Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AquisM)
    Yeah, I was quite taken aback by that word that I hit my head on the closet behind me. :p:p
    Trató de mi mejor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Called him a word :ahee: and I have ten points already...

:mmm:
    Oh I understand!

:rofl:

Thanks! But I thought piacere conjugates according to the thing that is 'liked', not the person that likes it, no?

Of course, as I do with Italian. 你喜欢学汉语吗?

Ikr, why was he even there commenting if he hates languages so much? :confused:
    Oh, it probably does :shifty: I asked myself that question, then checked Verbix and decided that 'piacciono' meant 'they like'... Awkward. :lol:

是! The only other things that I can remember off the top of my head are 你忙不忙?, 我要鸡蛋炒饭 (I did a menu course on Memrise), 谢谢 and 我叫埃米莉

Yeah, I know! Either like and learn languages, or don't come on this particular forum

ReputationRep:
    Trató de mi mejor
    Traté... but it doesn't like that. Tratar de must be followed by an infinitive - it can't exist on its own. I Googled and found on WordReference that a good corresponding Spanish phrase would be dar lo mejor de uno mismo - literally to give the best of oneself. So I tried my best would be Di/He dado lo mejor de mí mismo.

ReputationRep:
    Traté... but it doesn't like that. Tratar de must be followed by an infinitive - it can't exist on its own. I Googled and found on WordReference that a good corresponding Spanish phrase would be dar lo mejor de uno mismo - literally to give the best of oneself. So I tried my best would be Di/He dado lo mejor de mí mismo.
    I try, not tried

Aah, Di/He?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyJayne14)
    是! The only other things that I can remember off the top of my head are 你忙不忙?, 我要鸡蛋炒饭 (I did a menu course on Memrise), 谢谢 and 我叫埃米莉
    Haha that's quite a... strange collection of phrases to remember. Do you love fried rice with egg a lot?

If you don't mind me correcting you a teeny "error", in Chinese normally we answer questions using the verb that is used in the question, so we would answer Do you like learning Chinese with 喜欢 or 不喜欢, rather than 是 or 不是.

ReputationRep:
    I try, not tried
    Ah, then there shouldn't be an accent.

Aah, Di/He?
    Di - preterite (dar is irregular)
    He dado - present perfect

ReputationRep:
    Ah, then there shouldn't be an accent.

Di - preterite (dar is irregular)
    He dado - present perfect
    Oops
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Haha that's quite a... strange collection of phrases to remember. Do you love fried rice with egg a lot?

If you don't mind me correcting you a teeny "error", in Chinese normally we answer questions using the verb that is used in the question, so we would answer Do you like learning Chinese with 喜欢 or 不喜欢, rather than 是 or 不是.
    Yeah, I know!! I thought 'yao' was 'want'? It was just one of the phrases that I learnt

Thanks for the correction! That's something that my friend didn't tell me (she's from Singapore, and her second language is Mandarin, so she was helping me learn)

ReputationRep:
    Spanish:

I am crazy for your lips :ahee:
    Estoy loco por tus labios :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    And

Ellos encontraron su cuerpo en la playa :eek: lol

ReputationRep:
    teach me spanish
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    The only spanish I ever need to know, Una Dorada, por favor

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wag12k12dunkno)
    teach me spanish
    Use Duolingo, it's free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyJayne14)
    Yeah, I know!! I thought 'yao' was 'want'? It was just one of the phrases that I learnt
    Yao is want. I was just wondering if you liked it a lot since you remembered the phrase haha.

Thanks for the correction! That's something that my friend didn't tell me (she's from Singapore, and her second language is Mandarin, so she was helping me learn)
    You're welcome, I'm glad to be of help. Yeah, because it's so natural for a native/good speaker, we sometimes forget to teach little details like that. Anyway, now you know.

ReputationRep:
    Use Duolingo, it's free
    cheers man its good im using that and the bbc interactive how long u been learning spanish how many hours a day u do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wag12k12dunkno)
    cheers man its good im using that and the bbc interactive how long u been learning spanish how many hours a day u do?
    I don't do it.continuously, it's like whenever I flick up the iPad or come here and try some out

ReputationRep:
    㿪女友巿娥

:reel:

ReputationRep:
    Voglio imparare cinesi* parce que j'ai trouvé un clavier pour ça.... :ahee: pienso que me gusta español más que la francés...

Obviously, I can't speak it as well... But it's nice

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, well you had numbers on them so I didn't know which one...

Ftr I had to type "sigue Spanish book"
    You telling me you don't get this when you search for just 'sigue'? I didn't tell you to specifically search for 'sigue' for a laugh, you know.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...keywords=sigue

ReputationRep:
    Voglio imparare cinesi* parce que j'ai trouvé un clavier pour ça.... :ahee: pienso que me gusta español más que la francés...

Obviously, I can't speak it as well... But it's nice
    Te lo insegno io!

㿪女友巿娥

:reel:
    What's that supposed to say?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.