The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I know that, but on duo lingo it's making me use both in the same sentence!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't use duolingo, because of the mistakes I found in the German. It would not surprise me if mirroring errors abound in other languages.
Original post by tess_rach
I couldn't wait until the very end of exams, so I bought it after English literature and read it over half term :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm halfway through it, the short chapters make you read way more I find!
Have you read any of his other works? :smile:
Original post by aasvogel
I'm halfway through it, the short chapters make you read way more I find!
Have you read any of his other works? :smile:

I've read Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code, The Lost Symbol, Inferno and Deception Point :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3923
I've read Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code, The Lost Symbol, Inferno and Deception Point :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you heard of Digital Fortress? It's another of his books, and I really like it.
Original post by Octopus_Garden
I don't use duolingo, because of the mistakes I found in the German. It would not surprise me if mirroring errors abound in other languages.

Hmmmm... It's still okay I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vionar
Have you heard of Digital Fortress? It's another of his books, and I really like it.

I have! I bought it from a charity shop but I haven't read it yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3926
I have! I bought it from a charity shop but I haven't read it yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should read it! Soon! Saying that, I'm builfing up a long list of books that I've been recommended but I never get around to reading them, as I either read vigorously or sparsely. Like a bipolar book disorder... :tongue:
Original post by Vionar
You should read it! Soon! Saying that, I'm builfing up a long list of books that I've been recommended but I never get around to reading them, as I either read vigorously or sparsely. Like a bipolar book disorder... :tongue:

I'm building up a list too - last week I read all 7 Narnia books back to back, simply because I've left school and I can :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3928
I'm building up a list too - last week I read all 7 Narnia books back to back, simply because I've left school and I can :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek: How did you manage that! :eek4: Well done though! :biggrin: I think I'll be doing a lot of reading over the summer holidays!
Original post by Vionar
:eek: How did you manage that! :eek4: Well done though! :biggrin: I think I'll be doing a lot of reading over the summer holidays!

I've always been a really fast reader, don't judge me :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh very good! That's all but one, I've read them all :biggrin: (well I haven't finished Inferno yet but the previous ones :tongue:)
Reply 3931

Posted from TSR Mobile

So have I, which I why I can read books in very short periods of time, but other times, I forget about reading them for weeks! :eek:
Reply 3932

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel like I read really slowly, like I try to absorb all the meanings as I read something and have to take it slowly to check I'm not missing anything. Though I presume I actually read at an OK speed - I've had quite enough practice over the years!
Reply 3933
Original post by Ronove
I feel like I read really slowly, like I try to absorb all the meanings as I read something and have to take it slowly to check I'm not missing anything. Though I presume I actually read at an OK speed - I've had quite enough practice over the years!

I do that sometimes, most of the time I read quickly, but occasionally I'll reread sentences three times or something! But I did sit with a book on the same page for about five/ten minutes once because I didn't want the book/the life of a character to end! :sad:
J'ai gagné trente livres (£) dans deux jours :awesome:
You've won 30 books in 2 days?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or possibly earned £30 in two days...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I kid, I kid

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Obiejess

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that! Making galleries :moon:
Original post by Octopus_Garden

I believe that ones been rectified :tongue: besides, it was still on beta when it first opened to the public :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending