The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallisto
It's rather pretty angry for me! shame on google translator! I have never seen such an abusive of my native country! I'm sad.

"It makes me angry". Yes, I know the English language makes no sense!

"an abuse" -du hast ein adjectiv... statt eines Dingwort. Heisst ,,noun" Dingwort auf Deutsch?

Meiner Meinung nach ist Niederlandisch ---> Deutsch oft besser als Niederlandisch ---> Englisch.:biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Octopus_Garden
"It makes me angry". Yes, I know the English language makes no sense!

On the contrary! English is easier in grammar by far than German. But I'm too complicate to realize it.

"an abuse" -du hast ein adjectiv... statt eines Dingwort. Heisst ,,noun" Dingwort auf Deutsch?

Ich dachte, dass es genau andersherum wäre? 'noun' wird in der deutschen Sprache als 'Namenwort' oder 'Substantiv' übersetzt

Meiner Meinung nach ist Niederlandisch ---> Deutsch oft besser als Niederlandisch ---> Englisch.:biggrin:

Kein Wunder, niederländisch ist der deutschen Sprachen sehr ähnlich, noch ähnlicher als Englisch.

So, I will fix my last comment and then I'm off. Thanks again to you, even if you needed help.
(edited 10 years ago)
x

Aah, well one day, I'll be able to speak it! (I'm still better than google tranlsate in your eyes though :lolwut:)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Aah, well one day, I'll be able to speak it! (I'm still better than google tranlsate in your eyes though :lolwut:)

Yes, you are! you can trust me, if I say it so. German is my native language and I would realize grammar mistakes immediately! and the German translation of google was a bad nightmare... apropos, google translator is not able to translate Japanese texts. Am I right in thinking that you are not speak Japanese?
Yes, you are! you can trust me, if I say it so. German is my native language and I would realize grammar mistakes immediately! and the German translation of google was a bad nightmare... apropos, google translator is not able to translate Japanese texts. Am I right in thinking that you are not speak Japanese?

No, I don't speak Japanese unfortunately :tongue:

Je parle le français, en peu de l'espagnol et l'italien... Mais, le japonais, non :frown:
No, I don't speak Japanese unfortunately :tongue:

Je parle le français, en peu de l'espagnol et l'italien... Mais, le japonais, non :frown:

Je parle en peu le français, (mais moi vocabuliere c'est extremé la vouvouvou limitè :mmm:), aber ich spreche viel besser Deutsch, Niederländisch und Englisch! :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by thatitootoo
Je parle en peu le français, (mais moi vocabuliere c'est extremé la vouvouvou limitè :mmm:), aber ich spreche viel besser Deutsch, Niederländisch und Englisch! :wink:

De français* (a little of French)
De français* (a little of French)

ODER

"Je parle un peu le français" ??
ODER

"Je parle un peu le français" ??

I assumed twas a typo:wink:
I assumed twas a typo:wink:

One shall never underestimate the Tootoo! :colone:

Exam time! How do you say "I don't speak German" in German?
You have had a lot of practise to perfect this phrase recently...:wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
One shall not underestimate the Tootoo! :colone:

Exam time! How do you say "I don't spek German" in German?
You have had a lot of practise to perfect this phrase recently...:wink:

Ich kann kein/nicht Deutsch sprechen :yep:
Reply 2971
Original post by constantmeowage
Eh, I'm bent down now, I may as well continue now I can't get up. :tongue:

Random question, but does it get warm and sunny during the summer? That probably sounds really really stupid, but does it have a nice climate in Denmark or is it decidedly British? :tongue:

It's pretty similar to British weather, just a little more extreme maybe - at least in my experience. For the last few weeks it's been at least a couple of degrees warmer every day where I live in Denmark than it has been in my hometown in the North West of England. Last winter it was usually a few degrees colder (sometimes around 10 degrees colder).
Ich kann kein/nicht Deutsch sprechen :yep:

Sehr gut!

now if 'nicht' = 'not' & 'kein'=''no'
(ONLY IN THIS CONTEXT)

Would you rather say "I speak not German" or "I speak no German"
in English? (Which one sounds better to you?)

:hopefulface: :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2973
Bastian Sick hat gesagt, dass man dies nicht sagte. Aber man kann "das macht Unsinn" sagen.

My linguistics tutor at uni (who was just given a chair) seemed to think Bastian Sick was a prize idiot, and that his books were full of rubbish. :tongue:
Sehr gut!
i
now if 'nicht' = 'not & 'kein'='no'

Would you rather say "I speak not German" or "I speak no German"
(Which one sounds better to you?)

:hopefulface: :tongue:

Kein :mmm:

Although nicht is much more dramatic!

I speak NOT GERMAN
Reply 2975

Just FYI, we really don't use 'apropos' in English. Before someone else jumps in and claims we do - no, we don't. In very formal argumentative texts, yes - in speech, certainly not. Germans (and Danes, I think) use it in a different way to us. People will either think you're a pompous idiot, or that you're bad at English and using words inappropriately - or they simply won't understand 'apropos' at all. That is how little it is used. :smile:
Kein :mmm:

Although nicht is much more dramatic!

I speak NOT GERMAN

Wooo! Gut gemacht...Fish is starting to get it :redface:

lololol "ICH SPRECHE ÜBERHAUPT KEIN DEUTSCH!" sounds much more powerful than "ICH SPRECHE NICHT DEUTSCH" which just sounds like....you're confused!! xD
I thought "apropos" was a Spanish word he slipped in by accident :colondollar:
I don't suppose he meant to say "apparently" ? :redface:
Wooo! Gut gemacht...Fish is starting to get it :redface:

lololol "ICH SPRECHE ÜBERHAUPT KEIN DEUTSCH!" sounds much more powerful than "ICH SPRECHE NICHT DEUTSCH" which just sounds like....you're confused!! xD

Why the :redface:? :unimpressed:

What's uberhaupt?:tongue:
Why the :redface:? :unimpressed:

What's ueberhaupt?:tongue:

It's one of the few I know! ^^ (I don't have access to all of these fancy smileys on my Ipod) So it's one of my regulars...:wink: :rolleyes: :redface: :yep:

If your phone/computer doesn't enable the sacred 'ü' you have to add an e next to the umlautless 'u' to acknowledge the absence of the missing umlaut ;D

Hmm I don't know how to explain...as I already knew that word from Dutch :redface:
"not at all" maybe? xD

Latest

Trending

Trending