The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by constantmeowage
Formidable! ^^

Give me another example :colone:
From the fact that everyone ignored my previous post, I guess no-one speaks Polish :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5642
Original post by tess_rach
From the fact that everyone ignored my previous post, I guess no-one speaks Polish :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't see that post, but I don't speak Polish, do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5643
Quelqu'un que commencerai un GCSE de franncais l'anee prochaine?
Original post by Gilo98
Quelqu'un que commencerai un GCSE de franncais l'anee prochaine?

Je commencerai! Si tu veux dire par, 'l'année prochaine' comme Septembre cette année.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Marii101
Merci :colondollar: Je me sens fière lorsque je peux comprendre ce que vous ècrirons parce que on a l'air que tu est fluent en français. (N'est ce pas?)
Il ne s'agit pas de pourquoi j'ai décidé d'étudier le français, parce que ce n'est pas vrai que c'était moi-même qui ai décidé (can you even do that - putting 'ai décidé, I mean?). En fait, mon école a choisi, pas-moi. Mais j'ai décidé d'étudier le français en plus détail que et to a higher level que ce que nous apprenons au GCSE car -
(Sorry, I'm going to take a break from writing more in French because it's a bit tiring)
- I just seem to have a knack for French and I really enjoy exploring and learning another language. Thinking about how other people think in that language in the same way that I think in English just blows my mind and I think that it'd be a waste not to learn other languages when it can give me so many opportunities in the future. I don't think that I should go into too much detail because I might not be able to stop but I hope you get the gist of my reasons. :smile:

Oh and please correct me on this sentence, it just feels wrong:confused::
Il ne s'agit pas de pourquoi j'ai décidé d'étudier le français, parce que ce n'est pas vrai que c'était moi-même qui ai décidé .

De rien :smile: Awww tu m'a causé de ressentir très bon parce que je ne parle pas français couramment, je suis complètement anglais! :colondollar: Je l'étudiais jusqu'à il y a deux mois lorsque j'ai complété mon l'A-Level!
Ah je comprends mais je suis heureux que tu aies tombé en amour avec le français, c'est une belle langue.
Haha that's fine I'm a bit rusty seeing as I haven't used it much in the past two months, that's the great thing about this thread it keeps me in form!
I totally know what you mean about exploring languages, studying French (and to a lesser extent Italian) has helped me improve my analytical abilities due to the logic of grammar and how other languages tackle communication problems eg. Using 'on' or reflexive verbs in French :smile:

That sentence seems fine to me, no grammar mistakes and it makes perfect sense :biggrin:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Give me another example :colone:

Les problèmes auxquels nous sommes confrontés aujourd'hui pourraient exterminer l'humanité
The problems which we face today could exterminate humanity
Original post by Vionar
I didn't see that post, but I don't speak Polish, do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, but my assistant manager at work is Polish and she brings in magazines and stuff and puts them in the office and I want to understand them!! The only thing I can say is ćześć, which I think is hello.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Les problèmes auxquels nous sommes confrontés aujourd'hui pourraient exterminer l'humanité

Reply 5649
No, but my assistant manager at work is Polish and she brings in magazines and stuff and puts them in the office and I want to understand them!! The only thing I can say is ćześć, which I think is hello.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, I was hoping I could learn some from you! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BaconEmperor
De rien :smile: Awww tu m'a causé de ressentir très bon parce que je ne parle pas français couramment, je suis complètement anglais! :colondollar: Je l'étudiais jusqu'à il y a deux mois lorsque j'ai complété mon l'A-Level!
Ah je comprends mais je suis heureux que tu aies tombé en amour avec le français, c'est une belle langue.
Haha that's fine I'm a bit rusty seeing as I haven't used it much in the past two months, that's the great thing about this thread it keeps me in form!
I totally know what you mean about exploring languages, studying French (and to a lesser extent Italian) has helped me improve my analytical abilities due to the logic of grammar and how other languages tackle communication problems eg. Using 'on' or reflexive verbs in French :smile:

