done :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest