The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Salut, mon français est très basique mais je vais essayer et écrit parce que j'espère que je vais améliorer avec les temps. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM
No problem! Let's begin

2x + 3y + 7x - 2y... the answer IS that simple. :biggrin: although the 1 can be omitted before y because if there is no coefficient 1 is assumed.

a* + 3a + 4 + a* + 7a - 5... you do the same thing as before, put the like terms together, except a* is different to a, despite them both having a. So a* + a* gives 2a*, 3a + 7a gives 10a and 4-5 = -1, so the final answer is 2a* + 10a -1

x(x + 4)... you simply have to multiply term in the brackets by x, so it becomes (x times x + 4 times x), or x* + 4x

2(3x+2) ... same principle, except now you have to do it to both brackets. So 2(3x+2) = (2 times 3x + 2 times 2) = 6x+4, and -2 (x+4) (note that the negative must be included) = (-2 times x + -2 times 4) = -2x -8. Now add all of them together and you get 6x+4-2x-8 = 4x-4

(x+3) (x-4)... now this gets a bit trickier. you have multiply each of the terms in the first bracket with each of the terms in the second bracket. I would draw a table like this

times x -4

x x* -4x

3 3x -12

So you multiply each term in the left column with each term in the top row, then you add them together. x*+3x-4x-12 = x*-x-12.

(x-3) (x-9)... same principle.

times x -9

x x* -4x

-3 -3x +27 (negative times negative = positive)

so x*-4x-3x+27 = x*-7x+27

(x+10)*... this is the same as (x+10)(x+10), then all you have to do is do the same thing as the previous two quesitons. See if you can do this yourself. :smile: If you need help, ask again. :wink:

The bold bit:
Aquismo Unlimited, HOW COULD YOU!? :zomg:
(edited 10 years ago)
The People Say Mathematik Is Good for Tootoo

Tootoo will do the Mathematik :biggrin:
Original post by JakeLee15
Salut, mon français est très basique mais je vais essayer et écrit parce que j'espère que je vais améliorer avec les temps. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bonjour! Je parle seulement de GCSE français niveau comme je suis en troisième, alors, nous pouvons apprendre mutuellement. Je peux corriger ce que vous avez écrit, il faut dire 'Je vais essayer écrire...' car 'écrire' est une verbe donc on le traduit comme 'to write'. Puisqu'il y a déjà la 'to' préposition, Il ne faut pas écrire 'et écrit'. :smile:
Original post by Marii101
Bonjour! Je parle seulement de GCSE français niveau comme je suis en troisième, alors, nous pouvons apprendre mutuellement. Je peux corriger ce que vous avez écrit, il faut dire 'Je vais essayer écrire...' car 'écrire' est une verbe donc on le traduit comme 'to write'. Puisqu'il y a déjà la 'to' préposition, Il ne faut pas écrire 'et écrit'. :smile:

Salut! Je veux te dire seulement que c'est en fait "je vais essayer d'écrire", parce qu'après on utilise "essayer" il faut dire aussi "de" avant le prochain verbe. :smile:
Mais ton français est très bon pour un élève en troisième, je ne pouvais pas écrire comme ça quand j'étais en troisième! Même quand j'ai prit mes GCSEs...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7805
Original post by thatitootoo
The bold bit:
Aquismo Unlimited, HOW COULD YOU!? :zomg:

Whoops, that was bad copying and pasting - forgot to change it. I'm sure can work out the correct answer for yourself
Original post by AquisM
Whoops, that was bad copying and pasting - forgot to change it. I'm sure can work out the correct answer for yourself

If my memory serves me right it was...x^2 -12x + 27

Guess I was taught by the best. :grin:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:lolwut:

No-one reply to Thatittoo tomorrow if he doesn't show up!

#TeamPolyglotBoycott :wink:

He's refusing to come along, but he gave us over nine hours' notice, so you're all still allowed to speak to him. :biggrin: Apparently he's not meeting us, because he's going to be doing his German homework.

I think there's a funny hole in this excuse...
(edited 10 years ago)
io posso parlare italiano, *mais aussi le français (maintenant j'étudie en France comme étudiante erasmus) *wo yao xué zhongguo, *yo entiendo un poco de espanol pero no lo hablo, *english is my mother tongue, *ich mochte deutsch sprechen aber ich habe alles vergessen...! *Mi piacerebbe tanto imparare anche il giapponese e il portoghese... *Si je réussissais je apprendrais aussi une autre langue plus rare, comme le Thailandais ou le vietnamien.

Italiano
Zhong guo
Français
Espanol
Deutsche
English

E poi/ensuite/peus/then/ranhou/dann...

Nihonjin
Phas'a
téng viet
Original post by Octopus_Garden
He's refusing to come along, but he gave us over nine hours' notice, so you're all still allowed to speak to him. :biggrin: Apparently he's not meeting us, because he's going to be doing his German homework.

ehe yeah I am actually, no kidding!!
Original post by Octopus_Garden

Hmmm... :holmes:
Finding AS quite fun at the mo. Nice sixth formers in my class-the grammar and vocab is actually quite fun to learn. My only problem is all the lessons are in French!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Finding AS quite fun at the mo. Nice sixth formers in my class-the grammar and vocab is actually quite fun to learn. My only problem is all the lessons are in French!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky! I wish my teachers only spoke in French :tongue:

When they do, I actually understand them all at full speed, feels awesome!:sogood:

But then she sees not everyone understands so she speaks slower and slower until English comes out :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Lucky! I wish my teachers only spoke in French :tongue:

When they do, I actually understand them all at full speed, feels awesome!:sogood:

But then she sees not everyone understands so she speaks slower and slower until English comes out :tongue:

She's made a pledge that unless we're doing grammar it's full speed French only! Probably due to the fact there's only 4 people in our group so it's easy to explain individually if really necessary. Otherwise she'll just write the word we don't know and its translation on the board and carry on :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7814
She's made a pledge that unless we're doing grammar it's full speed French only! Probably due to the fact there's only 4 people in our group so it's easy to explain individually if really necessary. Otherwise she'll just write the word we don't know and its translation on the board and carry on :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only 4 people? How lucky! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM
Only 4 people? How lucky! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Means everyone knows what mistakes people make though :biggrin:. And means my school uniform is even more obvious amongst the hoodies :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7816
Means everyone knows what mistakes people make though :biggrin:. And means my school uniform is even more obvious amongst the hoodies :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, true. I'd also probably get busted for not doing homework due to my lazy nature. :tongue:

Why are you wearing uniform when you can wear casual clothes? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM
Ahh, true. I'd also probably get busted for not doing homework due to my lazy nature. :tongue:

Why are you wearing uniform when you can wear casual clothes? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cant wear cas. Im year 10!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aah, fair enough! I'd love a class that small :redface:
Reply 7819
I cant wear cas. Im year 10!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lolwut: But you're doinG AS French... in year 10... :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile