Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Je déteste un prof qui m'enseigne
    That sounds horrible. Why do you not like him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decerto)
    That sounds horrible. Why do you not like him?
    Her

She's horrid. Boring. Can't teach. Annoying. Whiny.

ReputationRep:
    Her

She's horrid. Boring. Can't teach. Annoying. Whiny.
    Sounds like my old geography teacher, but she isn't whiny, she was just never there or just sat on her laptop responding to emails. Luckily, for my AS in World Development, I get a new teacher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decerto)
    Sounds like my old geography teacher, but she isn't whiny, she was just never there or just sat on her laptop responding to emails. Luckily, for my AS in World Development, I get a new teacher.
    This one 'teaches' just badly.

ReputationRep:
    Well, ours never "taught", so I wouldn't know.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd let you all know- got an A in my French GCSE. Not bad for a one year course where the best students would get a C!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Thought I'd let you all know- got an A in my French GCSE. Not bad for a one year course where the best students would get a C!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice one! I'm starting a one year Italian course, I hope I can do that well :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just a word of warning: you need to be more careful about what you say about people at school and teachers, since I would say you're pretty easily identifiable. Don't want any awkward/embarrassing situations at any point!

Also, you seem to have missed AquisM's hint that you don't 'sais' people, you 'connais' them.

PS You'll be glad of your 2-hour free as soon as you've got to know some people.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats! That's an amazing feat! You must be very talented at languages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantmeowage)
    You could also have '...que je rigole ?' Rigoler means to fool or joke around
    Oh, okay. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    Just a word of warning: you need to be more careful about what you say about people at school and teachers, since I would say you're pretty easily identifiable. Don't want any awkward/embarrassing situations at any point!

Also, you seem to have missed AquisM's hint that you don't 'sais' people, you 'connais' them.

PS You'll be glad of your 2-hour free as soon as you've got to know some people.
    C'est vrai bien que si il y ait une personne qui utilise TSR puis, nous avons quelques choses * in common

Oh oui alors, see this anxiety and dreading school has deteriorated my French further!

Je l'espère...

ReputationRep:
    Je ne dois pas rester à lycée quand je n'ai pas les leçons? Parce que je finis a 1:30 demain...

No point staying till 3:40 is there?!:lolwut:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done! Will you contribute to the year ten thread now!?

ReputationRep:
    Je ne dois pas rester à lycée quand je n'ai pas les leçons? Parce que je finis a 1:30 demain...

No point staying till 3:40 is there?!:lolwut:
    You are made to stay? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    You are made to stay? :lolwut:
    I'm pretty sure we were made to stay for the first year until everyone complained enough to be allowed to leave an hour or two early if you had frees at the end of the school day, in Year 13. That was probably only because people had been allowed to leave previously and we had a new Head of Sixth when I started Year 12. Some places do have a policy of making you stay the whole day. The general idea I think is that a) they want you to be working during free periods and b) they can't keep track of who should be leaving and who shouldn't when people can just freely come and go (but then it was a fairly large school with multiple entrances and exits, a smaller one with a central entrance/exit would be easier to control).

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure we were made to stay for the first year until everyone complained enough to be allowed to leave an hour or two early if you had frees at the end of the school day, in Year 13. That was probably only because people had been allowed to leave previously and we had a new Head of Sixth when I started Year 12. Some places do have a policy of making you stay the whole day. The general idea I think is that a) they want you to be working during free periods and b) they can't keep track of who should be leaving and who shouldn't when people can just freely come and go (but then it was a fairly large school with multiple entrances and exits, a smaller one with a central entrance/exit would be easier to control).
    Whatever, I'm just gonna leave

(Original post by Krollo)
    Nice one! I'm starting a one year Italian course, I hope I can do that well :ahee:
    Italian is easy, it's the body language that goes alongside that isn't so easy

ReputationRep:
    Suppose it differs then, my brothers college let him leave between lessons, go when he's finished his lessons for the day etc. but then he doesn't go to like a sixth form, school place. (dont know the proper names for the!) he goes to a 'standard' college

ReputationRep:
    I just found out the term 'Blighty' actually comes from Urdu :eek: That's one for the Christmas Party...

(Original post by constantmeowage)
    I just found out the term 'Blighty' actually comes from Urdu :eek: That's one for the Christmas Party...
    I always thought it came from Persian and Arabic...

Edit: Wiki agrees although it does also say it came from India too and Urdu is from India right so yeah :lol:

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.