Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantmeowage)
    Beispielebeispielebeispiele?
    You just want to feel smug!

Firstly, I found out that it is "es IST passiert/geschehen/gelungen" etc and why.

Then I discovered something that really frustrated me, because I should have got it. When ein is used as a pronoun, it declines like der. All this time, I have been using "keiner ist zufrieden/Superman" but I never thought about why. I picked up appropriate use from reading for [I]keiner[/] alone. And thus I never realised, consciously or otherwise, about the existence of [I]einer[I].

It's bloody used in the text of the AS textbook, and I never noticed, never mind asked about it!

Thirdly, as jeder=every, each, it doesn't have a plural. I'm sure I've been casually chucking "jede" this, that and the other about, throughout my essays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Pour le moment je voudrais étudier un diplôme en droit à Cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quel subjet tu voudrais étudier?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    *Sujet
    La loi

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octopus_Garden)
    You just want to feel smug!

Firstly, I found out that it is "es IST passiert/geschehen/gelungen" etc and why.

Then I discovered something that really frustrated me, because I should have got it. When ein is used as a pronoun, it declines like der. All this time, I have been using "keiner ist zufrieden/Superman" but I never thought about why. I picked up appropriate use from reading for [I]keiner[/] alone. And thus I never realised, consciously or otherwise, about the existence of [I]einer[I].

It's bloody used in the text of the AS textbook, and I never noticed, never mind asked about it!

Thirdly, as jeder=every, each, it doesn't have a plural. I'm sure I've been casually chucking "jede" this, that and the other about, throughout my essays.
    No I just wanted to see how much I've forgotten

ReputationRep:
    *Sujet
    La loi

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oups.
    Ah intéressant. Je ne sais pas ce que je voudrais faire :/.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Oups.
    Ah intéressant. Je ne sais pas ce que je voudrais faire :/.
    Tu es vraiment bien avec les langues, donc, de sorte que tu peut faire beaucoup d'emplois

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Come on, if this is stuff you knew, that has merely slipped your mind somewhat since the exams (and I bet it is), then you do get to feel smug.

And I bet you are, too.

ReputationRep:
    Tu es vraiment bien avec les langues, donc, de sorte que tu peut faire beaucoup d'emplois

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Merci! Tu est aussi .
    J'aimerais étudier un sujet avec Français... peut-être Les Mathèmatiques (mais ce n'est pas offerte par Oxbridge :/ )
    Beaucoup de décisions!

(aussi, ma cousine va étudier Le Loi à Cambridge ce septembre
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Merci! Tu est aussi .
    J'aimerais étudier un sujet avec Français... peut-être Les Mathèmatiques (mais ce n'est pas offerte par Oxbridge :/ )
    Beaucoup de décisions!

(aussi, ma cousine va étudier Le Loi à Cambridge ce septembre
    Pardon, c'est Tu es.

Mais, merci beaucoup et bonne nuit.

Aussi, puis-je demander à voir la déclaration personnelle de votre cousin?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyJayne14)
    Because Italian is an extra language at my school, we kept almost having clashes with our French and Italian CAs :L But they usually manage to make sure that there aren't any clashes, we have quite a few dual linguists At least French and German are significantly different, rather than doing sonething like Spanish and Italian CAs at the same time!

That's annoying I don't have the app on my phone, only on my iPod, and I can't get mobile Internet on there, so... I might have to download it

Stick with it- progression at the start seems slow but after a period of time you can really see the improvement

Sounds awesome! My friend managed to get me a 3 inch thick, very detailed Italian dictionary for free on work experience!! It even has colour shades and flags and labelled pictures (e.g of power tools, and other random things) in English and Italian!! I'll probably never use half of it, but still!

Ah okay, I think I've heard that somewhere before!! Thank you for reminding me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooh that sounds good! I was actually at another wee bookshop (I say shop, it was in the parish hall trying to get rid of books!) and found a proper Italian dictionary which was going to be dumped so I could have it for free. The only problem was, I would have had to carry it around as the car was locked and I had just started learning Italian so wasn't sure if I'd keep it up!So I never took it.
    But as far as I'm concerned, the Internet has everything!

ReputationRep:
    Pardon, c'est Tu es.

Mais, merci beaucoup et bonne nuit.

Aussi, puis-je demander à voir la déclaration personnelle de votre cousin?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Il prend trop de temps de réponder sur mon portable, je ne corrige pas mon erreurs aprés j'écris!
    Anyway... personal declaration? O.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octopus_Garden)
    Come on, if this is stuff you knew, that has merely slipped your mind somewhat since the exams (and I bet it is), then you do get to feel smug.

And I bet you are, too.
    Nope, I was only vaguely aware of the keiner thing I don't like feeling smug, it makes me feel annoying and unhelpful
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Il prend trop de temps de réponder sur mon portable, je ne corrige pas mon erreurs aprés j'écris!
    Anyway... personal declaration? O.o
    Rough translation of personal statement

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    Read this: http://resources.allsetlearning.com/...ammar/ASG17BLH

是 usually connects two nouns. There's no need for it if you are using a noun and an adjective. So you should say 中国很好. I think.
    (Original post by EmilyJayne14)
    Ah okay, I think I've heard that somewhere before!! Thank you for reminding me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kolya is right in that normally 是 is not needed to connect an adjective and a noun, but it is not wrong/impossible. You can use 是 an emphatic marker to reinforce the meaning. Compare these two sentences.

中国很好的。 China is good.
    中国是很好的! China is VERY good!

ReputationRep:
    Ich gehe heute mit der Bahn. Im Stadtzentrum sah ich einen Christlichen Missionar um viertel vor neun am vormittags!

Die Reise wird drei Uhr dauern. Ich habe meine deutschen Bücher vergessen. Ich habe nur Französische Bücher.

ReputationRep:
    Level 2 Portuguese on Duolingo. This is pretty fun although I don't think I'll have time to actually work on my Portuguese, so this might be useless ...
    I wish they had Chinese and/or Japanese.

ReputationRep:
    Rough translation of personal statement

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (je suis allé dormir)

Je n'ai pas sa (personal statement)! Alors, je ne sais pas ses résultats, seulement ses sujets!

ReputationRep:
    x

x
    I thought I'd pop up to say that there's no actual translation for " personal statement ". We just say it in English with a French accent, like : " j'ai fini d'écrire mon personal statement. Tu pourras le lire s'il-te-plaît ? "
    And " subject ", as in school subject, is " matière " in French.

ReputationRep:
    Should I start learning German? I notice that a few people are starting German on DuoLingo, and I'm wondering whether I should join them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bambirina)
    I thought I'd pop up to say that there's no actual translation for " personal statement ". We just say it in English with a French accent, like : " j'ai fini d'écrire mon personal statement. Tu pourras le lire s'il-te-plaît ? "
    And " subject ", as in school subject, is " matière " in French.

Oh interesting, thank-you! Do you need one applying to French universities?
    Ah whoops! I should have known that I did it enough times this year. ~_~

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.