The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I meant the other example, not Octopus'

"Je ne fais rien travail. J'ai été malade, paresseuse aussi et (ainsi que) j'étais occupée avec des autres choses"

Do you agree? ^^ or would you use j'ai été again?

Je n'ai rien fait du travail. J'ai été/Je m'est sentie malade et aussi paresseuse, et j'ai été occupée avec des autres choses.

Perhaps. :P I still don't get the difference between 'd'autres' and 'des autres', but that's what I come up with. :/ I feel like I should be much better than this, but alas, brain fade and revision are eating me. :confused:
Original post by constantmeowage
Je n'ai rien fait du travail. J'ai été/Je m'est sentie malade et aussi paresseuse, et j'ai été occupée avec des autres choses.

Perhaps. :P I still don't get the difference between 'd'autres' and 'des autres', but that's what I come up with. :/ I feel like I should be much better than this, but alas, brain fade and revision are eating me. :confused:

I agree with that one actually, and it probably is d'autres... Although I also dont know the difference if any!
Ma dictionnaire a dit que "busy with something"- occupé(e) à quelque.

Also isn't the difference between d'autres and des autres similar to that between l'autre and les autres?

So I say "beaucoup d'autres"- a lot of others, but des autres. Is that all wrong?
Anyone for an Arabic convo? :smile:
Original post by Octopus_Garden

Also isn't the difference between d'autres and des autres similar to that between l'autre and les autres?

So I say "beaucoup d'autres"- a lot of others, but des autres. Is that all wrong?

That's the whole phrase I think, with the "something"

After beaucoup you only say du which is why it definitely shortens to d'autres :smile:

Shortening 'de'/dis-article-ing 'de' happens when there's a quantity next to it - '500 grammes DE pommes' MAIS 'J'ai besoin des pommes'. :/ But I've seen 'd'autres' in other places as well which confuses me greatly :frown:
Reply 346
That's the whole phrase I think, with the "something"

After beaucoup you only say du which is why it definitely shortens to d'autres :smile:

I presume you meant to say 'de' here, not 'du'? :tongue:

Yesterday I watched Le chat du rabbin, I recommend it for any French speakers (and anyone else for that matter).

Jeg går ud fra, at der ikke er nogen der forstår dansk her? :sad:
Original post by Ronove

Yesterday I watched Le chat du rabbin, I recommend it for any French speakers (and anyone else for that matter).

Yeah :colondollar: sorry!
Original post by Ronove

Il coûte 21,-£ chez Amazon! :frown: je souhaite que les DVD étrangers ne coûtent pas tant d'argent :frown:
Reply 349
Original post by constantmeowage
Il coûte 21,-£ chez Amazon! :frown: je souhaite que les DVD étrangers ne coûtent pas tant d'argent :frown:

*cough* la baie des pirates *cough*
Yeah :colondollar: sorry!

:angry: Thought so!
:angry: Thought so!

Je suis très désolé! :frown:
Je suis très désolé! :frown:
Sehr gut!:biggrin:
Hallo! Wie geht's euch allen? * J'aime apprendre des langues étrangères * and I can speak English, Gujarati and Hindi fluently, as well as German (to approximately B2 level) and a bit of French (probably to about GCSE level).
Is anyone else doing Mandarin and would like to be my language practice buddy?

Pm me or reply here pleaseeee :biggrin:

I can speak Spanish pretty well :biggrin:

After Mandarin the next language I want to try and learn is Russian :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
I need to get my Spanish to my French level by May :redface:

Challenge Accepted :h:
Reply 356
I have to get my Danish to a comfortable C1 level in the next 6 weeks. Going INSANE.
Reply 357
I need to get my Spanish to my French level by May :redface:

Challenge Accepted :h:

Doing Spanish GCSE then?
Original post by thegodofgod
Hallo! Wie geht's euch allen? * J'aime apprendre des langues étrangères * and I can speak English, Gujarati and Hindi fluently, as well as German (to approximately B2 level) and a bit of French (probably to about GCSE level).

Hallo! Ich kann auch Deutsch, aber nicht * to B2, * B1 vielleicht. Die Andere wird hier mit dir Französisch sprechen. Ich finde romanischen Sprachen schwer :tongue:
Reply 359
Original post by Ronove
I have to get my Danish to a comfortable C1 level in the next 6 weeks. Going INSANE.

Ooh, why, if you don't mind me asking? Also, what made you chose Danish, again, if you don't mind me asking?