:eek: quoi était le B?

Ces notes-là sont très bonnes!
    C'était l'art. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)

(Original post by Ronove)
    Mir wurde angeboten, ____? Ich wurde eingeladen, ____? Maybe? I struggle with this stuff because of Danish now - will be much better soon though when I can read some of my German stuff (we just arrived back in Denmark and I brought a good few books back - including Hammer if I remember correctly!).

8 A*s, 2 As and a B.

Ronove also got AAA in A-level Spanish (self taught in a year), A-level German & A-level French.
    And that was back when A* did not exist! :eek:

Ronove also has A-levels in English Literature (B) & Maths (A*) if my memory serves me right.

I'm not a stalker, not at all...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    C'était l'art. :emo:
    Haha, n'inquiéte pas! (j'ai obtenu un C dans la photographie) j'espère que j'aie un A dans le dessin... mon prof a dit que j'aurais un D/C :mad:)
    (Original post by thatitootoo)
    Ronove also got AAA in A-level Spanish (self taught in a year), A-level German & A-level French.

Ronove also has A-levels in English Literature (B) & Maths (A*) if my memory serves me right.

:lol:

Ronove est trop intelligente...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bambirina)
    Mia madre è italiana e mio padre è francese, parlo entrambe le lingue correntemente, sono vissuta in entrambi i paesi, .. quindi fammi sapere se ti posso aiutare
    Sono 2 lingue fantastiche, ma forse non sono molto obiettiva ... :rolleyes:
    Sei molto fortunato, mi piacerebbe vivere in Italia o Francia, o visitare per alcuni mesi!! Grazie, parlerò a te se ho bisogno di aiuto

ReputationRep:
    Oui!

ReputationRep:

Spanish was self taught in six months actually.

And I got a B in Maths. I tried to learn C4 over two days, it did not work.

ReputationRep:
    Spanish was self taught in six months actually.

And I got a B in Maths. I tried to learn C4 over two days, it did not work.
    :eek: pourriez-vous me donner 'tips' pour l'Espagnol!

ReputationRep:
    :zomg:
    :eek:
    :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: pourriez-vous me donner 'tips' pour l'Espagnol!
    I bought films (eg Almodóvar ones) and listened to Spanish/Latin American radio stations, just to get used to the sound of Spanish and speed up my listening and speaking a bit. I also read The Alchemist in Spanish (because I thought it was written in Spanish initially) which was manageable and a lovely read. I went through phases of reading at least a couple of short newspaper articles a day on El Mundo's website as well, which was great for vocab.

ReputationRep:
    I bought films (eg Almodóvar ones) and listened to Spanish/Latin American radio stations, just to get used to the sound of Spanish and speed up my listening and speaking a bit. I also read The Alchemist in Spanish (because I thought it was written in Spanish initially) which was manageable and a lovely read. I went through phases of reading at least a couple of short newspaper articles a day on El Mundo's website as well, which was great for vocab.
    All in 6 months? The whole A2?

Wow... Well done

C4 in two days would probably be easier for me :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    All in 6 months? The whole A2?

Wow... Well done

C4 in two days would probably be easier for me :rofl:
    Thanks.

You'd be surprised - the C4 book is deceptively thin but there's a hell of a lot to cover. I did the C3 exam a day or so before and ended up scoring something like 92 UMS, which you'd have thought would help a lot in C4. The main problem was that I didn't check the past papers properly for C4. If I had, I would probably have seen that they test everything via integration questions (or so it seemed). So since I hadn't covered any of the new integration material (it was towards the back of the book and I didn't make it that far), I couldn't get to the stage where I could then show what I knew of the rest of the material. Not sure if I've explained very well but I hope you get the idea. If I'd bothered covering vectors before I did M1 last summer I'd have had a leg up for C4 as well - but I didn't cover all the material for that either.

I was convinced I'd completely failed C4 (think I ended up getting the lowest E possible) so I was expecting a C overall, and then came out with a middling to high B if I remember correctly. I decided to make my peace with that and just accept that it was alright, given I only needed an E.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.

You'd be surprised - the C4 book is deceptively thin but there's a hell of a lot to cover. I did the C3 exam a day or so before and ended up scoring something like 92 UMS, which you'd have thought would help a lot in C4. The main problem was that I didn't check the past papers properly for C4. If I had, I would probably have seen that they test everything via integration questions (or so it seemed). So since I hadn't covered any of the new integration material (it was towards the back of the book and I didn't make it that far), I couldn't get to the stage where I could then show what I knew of the rest of the material. Not sure if I've explained very well but I hope you get the idea. If I'd bothered covering vectors before I did M1 last summer I'd have had a leg up for C4 as well - but I didn't cover all the material for that either.

I was convinced I'd completely failed C4 (think I ended up getting the lowest E possible) so I was expecting a C overall, and then came out with a middling to high B if I remember correctly. I decided to make my peace with that and just accept that it was alright, given I only needed an E.
    I've already sat C4

And I ****ed it up exam pressure got to me, and it was hardest paper given so far, and I didn't understand the wording of a question (bye bye A*)

Je déteste les vecteurs... Ils sont... Merde :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantmeowage)
    I liked Two Scavengers in a Truck, actually
    THOSE WERE THE DAYSSSS! ;D
    Did you also compare 'Two scavengers in a truck..." with "Nothing's changed"

If that poem didn't come up...I might have gotten much worse than a B!!! :mmm:
    I can't believe you can remember them all...

My poems were Carpe Diem and some other one

Was one mark off an A* :emo:

What did everyone get in their GCSEs?
    Check my academic info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octopus_Garden)

Check my academic info.
    Assez stupide? :lol:

ReputationRep:

Check my academic info.
    I never even read most of them!

Octopus has been deceiving you people! She's actually a genius IRL...I would know, as I've had the privilege of meeting her!

ReputationRep:

What the actual hell? O.o wow, you are too clever (even if you did self-teach Spanish). :eek: *kneels and worships*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantmeowage)
    What the actual hell? O.o wow, you are too clever (even if you did self-teach Spanish). :eek: *kneels and worships*
    Ooh Ronove is not in the house...so I shall take these kind words as if they're intended for me...Thank you, I'm flattered!
    I Ronove, try to inspire as many aspiring linguists as I can.

ReputationRep:
    I never even read most of them!
    You got a B in GCSE English, when it's your third language, and you didn't read the poems? You'd make some of my friends really envious!

Do you actually get poetry?
    Octopus has been deceiving you people! She's actually a genius IRL...I would know, as I've had the privilege of meeting her!
    Il a torte de penser ça.

ReputationRep:
    You got a B in the GCSE English, when it's your third language, and you didn't read the poems?

Do you actually get poetry?
    Il a torte de penser ça.
    You guys knew what poems.were gonna come up?!

:eek: we had unseen poems

ReputationRep:
    You guys knew what poems.were gonna come up?!

:eek: we had unseen poems
    In my day *old gimmer* , we had an anthology of poems, and we knew one of them would come up, and we would have to compare it with an unseen poem.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.