Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octopus_Garden)
    J'ai *pentalingual dictionaries* vu.
    So, yep!

Tout le monde... On doit me souhaiter chance! (j'ai deux examen demain, et Mango passe aussi l'examen)

ReputationRep:
    C'est bonne idée. Récemment, j'ai fini mon gcse de français et je ne prends pas français pour mes A levels, mais je ne voudrais pas oublier comment parler français

ReputationRep:
    http://boardreader.com/fp/The_Studen...g_9279067.html

We have no lives. Look at the chart of most regular posters in this sub-forum!
    :zomg: I'm runner up in this section atm :lol: What can I say...I'm just loyal to this part of TSR

May the all mighty overlords strike me down when I start actively participating in the 'Relationship' sub-forums and the like!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AparnaX)
    C'est bonne idée. Récemment, j'ai fini mon gcse de français et je ne prends pas français pour mes A levels, mais je ne voudrais pas oublier comment parler français
    :eek:

Je devrais dormir... Je me couche(rai) maintenant mais le français (ou un autre langue) devrait être choisi par tout le monde :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    So, yep!

Tout le monde... On doit me souhaiter chance! (j'ai deux examen demain, et Mango passe aussi l'examen)
    http://www.amazon.com/Pentalingual-L.../dp/9747688921
    Très utile!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatitootoo)
    :zomg: I'm runner up in this section atm :lol: What can I say...I'm just loyal to this part of TSR

May the all mighty overlords strike me down when I start actively participating in the 'Relationship' sub-forums and the like!
    Fish has made 226 posts in MFL in a week! I'm at around a thousand posts in general since I joined ...

ReputationRep:

Fish has made 226 posts in MFL in a week! I'm at around a thousand posts in general since I joined ...
    I'm going to be celebrating my 30,000th soon :party:

ReputationRep:
    My phone didn't predict it :teehee:

So how about pentalingual?
    Semantically valid, although as the preceding numerical prefixes have been Latin-derived, I would have expected pentalingual to be also (I would have said it was just wrong but Octopus mentioned pentalingual dictionaries ).

:lol:

http://boardreader.com/fp/The_Studen...g_9279067.html

We have no lives. Look at the chart of most regular posters in this sub-forum!
    Awh man I so would have been on that list a couple of weeks ago :lol:

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

Je devrais dormir... Je me couche(rai) maintenant mais le français (ou un autre langue) devrait être choisi par tout le monde :ahee:
    Je suis très désolée Mais j'adore les sciences et les maths aussi et je voudrais devenir un médecin.
    Ne t'inquiète pas, je continuerai de pratiquer français sur cette thread(?)

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm didn't come up on my dictionary :lol:

Aah, tu es chanceux! Je souhaite que j'eusse(j'aie?) famille qui parlent un autre langue
    But that's the thing * elle ne parle grève la langue! * she last visited Italy when she was 20, and hasn't been since, and barely remembers how to speak it

ReputationRep:
    J'ai *pentalingual dictionaries* vu.
    How very grammatically German of you to say. :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantmeowage)
    How very grammatically German of you to say. :s
    Oh bugger, so I have.

Fish, why didn't you point that out!?

Look it's not my fault. It's very hard to grammatically type in one's third language while making a marzipan frog! *makes excuses*

ReputationRep:
    Oh bugger, so I have.

Look it's not my fault. It's very hard to grammatically type in one's third language while making a marzipan frog! *makes excuses*
    To be honest, German grammar is remarkably invasive...some weird German grammar rules have twisted their way into my other brains for the other languages in some rather odd manners... >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AparnaX)
    Je suis très désolée Mais j'adore les sciences et les maths aussi et je voudrais devenir un médecin.
    Ne t'inquiète pas, je continuerai de pratiquer français sur cette thread(?)
    Ce n'est pas un excuse!:mmm: j'ai choisi la chimie, la physique, les mathématiques (further), la géographie, et le français!
    Good
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    But that's the thing * elle ne parle grève la langue! * she last visited Italy when she was 20, and hasn't been since, and barely remembers how to speak it
    Oh sucks!
    Oh bugger, so I have.

:lol: tbf, I looked at it...

And I was like :lolwut: but then I thought it was some higher level French I didn't know of :teehee:

Then I realised it's your German word order!

ReputationRep:
    Next week at college we have diversity week. We have to sign up to an activity, and there are a few language sessions. I have to choose between Finnish, Italian, Spanish and Russian. How do I choose? :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrajess)
    Next week at college we have diversity week. We have to sign up to an activity, and there are a few language sessions. I have to choose between Finnish, Italian, Spanish and Russian. How do I choose? :O
    Russian or Finnish!

ReputationRep:
    x
    Choose the one that sounds most exciting to you.

Do you honestly have no images in your mind when you hear the words: Italy, Spain, Finland or Russia?

ReputationRep:
    Russian or Finnish!
    Choose the one that sounds most exciting to you.

Do you honestly have no images in your mind when you hear the words: Italy, Spain, Finland or Russia?
    I was thinking between Finnish and Russian. I figure that they're more unusual and interesting and harder to just teach yourself?
    I like the sound of Russian, but not thought much about Finnish before. Might sound stupid but what alphabet does Finnish use? Is it the same as ours or different?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is what it says:
    Good luck! I hope you will succeed (technically wrong, as "hope" triggers the subjunctive") your exams.

So

Puedes utilizar el español! (non soy muy bien pero * I need the practise)
    Bueno, dejaré de hacer el ridículo y conversaré contigo en español.

¿Cómo te fue en los exámenes? ¿Fueron difíciles?

EDIT: Just noticed - 'no' in Spanish is no, not non like Italian , and it would be better to use bueno instead of bien, as you are saying I'm not good rather than I'm not well.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking between Finnish and Russian. I figure that they're more unusual and interesting and harder to just teach yourself?
    I like the sound of Russian, but not thought much about Finnish before. Might sound stupid but what alphabet does Finnish use? Is it the same as ours or different?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Finnish uses the Latin alphabet with some vowels that have umlauts on them (not sure what they're called in Finnish).

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.