Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amaz)
    Quelqu'un peut-il suggérer des livres qu'on lirait peut-être en Terminale du lycée?
    Tu fais de la littérature française? Cool. Étant donné que je suis en section scientifique du Baccalauréat, je n'ai pas de littérature, moi. Mais cependant, j'ai une amie qui est en section littéraire du Bac. Voici une liste non-exhaustive des livres qu'il leur était demandé de lire :

Les Fleurs du Mal, Baudelaire
    Le Tartuffe, Molière
    Candide, Voltaire
    Madame Bovary, Gustave Flaubert
    La Condition Humaine, André Malraux

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine .)
    Tu fais de la littérature française? Cool. Étant donné que je suis en section scientifique du Baccalauréat, je n'ai pas de littérature, moi. Mais cependant, j'ai une amie qui est en section littéraire du Bac. Voici une liste non-exhaustive des livres qu'il leur était demandé de lire :

Les Fleurs du Mal, Baudelaire
    Le Tartuffe, Molière
    Candide, Voltaire
    Madame Bovary, Gustave Flaubert
    La Condition Humaine, André Malraux

Merci pour cette liste. Ma philosophie personelle est d'essayer mieux comprendre la culture française en arrivant à mieux comprendre la langue. Et la meilleure façon d'en apprendre plus sur la langue et sur ses complexités, c'est en lisant la litterature française, malgré que mon français soit au mieux pitoyable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amaz)
    Merci pour cette liste. Ma philosophie personelle est d'essayer mieux comprendre la culture française en arrivant à mieux comprendre la langue. Et la meilleure façon d'en apprendre plus sur la langue et sur ses complexités, c'est en lisant la litterature française, malgré que mon français soit au mieux pitoyable.
    Très bonne philosophie ! Et au passage, ton français est excellent.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    Chinese
    Spoiler:
    Show

french

thanks, the hardest part will be memorising it!!
    I meant topic silleh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    I meant topic silleh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Owww, erm my interests i think. but i reckon ive gone a bit off topic though
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    Owww, erm my interests i think. but i reckon ive gone a bit off topic though
    Ce n'est pas bien. How I got a B in one of my speakings :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ce n'est pas bien. How I got a B in one of my speakings :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Annoying because Ive had to take away some of my good bits that are off topic Can never seem to write stuff if i need to if you see what i mean

ReputationRep:
    :lol: The people in my AS German class now seem to be under the impression that I'm waaaaay better than I actually am...On the first day however, they all looked at me as if I was completely bonkers, when I revealed to them that this is indeed my first year learning German, whilst I was (loudly) munching on some doritos (Everyone else in the class has had some German since KS3.) But well, after I started speaking they realised "Oh that guy Tootoo: he is serious!" Now I need to improve my knowledge of zee cases, preferebly before they find out that Tootoo has been blagging it / deceiving them! xD

Are you enjoying AS French, Octopus?

ReputationRep:
    J'ai eu beaucoup de chance! Je n'ai pas fait mes devoirs d'aujourd'hui, mais heureusement il n'y a pas eu de classes aujourd'hui parce qu'il faisait très mauvais temps. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's my birthday soon, and I don't have a birthday list. What French textbooks should I be wanting?

thatitootoo French is fine, apart from the fact I don't understand French. And No, you're not allowed to get me anything for my birthday, and Yes, I have got you a little something that should be useful.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octopus_Garden)
    It's my birthday soon, and I don't have a birthday list. What French textbooks should I be wanting?

thatitootoo French is fine, apart from the fact I don't understand French. And No, you're not allowed to get me anything for my birthday, and Yes, I have got you a little something that should be useful.
    Mot à Mot - THE best book

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm about to order that on Amazon right now, I've heard so many good things about it. When people give their recommendations it always comes up!

I think I'm going to get "Action Grammaire" as well, that might be useful for grammar practice. Have you had any experiences with that?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Je l'ai ! I bought it to get through the GCSE! But it was a good suggestion- it's a very good book.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmmm, was thinking of getting this for GCSE what kind of stuff is in it?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Im not quoting you all but. No, haven't got Action Grammaire, thinking about it though. As for Mot à Mot It's a great book, I would highly recommend it for GCSE I wish I had known about it, perfect for CAs probably could have gotten an A* with it :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im not quoting you all but. No, haven't got Action Grammaire, thinking about it though. As for Mot à Mot It's a great book, I would highly recommend it for GCSE I wish I had known about it, perfect for CAs probably could have gotten an A* with it :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice one, might look at adding to the book collection then

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't dwell on that- I bought it at the start of my GCSE course and I got an A with it!

To be honest, I think the jump from 80% to 90% is very, very difficult in one-year GCSE courses. Especially languages. I've done four fast-track (Sept-May) GCSEs now, and I only managed to get over the A* boundary once, and that was a science.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Don't dwell on that- I bought it at the start of my GCSE course and I got an A with it!

To be honest, I think the jump from 80% to 90% is very, very difficult in one-year GCSE courses. Especially languages. I've done four fast-track (Sept-May) GCSEs now, and I only managed to get over the A* boundary once, and that was a science.
    Mmm. I think it was down mainly to two things:

1) Because I was in a fast track class we were all doing foundation stuff as we were meant to sit the foundation paper. Therefore, I had to try and learn all the higher stuff by myself.

2) During my speaking 2, I had prepared an amazing answer (if I do say so myself) with tonnes of A* stuff but my teacher cut me off before I got to the good bit. So I only got a B

At least I got an A hope to get the same in A level

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

BUT WE ZAGREED NO PREZSIES!!:mad:

But I don't desseve anything, I've been bad today

ReputationRep:
    Starting Spanish lessons tonight! I'm not sure what to expect though :s

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.