Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyJayne14)
    I was surprised, especially at the German!
    I might try
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I might try
    What, the tests?

ReputationRep:
    What, the tests?
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    I got bored, so, as you do, I decided to do some GCSE foundation reading papers in languages that I'm not very good at (Spanish and German). I got 34/35 in Spanish (haven't studied for a year and only did KS3 content) and 24/35 for German (I know about 20 words). No idea how that happened :lol:
    I did that once! I got Cs for both Spanish and German, bearing in mind that I hadn't done German for about two years and had never done Spanish, I was proud of myself!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    Tout à fait. * However, it won't be fun having to grovel to said bad chemistry teacher to let me back on the course (after I battled him over it (it was Chemistry vs RS, which wasn't even a choice for me) and he basically said I was making a huge mistake because I get the best grades in the year for it).

If it was up to me, I'd be taking eight subjects.
    There were so many subjects that I did want to take: including Geography and Latin.
    I ended up "settling" for 5. I think the IB would have suited me better since I didn't know what to do in uni and I was itching to study so many subjects!

But my state school didn't have that option so I took five subjects. I'm now going to read 30 pages of children stories in Russian which are for primary school kids. With a fox looking upwards and a black bird of some kind having cheese in its mouth...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    I did that once! I got Cs for both Spanish and German, bearing in mind that I hadn't done German for about two years and had never done Spanish, I was proud of myself!
    I'm tempted to do the foundation papers now for the shiz, but I'm worried that I'm not gonna get full marks being an A Level student. O.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantmeowage)
    I'm tempted to do the foundation papers now for the shiz, but I'm worried that I'm not gonna get full marks being an A Level student. O.o
    They're really easy! Don't be afraid, unless you're doing a foundation paper in a language you know! I had to do a French one in class (I do French) and got ful marks, which was very nice!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah
    Do an Italian paper, I want to know how you do!!

Haha, we're so in sync awesome, well done!

ReputationRep:
    Do an Italian paper, I want to know how you do!!
    My Italian is so bad now :rofl: got links?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    My Italian is so bad now :rofl: got links?
    Er, do you want the general link to the Edexcel Italian page?? Then you can choose which paper to do?

ReputationRep:
    Er, do you want the general link to the Edexcel Italian page?? Then you can choose which paper to do?
    Okay general will do

ReputationRep:
    I've had occasion to look at Foundation GCSE German papers in recent weeks- constantmeowage, don't worry! Languages are synoptic, you will also be fine for the reading. I didn't look at listening because I am scared I've become too dependent on the ability to rewind.

However, the AQA specimen Higher Reading remains a little worrying... If I couldn't remember the answers I'm not sure I would be able to beat my 41/45 from when I did it the first time...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Okay general will do
    http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gcse/gc...s/default.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Haha, we're so in sync awesome, well done!
    :cool: Obviously being born in the coolest (not literally) month in the year helps! Well done to you too though! I'm tempted to try an Italian one... and a Polish one!

ReputationRep:
    Dropped 2 marks in Italian Foundation... Tbf I guess some right, so I was lucky...

Need to learn some vocab!

Question is:

How do you say "I need to..."

ReputationRep:
    Question is:

How do you say "I need to..."
    " ho bisogno di " or " devo " (this one is more like " I have to " but it works as well in many cases)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bambirina)
    " ho bisogno di " or " devo " (this one is more like " I have to " but it works as well in many cases)
    Yeah,I wanted the first

J'ai besoin... Et je dois... Are the equivalents, right?

ReputationRep:
    They're really easy! Don't be afraid, unless you're doing a foundation paper in a language you know! I had to do a French one in class (I do French) and got ful marks, which was very nice!
    Hahaha I decided to try a higher GCSE AQA Italian paper, and I got 38/40, so I guess it's not as bad as I thought it would be o.o I just didnt want the rude awakening of doing a language at A Level and then realising I can't do it at GCSE that I did two years ago (although I don't do Italian A Level :P)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, although it's always " j'ai besoin de ".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bambirina)
    Yes, although it's always " j'ai besoin de ".
    Yeah I know

J'ai besoin de pratiquer mon italien donc je ne l'oublie pas! Not that I had much knowledge...

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.