The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vionar
Thanks! :biggrin: I'm in great debt to you now! Yes, that's right, only about a month or so, what gave me away? :tongue:

I know, but I don't understand why! And then there's the sending to the back due to certain words and phrases! :confused:

You'll get there babycakes, het is gewoon zo, machst du dich keine Sorgen.

3 Languages in a self constructed sentence :cool:
Reply 3761
Original post by thatitootoo
You'll get there babycakes, het is gewoon zo, machst du dich keine Sorgen.

3 Languages in a self constructed sentence :cool:

:lol: You're so proud of yourself...so cute! :mmm:
Original post by Vionar
:lol: You're so proud of yourself...so cute! :mmm:

Shhhhhh :angry:

Did I tell you I might be studying 4 languages next year?? :colone:
Reply 3763

:rofl:

No, but I kind of worked it out while you were telling everyone else! :tongue: So you're doing English, German, French and Russian?
Original post by Vionar
:rofl:

No, but I kind of worked it out while you were telling everyone else! :tongue: So you're doing English, German, French and Russian?

I changed my mind about taking English...the course looks saaaaaai! don't forget my Dutch re-sit, that counts as a foreign language too :wink:
Reply 3765
I changed my mind about taking English...the course looks saaaaaai! don't forget my Dutch re-sit, that counts as a foreign language too :wink:

:lol: You've finally come to your senses! :tongue: But I didn't know that you were resitting Dutch, good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by Vionar
:lol: You've finally come to your senses! :tongue: But I didn't know that you were resitting Dutch, good luck! :biggrin:

loool. Gettin an A in Dutch is NOT going to be easy pour moi!! Die toets is gemeen! :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3767
loool. Gettin an A in Dutch is NOT going to be easy pour moi!! Die toets is gemeen! :frown:

I'm sure you'll get it! All you need to do is make sure there's no slang or anything and to use complicated phrases! That's essentially how it works at GCSE, but obviously it's quite different at A-level!
Original post by Vionar
I'm sure you'll get it! All you need to do is make sure there's no slang or anything and to use complicated phrases! That's essentially how it works at GCSE, but obviously it's quite different at A-level!

I wish it was that easy! OCR also wants you to be psychic and predict what's written on the mark scheme with 100% accuracy! ><
Probably going to be easier to get a better score in German...and that won't be a walk in the park either :tongue:

Enjoy the simplicity of GCSE German while you can, little one ! :grin:

I'm doing four next year as well (if English counts!) - French, Spanish and English Language A-Levels and German once a week after school with year nine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tess_rach
I'm doing four next year as well (if English counts!) - French, Spanish and English Language A-Levels and German once a week after school with year nine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hi5: Is the German GCSE or A-level??
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3771
I wish it was that easy! OCR also wants you to be psychic and predict what's written on the mark scheme with 100% accuracy! ><
Probably going to be easier to get a better score in German...and that won't be a walk in the park either :tongue:

Enjoy the simplicity of GCSE German while you can, little one ! :grin:

The only solution is to study mark schemes, and then as you say, be psychic! :lol: They're A-levels, they're not meant to be easy!

:woo: It's so simple now, and then they introduce essays and films and books! And the subjunctive! :afraid:
Original post by Vionar
The only solution is to study mark schemes, and then as you say, be psychic! :lol: They're A-levels, they're not meant to be easy!

:woo: It's so simple now, and then they introduce essays and films and books! And the subjunctive! :afraid:

Don't talk to me about the subjunctive, Ich weiss selb noch nichts von die 'accusative' K? :afraid:
Reply 3773
Don't talk to me about the subjunctive, Ich weiss selb noch nichts von die 'accusative' K? :afraid:

They don't even bother telling us about the cases in lessons, they just correct us when we use the wrong one!
:hi5: Is the German GCSE or A-level??

Pre-GCSE - it runs for those in year nine who want to do German (or French or Spanish) as well as their first foreign language of French (or German). It covers most stuff up to about year nine standard. I started Spanish by doing it after school alongside French.

EDIT: the reason I'm doing it is because I've never had formal German lessons and I want to do it ab initio at university

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Vionar
They don't even bother telling us about the cases in lessons, they just correct us when we use the wrong one!

typisch :rolleyes:
Original post by tess_rach
Pre-GCSE - it runs for those in year nine who want to do German (or French or Spanish) as well as their first foreign language of French (or German). It covers most stuff up to about year nine standard. I started Spanish by doing it after school alongside French.

EDIT: the reason I'm doing it is because I've never had formal German lessons and I want to do it ab initio at university

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh I seee :smile: Well that's pretty sweet that your sixth form could arrange that for you though :smile: I love how German can be studied ab initio at a few unis, can't say the same for French lol
L'Evil FishTrois dans l'école?! Est-ce que elle est très petite?

That seems so strange... I've attended individual A-level and GCSE courses which had more than 3 classmates who were Muslim each! In fact, come to think of it, I think I've spoken to two people on my street today since I was last online, who were Muslim.

Et je pense que ma ville *isn't very mixed in terms of race or religion!

Why do I want to learn European languages again? It turns out that I know nothing about the other countries in the United Kingdom. I just assume everywhere is like my English town!
Reply 3778
Just started reading the first German novel I ever read, back in 2006 - Das zweite Land by Asta Scheib.
Original post by Octopus_Garden
L'Evil FishTrois dans l'école?! Est-ce que elle est très petite?

That seems so strange... I've attended individual A-level and GCSE courses which had more than 3 classmates who were Muslim each! In fact, come to think of it, I think I've spoken to two people on my street today since I was last online, who were Muslim.

Et je pense que ma ville *isn't very mixed in terms of race or religion!

Why do I want to learn European languages again? It turns out that I know nothing about the other countries in the United Kingdom. I just assume everywhere is like my English town!

Not the college! :eek: in the college there are LOTS! Although a lot less compared to my school... Which was probably 50+% Muslim!

Cardiff itself is quite diverse I think, but certain areas are home to certain ethnic backgrounds. Eg if you asked me where Bengalis or Somalis lived, I'd give you an area.

I meant 3 in my French class at most, including me.

Latest

Trending

Trending