Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by We, happy few!)
    * Poser une question OR demander quelque chose

It's redundant when you say "demander une question". 'Demander' already means 'I'm going to ask you a question'.

Well, literally it means "I'm doing my first weapons in informatics" or something like that.I don't know if that makes sense... :erm:
    :lolwut: it's about an old lady installing a computer and she says that...

ReputationRep:
    Thatitootoo, you aren't talentless. You're good at languages. I suspect all other A-level choices will make greater demands on your weakest area- doing work!

Certainly psychology would be a bad choice for you, unless it was truly a major interest for you. It's not an A-level to pick just because you want a doss subject, but then, hardly any of them are.

ReputationRep:
    Thatitootoo, you aren't talentless. You're good at languages. I suspect all other A-level choices will make greater demands on your weakest area- doing work!

Certainly psychology would be a bad choice for you, unless it was truly a major interest for you. It's not an A-level to pick just because you want a doss subject, but then, hardly any of them are.

ReputationRep:
    Bugger, double post. Meh, it was so true, it was worth saying twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatitootoo)
    Would you say S1 is the easiest Maths unit?? Sag ja, oderrrrr

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Considering it takes 5 minutes (at most) each lesson to cover the topics we're doing, yeah :mmm:

C1 is still super easy despite taking a while for my teacher to explain certain things to certain people, so length of lesson might not be a good measurement

(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    If I ask each one you'd remember right? English Lit and Lang?

Deutschk
    A and a B (not sure which is which, but Lang is most likely A).

Deutsch(k?!) A, got that in Year 10 (shouldn't have entered early given that my teacher never showed up for most of the year :unimpressed:).

ReputationRep:
    faire des armes- to fence (as in the three musketeers, I think, not as in putting fencing around the garden to stop the next-door-neighbour's dog defecating on your lawn), according to my dictionary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    A and a B (not sure which is which, but Lang is most likely A).

Deutsch(k?!) A, got that in Year 10 (shouldn't have entered early given that my teacher never showed up for most of the year :unimpressed:).
    :cool:

:mmm: chemistry and physics?

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: it's about an old lady installing a computer and she says that...
    'Armes' means 'weapons/ guns' etc.

Maybe "armes en informatique" is an expression meaning "it's my first time using a computer'' but I've never heard it before! :eek:

I looked it up and it doesn't exist in fact.

You know, I'm taking some risks by typing "weapons/ informatics" in my search bar!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by We, happy few!)
    'Armes' means 'weapons/ gunfires' etc.

Maybe "armes en informatique" is an expression meaning "it's my first time using a computer'' but I've never heard it before! :eek:

I looked it up and it doesn't exist in fact.

You know, I'm taking some risks by typing "weapons/ informatics" in my search bar!
    :rofl: :toofunny:

I've no idea... :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octopus_Garden)

Loud and clear Octopus, loud and clear!
    I achieved an E in GCSE Psychology, merely by just turning up for the exam...does that fact indicate a strong aptitude in the Psychological sciences? haha learning Freud's theories about how little boys subconsciously think of their mothers....hmm... it's not for me

You got 95+% in S1 right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :cool:

:mmm: chemistry and physics?
    A*s :pierre:

To be blunt, the only Bs I received in "real" () subjects were in Latin Literature (A* in Language) and Classics (because of a D in an exam everyone seemed to **** up :lol: 100 UMS in coursework).

ReputationRep:
    Mango & Fish
    I'll be on that Statistics A-level like a parasite I don't care if it's laborioussss

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatitootoo)
    Mango & Fish
    I'll be on that Statistics A-level like a parasite I don't care if it's laborioussss

Posted from TSR Mobile
    **** that **** Despite it being the easiest Maths unit, it's also the one I see myself being most likely to fail (the chance is still low, but of them all it's the highest ); I really can't be bothered to do anything in Stats lessons :mmm: I feel really bad about it, but I try to do some book exercises and end up nearly asleep in my chair :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember. Both my stats modules were over 80%. That's all I know. But the first one might have been only 81%.

ReputationRep:
    **** that **** Despite it being the easiest Maths unit, it's also the one I see myself being most likely to fail (the chance is still low, but of them all it's the highest ); I really can't be bothered to do anything in Stats lessons :mmm: I feel really bad about it, but I try to do some book exercises and end up nearly asleep in my chair :lol:
    looooool ! No! Statistics is sexy! Sort your priorities

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember. Both my stats modules were over 80%. That's all I know. But the first one might have been only 81%.
    Well you're qualified to be my Maths tutor next year either way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In what world does it make sense to get tuition from someone who merely did two AS-level stats units and passed them nearly 10 years ago, and has done no maths since, other than to patronise people over the internet, instead of a mathematician who is actually paid to co-teach maths in a local school?

I am TERRIBLE at teaching maths beyond GCSE

ReputationRep:
    A*s :pierre:

To be blunt, the only Bs I received in "real" () subjects were in Latin Literature (A* in Language) and Classics (because of a D in an exam everyone seemed to **** up :lol: 100 UMS in coursework).
    Aah, I see :ahee:

How come a state school taught those though?

ReputationRep:
    In what world does it make sense to get tuition from someone who merely did two AS-level stats units and passed them nearly 10 years ago, and has done no maths since, other than to patronise people over the internet, instead of a mathematician who is actually paid to co-teach maths in a local school?

I am TERRIBLE at teaching maths beyond GCSE
    omg, for a second I forgot that your husband happens to be an Oxford Maths graduate who teaches Maths for a living, omg your babies are going to be good at Maths and MFLs when they grow up, omg did I just write that, anyhoo das ist tatsächlich wahr! Scheint mir eine sehr gute Idee! :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Italian GCSE may actually come to fruition... turns out one of my friends decided to do Italian GCSE and actually got a tutor, so I told him if he was to do the GCSE I would too. (Y)

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.