The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aasvogel
Bonjour et bienvenue!
Nous pouvons t'aider :smile: .

Bonjour! Merci beaucoup, tu est tres genereux! je ne comprends pas comment on à apprendre la grammaire dans francais. il y a beaucoup des elements de memoriser. En plus je ne peux pas parler bien meme si je apprends cette langue pour 6 annees!!!

c'est tres difficile pour moi!!ou je suis tres stupide XD
Original post by thatitootoo
Hmmm more than I can say atm...and I'm going to fast track the entire A-level next year in an attempt to get into uni. Quite frankly, muss ich mein Scheisse erledigen! :tongue:
Ich stimme mit dem zu!
Ah Duolingo!
From anodyne philosophical remarks (“alles ist relativ” and “nichts ist relativ”) to the grammatically odd/wrong (“Deine Füße sehen aus wie Tiere”?!) through the absolutely bizarre (alles wegen einer Orange?) and personal remarks (solange du nicht mein Arzt bist)!

Oh and ich will keine Therapie.

EDIT: WTF? It thinks "I have no lust" is an acceptable translation for "ich habe keine Lust"! According to my gorgeous Langenscheidt and dict.cc, that is a potential usage of the German Lust, but I think that is an interpretation that should only be made in quite specific contexts! As opposed to the general sentence ich habe keine Lust.
(edited 10 years ago)
I've written an article with some tips for self-teaching languages if anybody's interested. I only started teaching myself Italian this summer.
http://decree900.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/how-to-teach-yourself-a-language-2/
Right now I'm just struggling to maintain my French over the long summer!
Original post by Ąямєиίєζ
Bonjour! Merci beaucoup, tu est tres genereux! je ne comprends pas comment on à apprendre la grammaire dans francais. il y a beaucoup des elements de memoriser. En plus je ne peux pas parler bien meme si je apprends cette langue pour 6 annees!!!

c'est tres difficile pour moi!!ou je suis tres stupide XD

Votre français ici est très bon!
Je suis différent parce que j'aime le grammaire, mais il peut-être dificile! . :colondollar:
C'est le prèmiere chose que j'apprends en apprenant une langue nouvelle!
Tu n'es pas bête! :redface:
Original post by Mountain Man
I've written an article with some tips for self-teaching languages if anybody's interested. I only started teaching myself Italian this summer.
http://decree900.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/how-to-teach-yourself-a-language-2/
Right now I'm just struggling to maintain my French over the long summer!

Really interesting read.
I've also set about self-teaching myself Italian, with the target of being good GCSE standard by September and I feel I'm making good progress! Been learning for about two weeks now.
I started my learning with grammar - articles and the 4 main tenses. (present, perfect, imperfect and future). Then I downloaded an app with lots of vocab, split into topics and also joined DuoLingo to build vocab and cement grammar. I have notes on my phone to look at when I'm bored and do the same with the app. I'm really enjoying the challenge and it's spurred me on to try it again with Portuguese when I'm finished. I also find a knowledge of Spanish and French helps no end and has made the task a whole lot easier.
Just interesting to see how other learners approach it. :smile:
Really interesting read.
I've also set about self-teaching myself Italian, with the target of being good GCSE standard by September and I feel I'm making good progress! Been learning for about two weeks now.
I started my learning with grammar - articles and the 4 main tenses. (present, perfect, imperfect and future). Then I downloaded an app with lots of vocab, split into topics and also joined DuoLingo to build vocab and cement grammar. I have notes on my phone to look at when I'm bored and do the same with the app. I'm really enjoying the challenge and it's spurred me on to try it again with Portuguese when I'm finished. I also find a knowledge of Spanish and French helps no end and has made the task a whole lot easier.
Just interesting to see how other learners approach it. :smile:

I think I've gone about it in a similar way, starting with articles and the present tense, and looking at pronouns. It definitely helps having experience of learning a language, as you understand how grammar works. Although sometimes I wonder if I should be learning how I was first taught French - learning to say where you live and describing your family etc. first. We'll see how it goes :smile:

I haven't heard of DuoLingo, are you finding it useful?
I think I've gone about it in a similar way, starting with articles and the present tense, and looking at pronouns. It definitely helps having experience of learning a language, as you understand how grammar works. Although sometimes I wonder if I should be learning how I was first taught French - learning to say where you live and describing your family etc. first. We'll see how it goes :smile:

I haven't heard of DuoLingo, are you finding it useful?