That sentence seems fine to me, no grammar mistakes and it makes perfect sense :biggrin:

WOW, your French is awesome! I hope that you'll continue with it until you become fluent! (Which seems to be in the near future, I think.:wink:) It's good that you joined the forum because there is no point in learning tonnes and tonnes of vocabulary and never putting it to practice. I've been using this Summer Holiday to engrave the GCSE vocabulary into my head and have thus-far learnt around 300+ words but joining the forum put my memory to the test and actually being able to use the vocab (and use it correctly) feels like the biggest accomplishment ever.:smile:
Original post by Vionar
Oh, I was hoping I could learn some from you! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm afraid not, I'm trying to find someone I can learn from!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5652
我学汉语因为未来在以后,我要住在中国,还是或者台湾。我认为汉语是一个很有用的语言,所以会帮我到工作。此外,我也认为中国的文化很有趣的,和我对中国的食物有兴趣。有很多原因很多,可是我想有兴趣是the most important (最重要的一个 - one of the most important).

A few corrections :smile:, but very good!

I'm glad you're interested in living in China/Taiwan in the future, I think you'll find it a nice place. :smile: 我反而比较喜欢西餐,意大利菜、法国菜什么的都喜欢。我不能吃辣的,而中国的四川菜、湖南菜、陕西菜都很辣的,所以我还是比较喜欢西餐。
Reply 5653
I'm afraid not, I'm trying to find someone I can learn from!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess it would've helped if I'd read the post! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5654
Je commencerai! Si tu veux dire par, 'l'année prochaine' comme Septembre cette année.

Peut-etre :mmm:
Original post by AquisM
A few corrections :smile:, but very good!

I'm glad you're interested in living in China/Taiwan in the future, I think you'll find it a nice place. :smile: 我反而比较喜欢西餐,意大利菜、法国菜什么的都喜欢。我不能吃辣的,而中国的四川菜、湖南菜、陕西菜都很辣的,所以我还是比较喜欢西餐。

谢谢!I'll write those new words down and be sure to learn them tomorrow!
真的吗?我爱吃辣的!红豆呢?我知道有红豆冰淇淋,可是不知道是好不好吃。

P.S. 还是 means 'Or', right? If so, when is it appropriate to use it? Why should I use 或者 instead?
(edited 10 years ago)

:facepalm:

'Dont' got me... So many places :lol:
Original post by Gilo98
Peut-etre :mmm:

Alors tu es en 3eme cet Septembre aussi?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ćześć is like 'salut' in French, it means hello and bye depending on the context :smile:
It's great that you're trying to learn Polish, it's a fantastically complex language and I hope to learn it one day once I've learnt Russian that is :biggrin: I know very very few words because I have a Polish friend who told me some basics and some other friends who told me swear words to annoy my Polish friend :tongue:

WOW, your French is awesome! I hope that you'll continue with it until you become fluent! (Which seems to be in the near future, I think.:wink:) It's good that you joined the forum because there is no point in learning tonnes and tonnes of vocabulary and never putting it to practice. I've been using this Summer Holiday to engrave the GCSE vocabulary into my head and have thus-far learnt around 300+ words but joining the forum put my memory to the test and actually being able to use the vocab (and use it correctly) feels like the biggest accomplishment ever.:smile:

Thanks you're too kind and I still have a long way to go! I definitely am gonna keep working on it though :biggrin: Yeah it also makes it easier to remember the words if you actually get the chance to use them in a real context, you have more dedication than I did in GCSE :tongue: I only really started making an effort in the Year 11 year but now I'm learning new French words everyday even though I don't actually have to :lol:
I'm glad that your finding this forum useful, I wish I'd used it more in Year11/12 :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5659
Alors tu es en 3eme cet Septembre aussi?

Posted from TSR Mobile

oui! pourtant j'ai commence un peu deja...kind of :P....et toi?? vous avez commnce un peu??

Latest

Trending

Trending