Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octopus_Garden)
    To rephrase it in a more accurate manner, the issue isn't that he's smart and capable and you're not.

It's that he's already working at his full potential for right now, and you're not.
    Tbf, I could be doing a lot more, I just can't be bothered :mmm: but what I'm doing is by far enough!

You shout but I can't get personal lessons!

(Original post by thatitootoo)
    You are alreeady smart and capable though...Mummy Octopus wouldn't be of great use to yooh
    Go work!:fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AquisM)
    Well, I followed the British curriculum, so I'd say I did it around the same time as British students did. I think I was first introduced to basic algebra in Year 7 and did quadratics in Year 8. The local HK curriculum, however, is generally more advanced with respect to mathematics, so I suspect they start at Year 6 or even earlier. :eek:

P.S. What does einfach mean?
    Octopus knows that I missed out on a mathematical & general education, so she has been eager/determined to fix that for a while now

But YEAR 6!?! :zomg:

This is such reinforcement of the "Asians are good at maths" stereotype :rolleyes:

PS, I'm more familiar with Probability, Fractions, Percentages, etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Tbf, I could be doing a lot more, I just can't be bothered :mmm: but what I'm doing is by far enough!

Go work!:fuhrer:
    Aww this is so cute
    #inspired
    #Maths4All
    #NeverTooLate
    and all that

But algebra is just not relevant to me :dontknow:
    #Deutschüberalles

ReputationRep:
    Aww this is so cute
    #inspired
    #Maths4All
    #NeverTooLate
    and all that

But algebra is just not relevant to me :dontknow:
    #Deutschüberalles
    I don't care whether you love maths right now. The A/B in it is what is necessary.

ReputationRep:
    Octopus knows that I missed out on a mathematical & general education, so she has been eager/determined to fix that for a while now

But YEAR 6!?! :zomg:

This is such reinforcement of the "Asians are good at maths" stereotype :rolleyes:

PS, I'm more familiar with Probability, Fractions, Percentages, etc...
    While I for one don't like to feed stereotypes, I have to admit that "Asians are good at maths" is unfortunately very true. The difference becomes even greater at more advanced levels.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care whether you love maths right now. The A/B in it is what is necessary.
    Lol I love how you keep destroying his hopes of breaking free from maths.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I love how you keep destroying his hopes of breaking free from maths.
    :rofl2:
    Not only is AS Use of Maths worth up to 100 UCAS points, but I think the course itself will suit him over the year. If we can just deal with the initial problems and get him through the first month...

It focuses very much on practical, interesting uses of maths that he'll like.

ReputationRep:

He's trying to get out of personal tuition from a Oxbridge maths grad as well!

ReputationRep:
    He's trying to get out of personal tuition from a Oxbridge maths grad as well!
    :lolwut:

No-one reply to Thatittoo tomorrow if he doesn't show up!

#TeamPolyglotBoycott

ReputationRep:
    :rofl2:
    Not only is AS Use of Maths worth up to 100 UCAS points, but I think the course itself will suit him over the year. If we can just deal with the initial problems and get him through the first month...

It focuses very much on practical, interesting uses of maths that he'll like.
    Haha Agreed. Tootoo, work hard and good luck! At least you have Octo disciplining supporting you!

ReputationRep:

#TeamPolyglotBoycott
    BAHAAHA Can't rep you so here you go. :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    BAHAAHA Can't rep you so here you go. :gthumb:
    Haha, it's for his own good!

ReputationRep:
    By the way has anyone tried this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...ave-the-answer
    It said that I was creative and should consider music and dance degrees. LOL I can't even do a forward roll without panting.

ReputationRep:

#TeamPolyglotBoycott
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM
    LOL I just found out what that meant on Urban Dictionary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marii101)
    네, 저도 TTMIK은 좋은 웹사이트 것 같아요. 근데, 제가 더이상 한국말을 공부않아요, 그래서 이제 정말 어려워~ ㅋㅋㅋ >.<
    다른 언어 말 수 있을까요?

I hope I didn't make any mistakes.
    와! 한국어를 공부않지만 말 잘해요. 저는 대학교에 가스면, 중국어를 공부할 거예요. 한국의 드라마를 보세요? 이제, 제빵왕 김탁구 보고 있어요. 너무 재미있는데, 많이 단어 모르네요!

Ah Jesus, the biggest issue I have is trying to think in Korean, rather than thinking in English followed by a korean translation. Haha, I wouldn't know if you made a mistake. Out of interest, why have you stopped Korean?

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM
    Haha, c'est cool, en ce moment je pense en français... Sans l'anglais! C'est un peu difficile quand je ne sais pas un mot, mais au lieu d'essayer penser que d'un mot d'anglais, je ne pense rien...

Like, if I don't know the word for... Weird. I won't think the word weird in English, I just won't think of anything... But I don't know I don't know a word because I can't think of words I don't know!!!

Wow that's confusing...

ReputationRep:
    C'est difficile de pratiquer ma langue étrangère pendant mes études de Première Peut-être je pourrais faire mes devoirs de philosophie en français...et les mathématiques est une autre langue, non?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    C'est difficile de pratiquer ma langue étrangère pendant mes études de Première Peut-être je pourrais faire mes devoirs de philosophie en français...et les mathématiques est une autre langue, non?
    :mmm: oui, tu devrais écrire tes devoirs en anglais MAIS après tu as fini, tu le lis en français :yep:

Et oui, c'est vrai

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wasabi)
    와! 한국어를 공부않지만 말 잘해요. 저는 대학교에 가스면, 중국어를 공부할 거예요. 한국의 드라마를 보세요? 이제, 제빵왕 김탁구 보고 있어요. 너무 재미있는데, 많이 단어 모르네요!

Ah Jesus, the biggest issue I have is trying to think in Korean, rather than thinking in English followed by a korean translation. Haha, I wouldn't know if you made a mistake. Out of interest, why have you stopped Korean?
    ㅋㅋㅋㅋ, 고마워요. 그 드라마를 못 보였는데, 한국드라마를 너무 좋아요!!! 이제 주군의 태양 보고 있어요. 진짜 재미있어요. 제가 2일만 내에 12화 모든 보였었어요!! 제가 런닝맨도 봐요. 당신은 벌써 볼지 않아면, 꼭 봐야 돼요! (I don't even know if this makes sense but meh)

I stopped learning because I found that I didn't find it interesting anymore so I literally had no motivation whatsoever. However, that didn't make me loose interest in Korean stuff (Movies, dramas, music etc). Through watching shows and things like that, I'm still passively learning, like the word '벌써' I remember from a song I listened too. It's just that I don't actively immerse myself in learning te language I guess.

I switched to learning Chinese and absolutely love it. Hopefully if you get to study in that Uni you'll get to love it too.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.