Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octopus_Garden)
    The lack of specifically-designed A-level textbooks for Italian is a known issue. Teachers complain about it!

Take joy in your uniqueness as a student!

You could try Living Italian as a generic grammatical textbook. The Living Languages books are fairly reliable.
    My teacher found it hard enough to find a GCSE Italian textbook :rolleyes: Which is silly because we're on Edexcel and they've done their own textbooks for all their other language GCSEs- apart from Italian, it seems!

Hmm, that sounds good, I'll have a look at it
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmyJ14)
    My teacher found it hard enough to find a GCSE Italian textbook :rolleyes: Which is silly because we're on Edexcel and they've done their own textbooks for all their other language GCSEs- apart from Italian, it seems!

Hey, if you ever become fluent- you could write one- looks like a good market opening :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Obiejess)
    Hey, if you ever become fluent- you could write one- looks like a good market opening :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is actually a great idea. When you become fluent Emy, you should write one and send me a free copy.

ReputationRep:
    Just downloaded the duolingo app and started to learn the basics of spanish
    Now I understand the hype.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

CCEA have NO A-Level language textbooks!

ReputationRep:

A-ha!

I've found something for you! C'est cher, mais...

http://www.hoddereducation.co.uk/Pro...=9780340968550

Here it is at WHSmith http://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/ed.../9780340968550

(WHsmith is a Quidco member. http://www.quidco.com)

ReputationRep:
    Any german books to help with CA and general bits? (Have Living German already octo )
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's actually a good idea! I'll try to remember it if I become fluent Although writing a textbook doesn't sound the funnest of tasks... :rolleyes:

(Original post by Decerto)
    That is actually a great idea. When you become fluent Emy, you should write one and send me a free copy.
    If I ever write one, I will

(Original post by aasvogel)
    CCEA have NO A-Level language textbooks!
    That must be irritating

(Original post by Octopus_Garden)
    A-ha!

I've found something for you! C'est cher, mais...

http://www.hoddereducation.co.uk/Pro...=9780340968550

Here it is at WHSmith http://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/ed.../9780340968550

(WHsmith is a Quidco member. http://www.quidco.com)
    Ah, I might end up getting that if I can't find anything else. I've seen it before, but really I was looking for one like the usual GCSE/A-Level language textbooks where it has content and practise activities as well as grammar. I've found a few that aren't A-Level but are of similar level, but they are sooo expensive

ReputationRep:
    That must be irritating
    We use the AQA one for French, which is pretty similar our teacher said. If/ when I go to self-teach Spanish, I might have to do the same.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    We use the AQA one for French, which is pretty similar our teacher said. If/ when I go to self-teach Spanish, I might have to do the same.
    Hmm, I guess that's all you can do really... I think each exam board should have their own textbook though
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I have my first Italian writing exam in a few hours... I hope it goes well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krollo)
    I have my first Italian writing exam in a few hours... I hope it goes well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope it goes well too

Buona fortuna!
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Duolingo has introduced this new tool for cross pudding language courses. Anyone interested?

http://incubator.duolingo.com

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Does this make sense? If not can you help rearrange the words so it does? I think it's wrong but im too tired to know....

chaque francais est allé au cinema trois fois en moyenne en 2005

Chaque is at the beginning and 2005 at the end btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krollo)
    Duolingo has introduced this new tool for cross pudding language courses. Anyone interested?

http://incubator.duolingo.com

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've applied to help with the English-Polish course. I'm actually excited. I hope they'll accept my application

Did you apply for anything?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delenelie)
    I've applied to help with the English-Polish course. I'm actually excited. I hope they'll accept my application

Did you apply for anything?
    French/Italian.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I'm living under a rock, learnng Dutch and German.
    Mir geht es sehr gut! :grin:

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying my degree in Spanish and Contemporary Chinese studies. Would say I have a lower advanced level of Spanish and beginner level in Chinese; they tell us we're now intermediate after 2 years but I'd call that a load of toddle.

Currently in Spain on the first leg of my year abroad and have taken up a module in beginners french, which I'll be studying here until February. I used to take it in school and still know the smallest quantity of words so I'm hoping this will bring the language back into viability as a third tongue to study.

My aim is to eventually be able to use 4 languages, including English, with confidence as part of my job; adding more later on at a lesser level for conversational/travel purposes. Languages are one of the only things I both was good at and enjoyed in school so naturally I'll be making a career using them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beige_Angel)
    I'm studying my degree in Spanish and Contemporary Chinese studies. Would say I have a lower advanced level of Spanish and beginner level in Chinese; they tell us we're now intermediate after 2 years but I'd call that a load of toddle.

Currently in Spain on the first leg of my year abroad and have taken up a module in beginners french, which I'll be studying here until February. I used to take it in school and still know the smallest quantity of words so I'm hoping this will bring the language back into viability as a third tongue to study.

My aim is to eventually be able to use 4 languages, including English, with confidence as part of my job; adding more later on at a lesser level for conversational/travel purposes. Languages are one of the only things I both was good at and enjoyed in school so naturally I'll be making a career using them
    Awesome! I'm going to start doing Spanish properly again in a couple of weeks... Italian too!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    C'est très ennuyeux d'être malade

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.