Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, I recently got back my result for my January module for Unit 1, and frustratingly it was lower than I hoped for. Its my own fault, I knew I wasnt doing enough work at the time but procrastination got the better of me. I got 73 UMS which is a B - the grade boundaries being 80 UMS for an A and decreasing by 10 each grade. But I heard thats only 3 marks off an A

Anyway, I'm really hoping for an A overall, and I was wondering if I should retake this module at the same time as I have my Unit 2 (and other AS levels) and attempt to get a better grade in it, or try to bring up my overall grade by focusing mainly on Unit 2 and my practical. I'm a bit worried I wont be able to put in the desired amount of work for Unit 2 if I retake as I will have 2 to worry about. So yeah, I would love to take this next year even if it isn't my strong point as I love biology. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    if you got 73/100 and didn't do that much revision then you're obviously very good at Biology considering how difficult the paper was if you do enough for the summer you'll do even better.I did loads of revision including all past papers and did way worse than you in this module i was very shocked when I got my result. If you're worried about having more than one exam to revise just remember: 1. revising for the retake should be easier the 2nd time as you've revised it one before
    2. the unit 2 module as later than the unit 1 retake.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.