Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Bonjour, je m'appelle Jess et j'ai 14 ans. Cette annee, je voudrais obtenir un A pour ma A-level. Aider!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Haha, mi español mejora...
    Pues, entonces desde ahora no tienes que temer que hable mal de ti. Al menos no lo voy a hacer en español.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AquisM)
    Pues, entonces desde ahora no tienes que temer que hable mal de ti. Al menos no lo voy a hacer en español.
    Espero que (non puedo utilizar el subjuntivo) no hable mal de mi! :mmm: aunque (even if?) no ponías comprar! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Bonjour, je m'appelle Jess et j'ai 14 ans. Cette annee, je voudrais obtenir un A pour ma A-level. Aider!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Moi aussi.

Non, je serais heureuse avec un B ou C!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tess_rach)
    I've read that! And because I'm going to Florence in February, I'm teaching myself Italian on DuoLingo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Been wanting to read it for ages! Had to wait until exams finished, got it for my birthday and am now reading it on holidays .
    I'll have a look ay DuoLingo when I return home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krollo)
    I'm off to Pompeii with the school Geography department, though I assume little Geography will be taking place. Instead attempted multilingualism and terrible accents shall be rife. I'm the only person apart from teachers who speaks any Italian so it should be fun, though tbh as it's a tourist area I assume the Italians will be speaking English. Ho hum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ciao! Tourists are great for practicing languages. My multilingual friend loved practicing not only Italian but also German, Korean, & Spanish when we were in Italy. Tourists often need directions or want someone to take a group picture. Plus there's Latin to read! You'll have fun.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Il est bon de viser haut :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Been wanting to read it for ages! Had to wait until exams finished, got it for my birthday and am now reading it on holidays .
    I'll have a look ay DuoLingo when I return home!
    I couldn't wait until the very end of exams, so I bought it after English literature and read it over half term

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Espero que (non puedo utilizar el subjuntivo) no hable mal de mi! :mmm: aunque (even if?) no ponías comprar! :ahee:
    That's very good actually. The subjunctive will be easy to learn - hables (hable would be the usted form - the formal you like vous). To say even if, you use aunque + subjunctive. Aunque is a funny word - with the indicative it means although, but with the subjunctive it means even if. I didn't understand the last bit though - no ponías comprar?

ReputationRep:
    That's very good actually. The subjunctive will be easy to learn - hables (hable would be the usted form - the formal you like vous). To say even if, you use aunque + subjunctive. Aunque is a funny word - with the indicative it means although, but with the subjunctive it means even if. I didn't understand the last bit though - no ponías comprar?
    Is it 'You couldn't buy' (in the conditional?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    x
    I used the wrong words ignore that!

ReputationRep:
    Ich kann sehr gut Deutsch! heheheh

ReputationRep:
    I used the wrong words ignore that!
    Oh okay.

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay.
    I was meant to say:

... No podría comprender

ReputationRep:
    aún si yo no lo comprendo
    aunque yo no lo comprenda
    aún cuando yo no lo comprenda

I've changed your poder comprender construction to comprender because it sounds more Spanish to me, though others might have a different viewpoint, it's been a while since I was immersed in Spanish classes! I've added 'yo' because I presume you meant 'I hope you're not talking badly of me, even if I can't understand it [the talking badly]'. It makes it clear what you meant by that.

Edit: PS If you don't stop using 'non' instead of 'no' I might have to find you and hurt you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    aún si yo no lo comprendo
    aunque yo no lo comprenda
    aún cuando yo no lo comprenda

I've changed your poder comprender construction to comprender because it sounds more Spanish to me, though others might have a different viewpoint, it's been a while since I was immersed in Spanish classes! I've added 'yo' because I presume you meant 'I hope you're not talking badly of me, even if I can't understand it [the talking badly]'. It makes it clear what you meant by that.

Edit: PS If you don't stop using 'non' instead of 'no' I might have to find you and hurt you.
    :teehee:

The non was from my Italian :emo: (although I've stopped that now, so I'm focusing on Spanish)

Question... Why do you have to use this sometimes:

"los él visita (a ellos) en el hospital."

The brackets.

ReputationRep:

The non was from my Italian :emo: (although I've stopped that now, so I'm focusing on Spanish)

The brackets.
    The 'los' at the beginning is an indirect object pronoun and replaces the 'a ellos' - it reads "to them I visited (to them) in the hospital". It's stupid grammar and word order, I know, and it gets sillier when you use a direct object pronoun as well, but I won't go into that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tess_rach)
    The 'los' at the beginning is an indirect object pronoun and replaces the 'a ellos' - it reads "to them I visited (to them) in the hospital". It's stupid grammar and word order, I know, and it gets sillier when you use a direct object pronoun as well, but I won't go into that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know that, but on duo lingo it's making me use both in the same sentence!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

The brackets.
    That makes no sense. The él (if you're using it at all) should be before the los. The (a ellos) is there as grammatical clarification and would never actually be used in the sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    That makes no sense. The él (if you're using it at all) should be before the los. The (a ellos) is there as grammatical clarification and would never actually be used in the sentence.
    Good, because I thought it was stupid I understand it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.