I wonder that too! I had a good grasp of the basic grammar before realising I didn't know numbers days or months! :colondollar:
Yes I like it! There is quite a number of us on here who you use it and enjoy it so you're more than welcome to join us! I find it helps with vocab and some grammar, though I prefer learning the grammar all in one go so use other websites. DuoLingo would explain the grammar as you go along which means you can sometimes be switching between conjugating present tenses etc. But it is good and pretty competitive!
I wonder that too! I had a good grasp of the basic grammar before realising I didn't know numbers days or months! :colondollar:
Yes I like it! There is quite a number of us on here who you use it and enjoy it so you're more than welcome to join us! I find it helps with vocab and some grammar, though I prefer learning the grammar all in one go so use other websites. DuoLingo would explain the grammar as you go along which means you can sometimes be switching between conjugating present tenses etc. But it is good and pretty competitive!

Okay thanks, I'll take a look later! I found some YouTube videos with numbers and basic phrases, but I think I've forgotten them all already!
Votre français ici est très bon!
Je suis différent parce que j'aime le grammaire, mais il peut-être dificile! . :colondollar:
C'est le prèmiere chose que j'apprends en apprenant une langue nouvelle!
Tu n'es pas bête! :redface:

oh merci mon ami :smile: mais ne soyez pas decu :frown: . Mon ecriture serait bon mais je ne peux pas parler cette langue.
Comment? la grammaire est tres ennuyeuse, non? Quelle etes votre motivation? Je voudrais etre comme toi-meme!
Okay thanks, I'll take a look later! I found some YouTube videos with numbers and basic phrases, but I think I've forgotten them all already!

Have you started with a syllabus or a textbook or anything like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sigue...

What do I actually learn from it? Should I be able to read it with ease? :redface:
Original post by sunfowers01
Have you started with a syllabus or a textbook or anything like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found a text book which I've been using, called Da Capo. But mainly I've been looking up grammar points on about.com and this website which I believe L'Evil Fish suggested http://speak7.com/
I found a text book which I've been using, called Da Capo. But mainly I've been looking up grammar points on about.com and this website which I believe L'Evil Fish suggested http://speak7.com/

Ah yes, that's a good website.

I also recommend this book:
Talk Italian Grammar

It's a BBC book, very good imo
Reply 5094
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Sigue...

What do I actually learn from it? Should I be able to read it with ease? :redface:

No, book 1 is AS level reading and book 2 is A2 level reading. Read, pick up grammar points, pick up vocabulary relevant to the topics you'll come across in the AS/A2, learn new phrases.
Original post by Ronove
No, book 1 is AS level reading and book 2 is A2 level reading. Read, pick up grammar points, pick up vocabulary relevant to the topics you'll come across in the AS/A2, learn new phrases.

That's okay then, I understand most of it but vocab I need to expand :smile:
Original post by Ąямєиίєζ
oh merci mon ami :smile: mais ne soyez pas decu :frown: . Mon ecriture serait bon mais je ne peux pas parler cette langue.
Comment? la grammaire est tres ennuyeuse, non? Quelle etes votre motivation? Je voudrais etre comme toi-meme!

Puis, c'est bon que seulement nous lisons ici!
Je ne sais pas! Je pense que c'est parce qu'il me donne la capacité à construire mes propre phrases
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Vionar
You can say much much more than me! What are you on this time! :tongue: Good luck with that, even though I can't keep track of what exactly you'll be doing - you change your mind every week! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Changed mee mind about fast-track :tongue:
Reply 5098
Original post by thatitootoo
Changed mee mind about fast-track :tongue:

Again? :tongue: It wouldn't surprise me if you changed it, again! :tongue:
Original post by Vionar
Again? :tongue: It wouldn't surprise me if you changed it, again! :tongue:

:yep: It's not about university right now, it's about the right university now :wink:
VIONAR IS STOUT GEWEEST
WARNING POINTS
Typische DEMIGOD :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending