Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octopus_Garden)
    I can't remember. I know you omit the le with parler, but that's all. That sentence is just what came out this morning.

Constant? Bambirina? Someone?
    I was more the negation bit...

I think I've caught your illness through the virtual germs.

ReputationRep:
    just seen this post, thought i may as well boast of my lanuguage abilities

- Mirpuri
    - Punjabi
    - Urdu
    - English
    - Arabic
    - German
    - Latin

I would say I am fairly fluent in all of them

What would you guys say was the best language?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatitootoo)
    Too scared to go for a #2

And suddenly Octo's post about green snot looks real cute

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would like to take this opportunity to advise all UK residents that your risk of being bitten by a native snake can be greatly reduced by walking very heavily. Adders aren't interested in deliberately attacking humans, but they will bite defensively if you step on them. If you stomp about and make noise, they'll get the hell out of dodge before they get stepped on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibrarmamoon)
    just seen this post, thought i may as well boast of my lanuguage abilities

- Mirpuri
    - Punjabi
    - Urdu
    - English
    - Arabic
    - German
    - Latin

I would say I am fairly fluent in all of them

What would you guys say was the best language?
    None of the other languages I speak :emo:

And none all amazing

ReputationRep:
    'Catfish' est sur la tele!!

ReputationRep:
    I would like to take this opportunity to advise all UK residents that your risk of being bitten by a native snake can be greatly reduced by walking very heavily. Adders aren't interested in deliberately attacking humans, but they will bite defensively if you step on them. If you stomp about and make noise, they'll get the hell out of dodge before they get stepped on.
    noted

ReputationRep:
    Rarely listen to Dutch music, let alone '3JS'
    BUT

Stays so 'lief' !! :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I was more the negation bit...

I think I've caught your illness through the virtual germs.
    As I said, that's the bit I don't know.! Yay, eh?

Sorry about performing the role of virtual viral vector!
    (Original post by thatitootoo)
    I detect a missing "für"
    "Menschen die nicht für ihre exotische..." oder?
    Anyway "Ich stimme damit zu"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's a missing word, but it's not für. It's auf. There's also a missing letter. It should have been "auf ihre exotischen Tiere".

http://www.dict.cc/?s=aufpassen

ReputationRep:

There's a missing word, but it's not für. It's auf. There's also a missing letter. It should have been "auf ihre exotischen Tiere".

Dying here...

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard about this guy? I think he's just amazing and truly gifted! :eek: I would love to be able to speak several languages (mostly fluently) as well as he does. And I love how he changes his facial expression and tone of voice when switching languages! It's quite funny.

ReputationRep:

das wusste ich wirklich schon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It tolls for you)
    Have you heard about this guy? I think he's just amazing and truly gifted! :eek: I would love to be able to speak several languages (mostly fluently) as well as he does. And I love how he changes his facial expression and tone of voice when switching languages! It's quite funny.
    I first came across this a couple months ago. It made me take my french more seriously.

I figure if a 16 year old can be that great at 20 languages, I can at least do a few myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    I first came across this a couple months ago. It made me take my french more seriously.

I figure if a 16 year old can be that great at 20 languages, I can at least do a few myself.
    Yes, absolutely! If it's been done before by a 16 year old (I guess he's now a bit older) - it means you can also do it!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Question for anyone who does French- which is correct? (I'm doing a CA on Thursday, so I can't ask my teacher for help)

'... gens sympas qui sont m'aidé(e)'

Or '... gens sympas qui ont aidé moi'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmyJ14)
    Question for anyone who does French- which is correct? (I'm doing a CA on Thursday, so I can't ask my teacher for help)

'... gens sympas qui sont m'aidé(e)'

Or '... gens sympas qui ont aidé moi'

What are you trying to say? Also sympa stays sympa because it's shortened sympathiques
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What are you trying to say? Also sympa stays sympa because it's shortened sympathiques
    Maybe the whole sentence would be useful :mmm:

'Il y avait beaucoup de gens sympas [my French teacher marked that right and French is her first language, so now I'm a little confused ] qui sont m'aidée'. So 'there were lots of kind people who helped me' (it's talking about work experience)

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the whole sentence would be useful :mmm:

'Il y avait beaucoup de gens sympas [my French teacher marked that right and French is her first language, so now I'm a little confused ] qui sont m'aidée'. So 'there were lots of kind people who helped me' (it's talking about work experience)
    D'accord.

Il y avait beaucoup de gens gentils qui m'ont aidé.

Isn't it? Because the past participle doesn't change because the auxiliary verb isn't etre...

I'm really ill though, so I wouldn't trust myself.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    D'accord.

Il y avait beaucoup de gens gentils qui m'ont aidé.

Isn't it? Because the past participle doesn't change because the auxiliary verb isn't etre...

I'm really ill though, so I wouldn't trust myself.
    Euh, this is why I try and avoid reflexives. One of the only things I kinda struggle with grammar-wise :rolleyes:

On our past tense sheet it says that all reflexives follow etre? So 'qui me sont aidé'?

I hope you're better soon

ReputationRep:
    Euh, this is why I try and avoid reflexives. One of the only things I kinda struggle with grammar-wise :rolleyes:

On our past tense sheet it says that all reflexives follow etre? So 'qui me sont aidé'?

I hope you're better soon
    Reflexive? It's indirect objects

All reflexives are etre, but where's the reflexive?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Reflexive? It's indirect objects

All reflexives are etre, but where's the reflexive?
    eiwhfiudsfajilkdpsa I thought it was a reflexive! Like, they do something to me? I am sooo confused right now :eek: Qui m'ont aidé sounds right though, I'll probably just put that. One tiny mistake won't matter that much

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.