Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I meant the other example, not Octopus'

"Je ne fais rien travail. J'ai été malade, paresseuse aussi et (ainsi que) j'étais occupée avec des autres choses"

Do you agree? ^^ or would you use j'ai été again?
    Je n'ai rien fait du travail. J'ai été/Je m'est sentie malade et aussi paresseuse, et j'ai été occupée avec des autres choses.

Perhaps. :P I still don't get the difference between 'd'autres' and 'des autres', but that's what I come up with. :/ I feel like I should be much better than this, but alas, brain fade and revision are eating me. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantmeowage)
    Je n'ai rien fait du travail. J'ai été/Je m'est sentie malade et aussi paresseuse, et j'ai été occupée avec des autres choses.

Perhaps. :P I still don't get the difference between 'd'autres' and 'des autres', but that's what I come up with. :/ I feel like I should be much better than this, but alas, brain fade and revision are eating me. :confused:
    I agree with that one actually, and it probably is d'autres... Although I also dont know the difference if any!

ReputationRep:
    Ma dictionnaire a dit que "busy with something"- occupé(e) à quelque.

Also isn't the difference between d'autres and des autres similar to that between l'autre and les autres?

So I say "beaucoup d'autres"- a lot of others, but des autres. Is that all wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone for an Arabic convo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octopus_Garden)

Also isn't the difference between d'autres and des autres similar to that between l'autre and les autres?

So I say "beaucoup d'autres"- a lot of others, but des autres. Is that all wrong?
    That's the whole phrase I think, with the "something"

After beaucoup you only say du which is why it definitely shortens to d'autres

ReputationRep:

Shortening 'de'/dis-article-ing 'de' happens when there's a quantity next to it - '500 grammes DE pommes' MAIS 'J'ai besoin des pommes'. :/ But I've seen 'd'autres' in other places as well which confuses me greatly

ReputationRep:
    That's the whole phrase I think, with the "something"

After beaucoup you only say du which is why it definitely shortens to d'autres
    I presume you meant to say 'de' here, not 'du'?

Yesterday I watched Le chat du rabbin, I recommend it for any French speakers (and anyone else for that matter).

Jeg går ud fra, at der ikke er nogen der forstår dansk her? :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)

Yesterday I watched Le chat du rabbin, I recommend it for any French speakers (and anyone else for that matter).

Yeah sorry!

ReputationRep:

Il coûte 21,-£ chez Amazon! je souhaite que les DVD étrangers ne coûtent pas tant d'argent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantmeowage)
    Il coûte 21,-£ chez Amazon! je souhaite que les DVD étrangers ne coûtent pas tant d'argent
    *cough* la baie des pirates *cough*

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sorry!
    Thought so!

ReputationRep:
    Thought so!
    Je suis très désolé!

ReputationRep:
    Je suis très désolé!
    Sehr gut!

ReputationRep:
    Hallo! Wie geht's euch allen? * J'aime apprendre des langues étrangères * and I can speak English, Gujarati and Hindi fluently, as well as German (to approximately B2 level) and a bit of French (probably to about GCSE level).

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else doing Mandarin and would like to be my language practice buddy?

Pm me or reply here pleaseeee

I can speak Spanish pretty well

After Mandarin the next language I want to try and learn is Russian

ReputationRep:
    I need to get my Spanish to my French level by May

Challenge Accepted

ReputationRep:
    I have to get my Danish to a comfortable C1 level in the next 6 weeks. Going INSANE.

ReputationRep:
    I need to get my Spanish to my French level by May

Challenge Accepted
    Doing Spanish GCSE then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Hallo! Wie geht's euch allen? * J'aime apprendre des langues étrangères * and I can speak English, Gujarati and Hindi fluently, as well as German (to approximately B2 level) and a bit of French (probably to about GCSE level).
    Hallo! Ich kann auch Deutsch, aber nicht * to B2, * B1 vielleicht. Die Andere wird hier mit dir Französisch sprechen. Ich finde romanischen Sprachen schwer

ReputationRep:
    I have to get my Danish to a comfortable C1 level in the next 6 weeks. Going INSANE.
    Ooh, why, if you don't mind me asking? Also, what made you chose Danish, again, if you don't mind me asking?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 9, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.