The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tess_rach
I haven't been learning for much longer - less than a month :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm on my phone atm so will have to see if I can find it again online later tonight. I don't think it should be too hard to find, if I can't find it I can email it to you?
They sound great! I'll have a look and see if I can get one! I'm gonna be so prepared for French haha.

How's your progress with Italian coming along? :smile:
Original post by aasvogel
I'm on my phone atm so will have to see if I can find it again online later tonight. I don't think it should be too hard to find, if I can't find it I can email it to you?
They sound great! I'll have a look and see if I can get one! I'm gonna be so prepared for French haha.

How's your progress with Italian coming along? :smile:

Ok, let me know if you can't find it :smile: and my italian's coming along nicely, I can say possibly the most important phrase: "Io non parlo italiano molto bene" ("I can't speak Italian very well"!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, let me know if you can't find it :smile: and my italian's coming along nicely, I can say possibly the most important phrase: "Io non parlo italiano molto bene" ("I can't speak Italian very well"!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turns out it's easily found: http://robinonawire.wordpress.com/2011/05/28/my-consolidated-gcse-revision-types-of-schools/

The documents should be under the vocab bit, though there is lots of stuff there!

Credo che il mio Italiano è (improving).
Turns out it's easily found: http://robinonawire.wordpress.com/2011/05/28/my-consolidated-gcse-revision-types-of-schools/

The documents should be under the vocab bit, though there is lots of stuff there!

Grazie mille :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Credo che + subj, remember! :smile: Here, (admittedly without the native expertise of Bambirina), I reckon we just want the verb to improve (oneself) in the present subjunctive so:

Credo che il mio Italiano si migliori (si migliori coming from migliorarsi, to improve oneself - here, I'm thinking we need the si because we're not talking about who is improving the Italian, it's just improving, so we have to say that it is improving itself (from my knowledge of how it works in other languages, but I may be wrong soooo Bambirina help please!).

EDIT: it has just occurred to me that you probably haven't learnt that yet :tongue: just remember credo che + subj and ignore it until you get to the subjunctive :tongue: but then again, if you don't use it, it won't matter all that much so eh, do with this info what you will! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by constantmeowage
Credo che + subj, remember! :smile: Here, (admittedly without the native expertise of Bambirina), I reckon we just want the verb to improve (oneself) in the present subjunctive so:

Credo che il mio Italiano si migliori (si migliori coming from migliorarsi, to improve oneself - here, I'm thinking we need the si because we're not talking about who is improving the Italian, it's just improving, so we have to say that it is improving itself (from my knowledge of how it works in other languages, but I may be wrong soooo Bambirina help please!).

EDIT: it has just occurred to me that you probably haven't learnt that yet :tongue: just remember credo che + subj and ignore it until you get to the subjunctive :tongue: but then again, if you don't use it, it won't matter all that much so eh, do with this info what you will! :smile:

Is "Credo che" like "creo que" or "je crois que", so it means "I believe that"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is "Credo che" like "creo que" or "je crois que", so it means "I believe that"?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, exactly, but in Spanish and French, we don't use the subjunctive when it's a positive statement, and in Italian we do. :smile:

(Also we shouldn't have a capital on italiano, it's just my bloody autocorrect!)
Reply 5347
Yep, exactly, but in Spanish and French, we don't use the subjunctive when it's a positive statement, and in Italian we do. :smile:

(Also we shouldn't have a capital on italiano, it's just my bloody autocorrect!)

Constant, since you're so proficient in Italian (and online right now :tongue:), could you please give me a basic run through of ci and ne? They are driving me nuts on DuoLingo.
Original post by thatitootoo
x
eifersüchtig.

Ich muss auch hier bleiben. :hugs:

eh
Wer ist kanadisch nun?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Octopus_Garden
eifersüchtig.

Wer ist kanadisch nun?

Well that wasn't taken completely out of context :wink:

Original post by AquisM
Constant, since you're so proficient in Italian (and online right now :tongue:), could you please give me a basic run through of ci and ne? They are driving me nuts on DuoLingo.

http://www.uvm.edu/~cmazzoni/3grammatica/grammatica/ciene.html

That tells you more than I ever could :smile: sorry!
Reply 5350

http://www.uvm.edu/~cmazzoni/3grammatica/grammatica/ciene.html

That tells you more than I ever could :smile: sorry!

No worries. Grazie mille!
(edited 10 years ago)
Well that wasn't taken completely out of context :wink:
il fallait couper ta réponse. Otherwise, you might have had to re-read the whole thing to work out what I meant!

Indeed you have to use the subjunctive, and I would say " credo che il mio italiano stia migliorando ". :smile:
Original post by Bambirina
Indeed you have to use the subjunctive, and I would say " credo che il mio italiano stia migliorando ". :smile:

Oh, I didn't think that was needed :eek: thanks :smile:

(For the record, I guessed the 'si' bit because of how French and German use the verb to improve :L)
eifersüchtig.

Wer ist kanadisch nun?

That one gets me every time!! Well at least now that it's been brought to light, I won't misspell it again :tongue: and awwwwwwwwz, alles wird bald für uns ändern! :grin:
What A-level can I do I like to eat cakes
Original post by thatitootoo
What A-level can I do I like to eat cakes
German. Wir haben viele Stuecke Kuchen im deutschen Klassenzimmer gegessen.
German. Wir haben viele Stuecke Kuchen im deutschen Klassenzimmer gegessen.

Fertig! :mmm:
French.

Should verts sound like vair or vairt?
French.

Should verts sound like vair or vairt?

I'd say vair...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending