Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    You telling me you don't get this when you search for just 'sigue'? I didn't tell you to specifically search for 'sigue' for a laugh, you know.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...keywords=sigue
    :mmm: I ordered a book...
    (Original post by AquisM)
    Te lo insegno io!

What's that supposed to say?
    :nothing: I just made it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantmeowage)
    Hahaha well you've probably done a lot more work than I have so I trust you Ah, I've heard of the Blue Banana goes through England, Holland, the Ruhr, and Italy right? I've also heard that the dialects can also be heard a bit more in the south, like Neapolitan, because standard Italian is taken from old Tuscan...?
    Denmark has a rotten banana. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    :mmm: I ordered a book...

:nothing: I just made it up
    Oh right hahahahahaha I thought it was a sentence or something and I sat there trying to figure it out.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right hahahahahaha I thought it was a sentence or something and I sat there trying to figure it out.
    What did each character mean?
    I have no idea how to learn or start Spanish...

ReputationRep:
    Add me on Duolingo, gilo98!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    Okay

I'm lepoissonmal
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yao is want. I was just wondering if you liked it a lot since you remembered the phrase haha.

You're welcome, I'm glad to be of help. Yeah, because it's so natural for a native/good speaker, we sometimes forget to teach little details like that. Anyway, now you know.
    :lol: No, I have no idea why I remember it

Yeah, I know what you mean

The answer to everything at the minute... Duolingo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyJayne14)
    :lol: No, I have no idea why I remember it

Yeah, I know what you mean

The answer to everything at the minute... Duolingo
    I,meant Chinese :lol:

ReputationRep:
    㿪 - never seen this word before: according to the Kangxi Dictionary it is a kind of skin disease
    女 - woman/girl/female
    友 - friend (女友 is girlfriend)
    巿 - city
    娥 - beautiful woman (uncommon/dated word)

But I thought you've started?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Added you! I'm EmyyyEmerald

ReputationRep:
    㿪 - never seen this word before: according to the Kangxi Dictionary it is a kind of skin disease
    女 - woman/girl/female
    友 - friend (女友 is girlfriend)
    巿 - city
    娥 - beautiful woman (uncommon/dated word)

But I thought you've started?

Chinese I mean

ReputationRep:
    Added you too, I am AquisM.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I,meant Chinese :lol:
    Oh. Well it would be a start to get the language right

Duolingo need to add Chinese!!

I've been using about.com for grammar examples, and Memrise for vocab. They have HSK word lists so I've been using them

ReputationRep:
    Chinese I mean
    Ah right. Yes, Chinese can be quite daunting, since every character seems to have 1092837 uses depending on context and have 1028457202849127129 homophones.

ReputationRep:
    Oh. Well it would be a start to get the language right

Duolingo need to add Chinese!!

I've been using about.com for grammar examples, and Memrise for vocab. They have HSK word lists so I've been using them
    Ah right. Yes, Chinese can be quite daunting, since every character seems to have 1092837 uses depending on context and have 1028457202849127129 homophones.
    No idea how to start...pronouns?

ReputationRep:
    That would be a good place to start. I suppose the pronunciation is the thing that foreigners hate most, especially the tones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantmeowage)
    Oh wow :eek: is it a nice city to live in? I know it's built near a supervolcano, but is it pretty and quintessentially Italian?
    I'm actually not really from Naples, just an hour away from there - a tiny village near Benevento. But we've got the same History, culture, lifestyle, etc ..
    Naples is a pretty nice city to live in in general : amazing food and culture, beautiful places, lots of things to do. But right now it's going through a rough patch, like the rest of Southern Italy .. it's super dirty, there's trash literally everywhere that's a real shame, it used to be so beautiful ... (the richer areas of the city are still very clean though)
    :rolleyes:
    Wow, that's awesome!! Is there much difference between Neapolitan and standard Italian?? (I'm assuming you speak both)
    The vocabulary is completely different - it's a mix between Spanish, Portuguese and Italian. The accent, the vocab and the idioms make it really hard for Italian speakers to understand it - in fact, they usually don't. When I go to Milan to visit my family and I say stuff in my dialect, they have no idea what I'm saying :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    That would be a good place to start. I suppose the pronunciation is the thing that foreigners hate most, especially the tones.
    I'll start next summer then
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    我不喜歡中國。我喜歡 國。

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bambirina)
    The vocabulary is completely different - it's a mix between Spanish, Portuguese and Italian. The accent, the vocab and the idioms make it really hard for Italian speakers to understand it - in fact, they usually don't. When I go to Milan to visit my family and I say stuff in my dialect, they have no idea what I'm saying :rolleyes:
    Woah, didn't think it would be that different! It's like a whole other language then! :eek:

I just started by doing vocab stuff. In fact, I did that before I'd even decided to learn Chinese properly

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.