The Student Room Group

Head girl application letter

Applying for head girl... could you tell me what you think?

Dear _____,

Please accept this letter as my expression of interest for the position of Head Girl, commencing September 2013. In structuring my response, and pondering on exactly what to say, I found myself asking three questions; What is the role of Head Girl? What would being Head Girl mean to me? Why am I the right girl?

What is the role of Head Girl?
The role of a Head Girl is without question one of great importance, playing a critical role, internally and externally; internally, not someone of greater importance than the rest of the Sixth Form, but someone with the ability to work effectively within a team and yet still demonstrate leadership. The role of the
Head Girl requires the ability to inspire those around you, whilst equally being motivated yourself to create a calm, comfortable and memorable environment for what can be an extremely stressful final year. Equally internally, the role goes beyond the sixth form, spanning the rest of the school; listening, supporting and most significantly giving equal importance to every student whether they be a new starter in year 7 or a year 9 trying to understand and decide what options they should choose.

Externally, the role supports the reputation of the school, given the political picture with Academy schools this is key and I see this role supporting you and the other teachers in developing our reputation.

What would being Head Girl mean to me?
First and foremost I recognise the significant and demanding nature of this role. Having spoken to teachers and current members the Head Girl team, I am excited by the challenge the role presents and cannot think of a more rewarding way to conclude my final year at _____ I have never been one to cower from a challenge, for example taking on Music as a GCSE subject when it wasn’t naturally one of my strengths. I will embrace this role and provide a valued interface between the teachers and students. Secondly, I want to leave this school knowing I have given something back and made a difference. *what can i add here about making a difference? how can i suggest i can make a difference?*

I have spent many hours within the school, and so many of the staff have gone the "extra mile" for me.

Being Head Girl would mean I could go the "extra mile" for others; something I envisage in the role would be to set up a drop in advice ‘clinic’ for younger students who perhaps feel they could not approach a member of staff; I hope to offer guidance and support, as I strongly believe that a problem shared is a problem halved.

Why am I the right girl?
Over the last five years that I have spent at ____ I have come to understand many things including responsibility, hard work, commitment and confidence. When I reflect on my five years here, I can't say it has all been easy. From initially struggling in lessons to broken friendships, I have faced many challenges. However, being here has taught me resilience and shear determination to the extent that I achieved my goal of gaining 11A*'s at GCSE. Beyond academic achievements, I have also enjoyed myself. Enjoyment is a key element in the experience of school; I have found that if you are content and happy in your working environment then you will naturally work harder and put more effort into both school work and extra-curricular activities, which equally both contribute, to creating a well-rounded student. I would try my hardest to make sure that younger members of our school were able to enjoy themselves in an environment where they can flourish.

I believe I have always set an example; I am passionate, approachable, determined, motivated and above all, genuine.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours Sincerely
This is fab! I think you cover everything really well; and answer any questions the reader may have! It's really nicely worded as well.
For the part you want to add more to, about making a difference, could you suggest a particular project you'd like to work on? A charity you'd like to work towards supporting? An event you'd like to run? Is the Head Girl in charge of prefects or anything like that? Prom? Or perhaps introducing a new peer mentor scheme or something similar? Even just impacting on the individual student who aspires to be like you or seeks advice from you?
Reply 2
Beautifully written, worded and formatted. A fantastic piece that is truly worthy of a Head Girl. I sincerely hope you got/get the position.
This looks great!!! Did you get it?
answered it abousouloutly perfectly
This is fab! I think you cover everything really well; and answer any questions the reader may have! It's really nicely worded as well.
For the part you want to add more to, about making a difference, could you suggest a particular project you'd like to work on? A charity you'd like to work towards supporting? An event you'd like to run? Is the Head Girl in charge of prefects or anything like that? Prom? Or perhaps introducing a new peer mentor scheme or something similar? Even just impacting on the individual student who aspires to be like you or seeks advice from you?
its AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 7
ik but did she actually get it
Reply 8
Thank you! so helpful for my own head girl letter!
did you get this because your letter is spectacular i hope you got to be head girl
Amazing! Your ideas are so unique! You show commitment and definitely earn a role of head girl! You show a lot of commitment and with letters and vocabulary like that you will get somewhere in life. Your work is very genuine and will be improved my many staff and student. Congratulations the role of head girl belongs to you!
Reply 11
wow
Don't u think that its too long like if we r writing an application ??
This letter is amazing! I truly love it! This is really helping with my Head Girl Letter
why can't it be head boy? your school homosexist or something?
They said at my school that you can only get head grill if you have 47 A*s and a degree in gender studies from oxbridge and camebridge, luckly i was able to get the role with my 3 Btecs as they are worth 20 A levels each
Original post by MullyTheMachine
They said at my school that you can only get head grill if you have 47 A*s and a degree in gender studies from oxbridge and camebridge, luckly i was able to get the role with my 3 Btecs as they are worth 20 A levels each

dude, they rejected my application for head wamen... what do?
Reply 17
Can you please help me with the head girl application for me just me
Can you write for someone who is good athletic
It’s because she’s the one who’s applying. Now a guy 🤦🏻*♀️