The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Heyy, you guys really seem to talk a lot about duolingo and I was wondering what kind of level is it suitable for? is it only really for learning new languages or is it good for languages you already know a fair bit of? Also, I've read a lot of you slating the Italian version, is it really that bad? Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by Moscardini
Heyy, you guys really seem to talk a lot about duolingo and I was wondering what kind of level is it suitable for? is it only really for learning new languages or is it good for languages you already know a fair bit of? Also, I've read a lot of you slating the Italian version, is it really that bad? Thanks! :biggrin:

It's good for vocab as well. If you're finding it too easy, you can test out or unlock higher levels so it's suitable I think for all :wink:

Italian... :lol: the Audio is ****..
It's brilliantly for all levels, you can revise the basics and do more advanced stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
It's good for vocab as well. If you're finding it too easy, you can test out or unlock higher levels so it's suitable I think for all :wink:

Italian... :lol: the Audio is ****..

It's not the best, but the rest of Duolingo for Italian is perfectly usable :tongue:
Original post by constantmeowage
It's not the best, but the rest of Duolingo for Italian is perfectly usable :tongue:

But the audio is crap... Like unworthy
Reply 4725
I just joined Duolingo and I'm already sick of the German. So few of the English 'correct' answers are natural or correct translations. Sigh.
Original post by Ronove
I just joined Duolingo and I'm already sick of the German. So few of the English 'correct' answers are natural or correct translations. Sigh.

:lol:

Try some Spanish :colone:
Reply 4727
:lol:

Try some Spanish :colone:

I did, it's better. :smile:
Original post by Ronove
I did, it's better. :smile:

Das ist gut :colone:

What's your username?

You're level 10,10, 5 already?:emo:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ronove

Have they at least screened out 'kein'/'nicht ein' thing yet? I thought they got rid of that... :L what have you encountered?
Level 6 for Spanish.

pero no puedo relajárme :frown:
Reply 4731
Original post by Ronove

I followed you :tongue: EmyyyEmerald

And yes, I found that a little when I first started Italian and French!
Reply 4732
Original post by Ronove

I found that...cba with it :frown:

Hacker!!
Original post by Gilo98
I found that...cba with it :frown:

Hacker!!

:rofl:

Or she skipped it all :redface: with her higher level knowledge :teehee:
Reply 4734
:rofl:

Or she skipped it all :redface: with her higher level knowledge :teehee:

You can skip things?? :eek: so i just put myself through an hour of crappy l'homme, la fille, la pomme and la chat for no good reason?! :mad:

and oh...LEVEL 2 FRENCH!! :banana:
Reply 4735
Original post by Gilo98
You can skip things?? :eek: so i just put myself through an hour of crappy l'homme, la fille, la pomme and la chat for no good reason?! :mad:

Yeah, didn't you notice? :tongue:

Get you :wink:
Reply 4736
Original post by EmilyJayne14
Yeah, didn't you notice? :tongue:

Get you :wink:

Level three here we go!!
Reply 4737
Original post by Gilo98
Level three here we go!!

Haha, I'm mainly trying to make my Spanish, Italian and French be on the same level before I continue with either :wink:

Oh, and I'm trying to get to the interesting topics :tongue:
Original post by Gilo98

Yeah, I'm testing out of each one so I practice them but not every exercise
Reply 4739
Das ist gut :colone:

What's your username?

:colone: I'm finding it pretty odd that you're level 10 in Spanish as well. No offence. :tongue:

Original post by constantmeowage
Have they at least screened out 'kein'/'nicht ein' thing yet? I thought they got rid of that... :L what have you encountered?

I must've skipped the kein/nicht ein part, so no idea. It's mainly been a bit of word order, a bit of tense usage and some pure translation issues (eg accepting 'in shape', and 'in form' but not 'on form' for 'in Form'. There's no such thing as 'in form'!).

Latest

Trending

Trending