Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Please help, I start my nursing degree in April this year and I'm struggling to get a loan as I have already completed one degree in 2009. I have worked and earns independently from my parents full for at least the last three years and going back into education will result in a loss of earnings which I need to live on. Is there any kind of funding I can apply for to help maintenance while studying? Many thanks
    holly
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Chatty,

NHS students can apply for a reduced rate maintenance loan even if this is their second degree. Please note any other funding such as tuition fees or bursary will be supplied by the NHS.

When you go to apply for your maintenance loan make sure you are applying as a 12/13 student and not a 13/14 one as your course starts in April.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.