Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    This is meant to say something...

Attachment 256297

The "to be" looks wrong though...
    You're still at it! Nice to see, which languages atm? Hope you haven't become overly ambitious haha, I could see you making such a mistake :p: Which is a good mindset, in a way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    I must say, there is a lovely satisfactory feeling upon mastering the writing of a character which was once deemed relatively difficult.
    Yes! One I always find satisfying is 歡 from 喜歡。Or maybe 懂。Always so satisfying! I do have a major love for characters!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super_kawaii)
    First person pronoun is basically I (in the singular) or we (in the plural) so in Mandarin would be 我 or 我们. Personal pronouns apply to all languages-they're the words I, you, he, she, it, we, you and they

You can find quite a few good resources on Amazon and in major bookstores. Amazon's better I think as you can see reviews and they also tend to be quite a bit cheaper. It's best if you get a book with CDs, at it means you'll learn pronunciation better. The teach yourself course it quite good, although it doesn't teach you characters, only pinyin. You should be able to find a good character book online though.
    I think that pronoun comment was one of the silliest things I've ever written I don't know why I thought pronouns might somehow not feature in Mandarin (I suppose I thought it might be similar to the differences in writing system). But yes, that's the character I learnt, 我 :awesome: I figured other characters were added to account for case and plurality

Thanks, I'll check Amazon Learning the characters will also help me with my Japanese.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    I think that pronoun comment was one of the silliest things I've ever written I don't know why I thought pronouns might somehow not feature in Mandarin (I suppose I thought it might be similar to the differences in writing system). But yes, that's the character I learnt, 我 :awesome: I figured other characters were added to account for case and plurality

Thanks, I'll check Amazon
    No worries Yeah, the character 们 is added to indicate plurality with personal pronouns, so 我 (I/me) becomes 我们 (we/us) etc. One of my previous comments shows all the personal pronouns in Mandarin.

Wouldn't mind learning a bit of Cantonese-it sounds so nice

ReputationRep:
    That means 'you are', and the 是 is right, don't worry
    :woo:

To do is so hard to write

(Original post by AquisM)
    Non, c'est parfait. Tu l'as écrit très bien.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    MercI

我现在上的课非常无聊

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
    Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.